User

Doc - Frost/Fire Mage

Postby Doc » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:10 pm

Player information:

- Age & Location: 27 / Canada, BC

- Number of Testicles: 2 BIG ONES

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes

- How long have you played WoW: Since March 2005, 13 years

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Raided in vanilla all the way till MoP, started playing in legion but didn't start really raiding till Nighthold. I cleared 6/10M with a casual guild <silent> till ToS where the guild fell apart after the raid leader had to leave because of RL issues. Started raiding with <Devoid> in July, going 7/9 in ToS (Extended for 7 weeks on Mythic Avatar). Raided to 10/11M only missing the kill on Kin'garoth because of RL issues.Currently have 637 pulls on Mythic Argus ( Best pull being sub 20%)

Nighthold: 6/10M
TOS: 7/9
ABT: 10/11

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Toxic Leadership & heavy turnover rate with raiders and officers. (Will provided more information if needed).

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Doc / Mage
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... jaeden/doc
- Race & professions: Troll Enchanter & Herbalist

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?

Main: Frost / Off-spec: Fire
Frost i play for most boss fights for the burst damage and cleave, i play fire as much as i play my main spec in raids and most of the time in mythic+. https://raider.io/characters/us/kiljaeden/Doc

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:

Opener: Ebonbolt, Icey Veins & Trinket (If usable) into Frozen Orb. Then its a simple priorities of procs BF and Fingers of Frost. I like to use frozen orb right at the opener when i'm using Vitality Resonator so i can have full use of each buff with my Fingers of frost procs, if not i use my frozen orb after the first 2 Frostbolts.

Normal Rotation:
Try to Frostbolt between each proc.
Frostbolt, FoF, Frostbolt, BF, Ice lance, Frostbolt, FoF, frozen orb/ trinket, FoF (until procs are gone). Don't like to use a FoF with a BF proc unless i need to move OR it's during a opener where i have pot and lust.

- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)?
Frost: 81 / Fire: 76 / Arcane: 75

- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any?
Frost: All / Fire: All / Arcane: All

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):

Current stat priorities: Frost: 33% Crit - Haste = Vers.
Frost i like to run ring and bracers for most fights for the increase damage from bracers & 2nd lust during burn phases. If it's a different fight that has interrupts and lust will be used later in the fight i will use spehuz over ring for interrupts (Like Portal Keeper) OR Prydaz for fights with a lot spiky/raid damage like Aggramar. I also run currently 2 set T20 for the increase of critical strike damage by 20% during frozen orb.

Off-spec: Fire: Crit (until 70%) > Haste > Mastery > Vers.
Fire i like to run ring and bracers for most fights that lust will be used early into the pull (Same idea as frost). If fight has lust later i will use belt for executing phases / small adds where i can fish Pyro procs from. Will replace ring for Sephuz or Prydaz to deal with different fight mechanizes. Have multi-differnet gear sets for mythic+ (Will go into more depth if needed)

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?

I do most of my Research on warcraft logs and watching kill video's / streams from the perspective of the class i'm currently playing. I also look at altered-time ( https://www.altered-time.com/forum/ ) for theroycrafting. Right now i'm testing in the beta (have being in the alpha since the start of April).

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: https://i.imgur.com/ceGRQJ8.jpg

- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/kiljaeden/doc

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?

CPU: I7 6700K
16g 2666 Mhz DDR4
Overclock MSI 1070
144hz 2k Monitor
Typical FPS: 120fps-144fps

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?

I have the drive to show up and perform my best, i try to push myself in improving my skill and play in and out of raid. If i play a class i like to understand inside and out of every spec (don't like being a one spec Raider). I'm willing to play learn and study even if its not ask or needed. I don't suspect to be Favorited or handheld through any content. I ask for the straight truth about my performance and if knowledgeable where i can improve.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
Contacted by Storm over B.net.

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Charlondo
User

Re: Doc - Frost/Fire Mage

Postby Charlondo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:21 pm

D OMEGALUL C

Dippindots
User

Postby Dippindots » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Thank you for applying! Is there a time we could meet in discord to talk more about a trial?

Doc
User

Postby Doc » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:30 pm

I'm available anytime, will only be busy Monday night.

Dippindots
User

Postby Dippindots » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:53 am

DM'd you discord info

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”