Crazzluzz
User

Crazzluzz - Shadow Priest

Postby Crazzluzz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:33 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 25, Knoxville TN
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Played since Vanilla, raided since Wrath of the Lich King
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Naxx 10/25 - 15/15
Sarth's 10/25 - 1/1 with achievement
EoE 10/25 - 1/1
Ulduar 10/25 - 14/14 - Including 1 Light 10 man
ToGC 10/25 - 5/5 - Including 0 wipes 10 man
ICC 10/25H - 12/12
BWD - 6/6
ToFW - 2/2
BoT - 5/5
Firelands - 7/7
Dragon Soul H - 8/8
HoF - 6/6
ToES - 4/4
MV - 6/6
ToT - 12/13
SoO - 14/14
Warlords of Draenor - Break
EN M - 2/7
ToV H - 3/3
NH M - 4/10

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Immortalis Ex - I've raided with them for almost 10 years, but I can't take the progression anymore. I had a period of time (2 weeks) where my work schedule was shifted due to getting a new job that made me unable to make their raid times, so I joined a late night guild I could raid with and went to 4/10M with them. My work schedule is now back to normal, and will stay that way, so I couldn't make the late night guild's time's anymore. I went back to Immortalis Ex, but immediately started looking for a new home, because I want Mythic progression again. When Zadkhiel found you guys, he reached out to me and I thought I would apply.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Crazzluzz, Shadow Priest

- Link to battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... uzz/simple

- Race, professions & why you chose them: Troll, Tailoring/Enchanting. Chose Tailoring to be able to craft gear when I was a fresh 110, Enchanting for raid benefit. Chose Troll because Berserking synergizes nicely with the Shadow Priest playstyle.

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Shadow, Holy. Will play Holy only if absolutely necessary.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Shadow Priest is a very circular, cooldown based spec. The goal of Shadow Priest is to get into Voidform (by reaching 65 Insanity with LotV) and maintain Voidform for as long as possible. The bulk of Shadow Priest's damage comes from periods of time where we can maintain 130% Haste or higher, where our rotation changes from VB - MB - filler to VB - MB -VB - filler.

Our actual priority list is:

DoTs (SWP and VT)
Void Eruption (entering Voidform)
Void Torrent
Void Bolt
Mind Blast
Filler spell (Shadow Word: Death during execute, Mind Flay otherwise)

- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? 44 in Shadow, 27 in Holy. Can grind Holy to minimum 36 traits if needed.

- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? I currently am wearing Prydaz and Wrists, but have Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish and The Twin's Painful Touch. I'm currently farming Sephuz's Secret, because, after 7.2, it is SPriest's best legendary by a landslide.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Shadow Priest wants, at minimum, 4000 Crit and 10500 Haste, with as much Mastery as possible after those breakpoints. However, it is ideal if you can push up to 11500 or even 12000 Haste, which is where Mastery starts to overtake Haste in value.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? The Priest discord, as well as howtopriest.com.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 836/latest
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?

I have a custom built gaming PC.
Processor - AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz
Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
RAM - 16 GB
FPS - 60+

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I take raiding seriously. I want real Mythic progression and I am willing to work for it. I have extensive knowledge of Shadow Priest, including getting my challenge skin, which very few Shadow Priest's have been able to achieve. I admit to and own my mistakes, and always learn from them. I will never make the same mistake twice. I have experience being a Raid Leader, and have extensive knowledge of fight mechanics before we even pull the boss.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I found Simple Math through Zadkhiel. He knew I was itching to get back into real Mythic progression, so when he found you guys, he pointed me in your direction as well.

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6253446049
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Xaphus
User

Re: Crazzluzz - Shadow Priest

Postby Xaphus » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Hey thanks for applying! Nice to see a friendly face. We're reviewing your application as we speak feel free to reply here or add me on btag if you have any questions.

Xaphus
Xaphus#1471

Crazzluzz
User

Postby Crazzluzz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Sounds good. If you need anything from me, feel free to add me at Crazzluz#1727.

Valtrexa
User

Postby Valtrexa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Are there other character(s) that you did your previous mythic/old heroic level raiding on? Your shadowpriest armory shows very few mythic/old heroic kills when they were relevant content. Can you provide armory links for them please, assuming there are others?

Immortalis Ex shows no rankings for any tier prior this expansion yet you've raided with them for 10 years. What's the deal with that? Server transfer?

What was the name of the late night guild where you got 4/10 mythic? Your warcraftlogs link doesn't show any of the mythic kills you obtained with that guild. I only see an April 19 Skorpyron with Immortalis Ex. Do you have access to these logs? If so, can you post a link.

Thanks.

Crazzluzz
User

Postby Crazzluzz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:15 pm

1. 2 weeks ago, I race changed to Troll and changed my name at the same time. I'm sorry, I forgot to mention it! The old name was Glendlemine, and I raided the start of the expansion on Crazzluz, which is my Holy Paladin. Here's the log file for Glendlemine: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 00/latest/

2. Immortalis Ex has gone through several name changes over the years. The guild was initially NoSummons on Whisperwind Horde, then Wiping as Intended on Whisperwind Alliance. The guild as a whole took a break after Siege of Orgrimmar, and we rebuilt as Immortalis Ex on Area 52 with Legion. There was a brief period of time where we raided as Immortal Kittens on Area 52 due to a guild merger that fell apart.

3. I was raiding with Useless Gaming on Area 52 (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pcbCQADqnZdt7hT9, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/D7wW3gJdMF62fTB4 and https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZcG3kmLybFRHzpN4)

Rickles
User

Postby Rickles » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:25 am

thumbs up

Mal
User

Postby Mal » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:36 am

Hey Crazz,

Good app, I had a question for you. Can you talk about when/if there is an appropriate time to play S2M and do you like that play style or do you not and don't plan on switching for the fights it might be stronger for?

Crazzluzz
User

Postby Crazzluzz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:21 pm

I am comfortable playing S2M, that's actually how I did my Appearance Challenge, doing the 1-phase burn.

S2M is still stronger than LotV if the fight duration is about 4:30 or shorter. This is due to the changes in 7.1 that make it impossible to last until the third Void Torrent single target. However, there are 3 key instances in Nighthold where S2M is ideal.

The first is Normal and Heroic Botanist. Since phase 3 on Normal and Heroic is 3 target cleave, S2M, due to our 2-piece and Mind Flay generating bonus Insanity, can last almost the entire phase 3 duration, giving us a lot more damage than LotV.

Another is Mythic Trilliax. Because of the high amount of movement on the fight coupled with the rather short duration, S2M can be ideal here in order to maximize DPS while running around soaking Scrubbers and eating cake. Also, like Heroic Botanist, you can Vampiric Touch all of the Scrubbers during the cleaner phase for extra Insanity, thanks to the 2 piece. The only reason I didn't use S2M during my previous kills of Mythic Trilliax was simply because I was still getting used to the timing and movement differences in the fight from Heroic. Now that I'm more comfortable with it, I plan on running Surrender.

The other, and more important, time to use S2M is Mythic Star Augur. Since the DPS check in Phase 3 is so high, you can opt to run S2M, because your raw DPS in Phases 1 and 2 is not that important. You sacrifice damage in P1 and P2 to help the raid burn P3 as fast as possible with S2M.

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Hey Crazz! do you have some time tonight or perhaps tomorrow to chat on Discord? :D

Around 8pm est please reply with which works best for you.

Xaphus

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Accepted, welcome! Please schedule your transfer at your soonest convenience.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”