Jaider, Champion of the Light!

Baddies
Jaider
User

Jaider, Champion of the Light!

Postby Jaider » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 21, Ontario
- Number of Testicles: Yes ( I have 2, had to feel down there to make sure)
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: 10 years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Before legion, I killed all them mofos! In legion: 7/7M EN 2/3M ToV 10/10M NH 4/9M ToS
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Wonky, raided with them all last tier, lovable guys, but hella drama recently. Makes Jaiderboys sad. Also sketchy raiding on Thursdays kinda busy that particular day of the week.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Jaiderboys, Retribution Paladin
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... jaiderboys
- Race, professions & why you chose them: Blood elf, because they are so cute! I am alchemy/engineering because I am a strong independant man and can make my own flasks, engi for the qt goggle mogs <3.
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Main spec is Ret, off spec, prot/holy, I sometimes tank in m+ haven't healed since MoP though.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Pre-pot > judge (with 4pc ToS) BoJ, Crusade, TV, WoA, TV, arcane torrent, TV, CSx2, if FoJ proc, TV, if not, BoJ, TV,CS,TV. Proceed to normal rotation of spending at least 1 charge of CS while using BoJ on cooldown, judgment right before spending with TV/DS(2+ mobs for DS)
- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? Ret 57, Prot 52, Holy 35
- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? I have every ret legendary except the new ring and chest. I currently am using the cloak and belt on every fight in ToS. If I get the ring, I will be experimenting with that on certain fights mainly DI, Maiden and Kil'Jaeden. Am farming for the ring.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Haste>vers=crit>mastery. I am pretty comfortable with my current haste numbers at 28%, although I may try to hit the 30% mark so I won't have to worry about judgment timings. Will make the new legendary ring a more lucrative choice to use on the fights I mentioned above.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? I research mostly through looking at logs of other top retribution paladins. Looking at what they do in fights I'm weaker on, I'm always trying to be the best player I can, so if there is an area I can improve on, I will bash my head into it until I get it right. I would say the paladin discord, but it is filled with apes spamming " RET MAIN COMING THROUGH" with a bunch of wheelchairs on each side of the sentence.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? I made a beastly computer a couple yrs back, Intel core i-7 6700k, 16 gb of corsair vengeance ram, and an nvidia 980 card, I get around 90fps in raid on max graphics.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I believe you guys should accept me because I bring a wild sense of humour, a great skillset, and the mentality of a progression driven player who wants to improve every step of the way!
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I know this dude Reign in your guild I carry him in mythic plus all the time, especially through Halls of Valor. :) I also chill with you guys in discord sometimes.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/6133862232
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Xaphus
User

Re: Jaider, Champion of the Light!

Postby Xaphus » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:21 pm

Lol thanks for Applying Jaider, we will be in touch very soon!

- Xaphus

Wex
User

Postby Wex » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:44 pm

Yo fellow ret bro. I'm about to fire off some questions so bear with me.

1) Do your t19 pieces blow? Last time I checked, i was pretty sure 2/4 with belt ring was simming higher?
2) Is there any reason you've stuck with BOJ over DH for fights like DI / Harj? It's odd that you pulled more with BOJ on harj than DH, but that might be cause counterweight lul.
- I'm guessing you went fires to assist with cape
3) Have you tried other openers?
- I'm pretty sure opening with boj and building to 4/5 depending on ring, then judge would net you more damage on opener, and it accounts for the occasional instant boj proc.
It seems nit picky but I think that extra global might've gotten you to 15 stacks crusade on your first judge on a couple different logs i looked

Jaider
User

Postby Jaider » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:08 pm

Heya! Thanks for the questions, You picked some fantastic ones alot of people ask me about.
1) I find the 2pc/4pc situation very interesting. In my opinion, it's more trouble than it is worth getting helm/shoulders of a high enough item level to warrant using it over off pieces from ToS, for example, the helm gives vers/crit which are very sought after provided your haste breakpoints are sufficiently met. For the matter of it simming higher; I feel that is somewhat correct because of the 7% extra dmg on TV/DS really pushes the potential of the build really high. The issue is that getting more and more gear from the current raid at a higher ilvl with just a much larger amount of raw stats is going to be more sought after because of the availability of the gear. however if I get a fantastic helm/shoudlers combo from NH I will for sure consider this build! :)
2) The reasoning behind the BoJ usage is mostly to do with cape at least for DI, I find that DH is only a dps increase for such a small portion of the fight in comparison to just using BoJ because more often than not, at least in my guild, people run all over the place with the adds, and for that situation DH would be pretty redundant to use, and for Harjatan, the adds honestly don't live long enough for DH to see it's potential really shine
3) Yes I do experiment with starting with building to 4, judge, crusade, then continuing with my regular rotation with the AW ring seems like the correct choice, however, using cape/belt, I find the one I use seems to yield the most consistant results. I find that is a more efficient way of managing my resources, however, with ring, I believe building to 4, as you mentioned is the way to go! Hope that gives you the insight you were looking for.

Wex
User

Postby Wex » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:29 pm

For sure. Thanks for responding. Clearly, you're pulling the numbers needed, those were just probably the things I would fuck around with if I were you. I think a lot of the rets I'd talked to were just whatever their highest 19 pieces were and still finding good results, I'm pretty sure ryu is using shoulder gloves since the 20 tier isn't that great for them if i remember right. But for sure, getting the pieces is definitely a bitch.

What breakpoint are you talking about? Perma Judge? Or just to help cape uptime

Jaider
User

Postby Jaider » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:33 pm

Honestly, I think the perma judge is a good place to stop. I am pretty comfortable with where I am now though. So it's more of a goal that if I hit it, great, if not, I won't be sweating over it. But you made an excellent point with the 2pc provided I get them at a high level as well as certain openers, especially if I swap legos for certain fights.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”