Baddies
Kkx
User

Kk - 964 Shadow Priest

Postby Kkx » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:01 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 20 & Texas,USA
- Number of Testicles: 2 FeelsGoodMan
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? No, because I'm a real nigga.
- How long have you played WoW: Been playing since the end of BC
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Mainly focused on PvP previous xpacs but began to raid in Legion. Got to 5/11M in Antorus
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Retaliate in Lightning's Blade, irl situations occured so I had to step down from raiding.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Kk - priest
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/onyxia/kk
- Race & professions: Blood Elf, Enchanting/Tailoring
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Shadow is main spec, never really played healer but I'm willing to learn if it's beneficial for the guild.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: I pretty much start with Mindblast, apply dots, second mindblast, arcane torrent followed by a full mind flay cast. Void Eruption afterwards followed by Void Torrent at around 4-6 stacks. Void Bolt on cool down. Mindbender at around 25-30 stacks depending in the situation I'm in.
- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? Shadow(77) Holy(75) Disc(68)
- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? Have all shadow legendaries & some pretty decent healer legendaries.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Legendary wise I always go with Sephuz/belt. Haste > Crit >
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Priest discord & warcraftlogs

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/23823303
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? I play on a toaster, 50-75fps while raiding
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? Reliable player that can get the job done if others fail to do so.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I'm trying to get known bruh. Found you all through Waves.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. https://gyazo.com/552d6147cd2f542615a7e675084906ea
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS). https://gyazo.com/a26dab3e313e03ed0ef148e26b65e5cf

Paradigmz
User

Re: Kk - 964 Shadow Priest

Postby Paradigmz » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:51 am

Have a couple questions for you:

1. Can you go into more detail about the stat weights. Simply putting Haste > Crit doesnt tell me much. How much haste do you look for generally, at what point does it devalue? You said you use Warcraft logs as a reference, can you tell me about the accepted Simcraft stat weights vs the new builds most top performing Spriests use. Wheres does Vers/Mast/int fit in.

2. Do you have a pantheon trinket, if so, why are you using the prototype for ST.

3. I see you use Body and Soul on most fights instead of Mania, especially on Gorothi and HC. Is there a reason for that?

4. For Dogs and HC the damage done seems low, are you making sure to maintain dots, multi-dotting really is the only redeeming quality for spriest as it really empowers ST and lets you meter top idiots like waves.

5. Lastly, from a defensive standpoint. HC command has some of the most avoidable damage in ABT. Going through the logs you died on both kills due to standing in double bladestorm, one for about 5 secs, and the other for about 20 secs. Unfortunately we don't play aff locks, where we can just drain soul 4Head. How are you using disperse?

Kkx
User

Re: Kk - 964 Shadow Priest

Postby Kkx » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:19 pm

1. I normally try to aim for 15-16k haste, going past 16k makes it lose it's value. Would rather be putting it towards crit. Going to be honest, I haven't raided in quite a few months so I'm not really familiar with the new builds that have came out. Hopefully I get to learn about the new builds from Paradigmz.
2. Yes, I have 1000 ilvl pantheon trinket but I use prototype over it because I feel like I'm lacking haste without it. I sit at around 14,200 without prototype and sit around 15,700 with it equip.
3. No reason tbh, didn't really think there was much of a difference, but I'm guessing there is.
4. During dog kills, tanks always had each of them across the map from each other so it was difficult for me to keep running across the whole room to maintain dots on both without trying to get hit by the opposite debuff. During HC, I mainly focused on targeting bats because during progression our melee lacked killing them so they always ended up taking the person out of the pod.
5. I sometimes tend to panic a lot once I get to around 5-10% hp so I panic hit disperse and end up not having it during situations where it would matter more.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”