User

Horadin - Windwalker

Postby Horadin » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:03 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 27 Pennsylvania
- Number of Testicles: Atleast 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? I do
- How long have you played WoW: Longer than I'd like to admit.. Since 2008
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I am 2/11M for Antorus. However, I have 7/7M EN, 3/3M ToV, and 9/9M ToS experience.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I have played with
[Endless-Sargeras] US113 M Archimonde, US101 M Xavius.
[Big Crits-Sen'jin] US 4th Heroic Helya US54 M Helya
[Humble-Crushridge] US202 M Kil'Jaeden
I Left Endless because Half of the Raid Team wanted to push US20 or higher and the other half didn't want to invest that much time so the guild disbanded on the spot.
I joined Big Crits shortly after, and despite them being a decently skilled guild, There were a lot of toxic officers abusing Loot Council and I left shortly after NH started.
After taking a little break and coming back for ToS, I joined Humble and finished off the tier Killing KJ before a handful of members up and left.
I decided to join a small group of players doing Heroic Antorus but with the downward slope of the Expansion and my still growing thirst to get back into Mythic. Here I am.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Horadin - Windwalker Monk
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/emerald-dream/horadin
- Race & professions: Blood Elf | Alchemy + Herbalism
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?
Main Spec - Windwalker, Off-Spec - Brewmaster / Mistweaver
I play my Off-Spec quite frequently, More so Brewmaster than Mistweave but I am capable of All specs.
I have both tanked and healed all of the bosses (for Heroic atleast).

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Windwalker: Opener - ChiWave running in > TP > ToD > SEF > RSK > EE+SotW > FoF > BoK(proc) > WDP. After that I prioritise SotW>RSK>FoF>BoK(proc)>WDP>BoK>ChiWave
As far as talents go, WW is pretty boring and doesnt have any choices really, using the same talents for both AoE and ST.

Brewmaster: 100% uptime on Ironskin Brew is a must, after that its roughly Keg>BoS>TP(if running Blackout Combo)>BoF>RJW>TP(no Blackout Combo).
When running more offensive, Brewmaster can run with Blackout combo for extra Tiger palm damage as well as Pausing stagger if needed. For more defensive play, you can run High Tolerance for a bit of safety.
Rushing Jade Wind is very useful for picking up adds and used as a filler. but in short, single target fights, the black ox can pull ahead as far as damage.

Mistweaver: Healing is a little more complicated and not as cookie cutter. But Generally you want to use Renewing Mist on CD, Essence Font for incoming raid damage(usually on CD). Vivify Procs for extra heals, Effuse with heavy downtime to build Sheilun stacks.
For Talents. Chi Burst is the best option for tier 15. Spirit of the Crane is very useful for the mana regen. Rushing Jade Wind for fights that are tightly stacked and The Red Crane for some longer fights where you need the mana.

- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? Windwalker-79
Brewmaster-75 Mistweaver-75

- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? I currently have All of the Monk Legendaries
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Windwalker: Legendaries: The Wind Blows(helm) + Emperors Capacitor(chest) is arguably the Best combo due to raw Agility. However, with enough mastery on other pieces of gear, Helm+Wrists can be slightly better for AoE. I prioritise Mastery > Crit => Versatility >Haste. Agility is obviously highest but with our 6 core pieces of gear, 4-piece + 2 Legendaries, there isnt really an option but just the highest Ilvl.

Brewmaster: Legendaries: Offensively, Chest+Shoulders. Defensively, Belt+Stagger Ring/Wrists. As far as stats go, Haste (to about 14%) > Versatility > Critical Strike > Mastery >= Haste

Mistweaver: Legendaries: Generally run Cloak+Prydaz or Cloak+Velens. Most Commonly, stats are Crit > Vers > Haste > Mastery. But I run a slightly Mastery Heavy build that utilises the 4-piece much nicer.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? I try to play as much Alpha/Beta as I can. Outside of that, http://www.peakofserenity.com/ Is useful for questions and updates for Windwalker, not so much the other specs.
I use Sims to get a baseline Idea of which stats or gear will be better, and spend far too much time smashing Training Dummies to get an actual representation of my output.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: http://prntscr.com/ja7tj6
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/emerald-dream/horadin#
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? Custom Built. i7-8700k, 64gb Ram, Nvidia 1080ti and typically run 120+ FPS
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? What I can tell you is that I am very knowledgeable about the Monk class as a whole and I hope my numbers and show that. I try to play to the best of my classes ability, even before they were good.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Well I was looking for a guild through WoWProgress and "Storm" Reached out to me and told me to toss up and Application.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/7259077409
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).http://prntscr.com/ja86uh

Tontsuo
User

Re: Horadin - Windwalker

Postby Tontsuo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:39 pm

App looks pretty solid to me and you know your stuff, will review a bit with the other officers and we'll get back to you!

Dippindots
User

Re: Horadin - Windwalker

Postby Dippindots » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:26 am

Very impressive app. We are going to extend you a trial! I DM'd you a discord link so we can talk further. Lemme know when works best for you.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”