Warlock Application - Wakalockadin.

Baddies
Lockadin
User

Warlock Application - Wakalockadin.

Postby Lockadin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:39 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 16 years of age, I live in Central Florida.
- Number of Testicles: 2.5
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes.
- How long have you played WoW: 5 Years or so.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I don't have much experience raiding outside of Legion content, however I have killed Heroic Xavius, Helya, and Gul'dan this expansion.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Savage Inc, and OFF MY STOOP. I left these guilds because I wanted to see how far I could progress as a player and to see if I would enjoy Mythic-Tier raiding.
Character Information:
- Name & Class: Wakalockadin - Warlock.
- Link to battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/u ... din/simple
- Race, professions & why you chose them: I am a Troll, I have Herbalism and Alchemy. I chose Troll because the 15% haste is very beneficial in my starting burst. I am an Herbalist/Alchemist because I used to farm herbs for my old guild, and I recently took up alchemy to make a lot of "Potions of Prolonged Power."
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? My main-spec is Affliction and Off-Spec is Destruction, I don't play my off-spec often because I'm not very fond of the rotation.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: I open with Agony, then to Corruption, I use Unstable Affliction anywhere from 2 to 4 times, depending on if I have the amount of Soul-Shards or Soul Conduit procs, after I have my DoT's on the target, I use Drain Soul.
- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? 43 in Affliction, 28 in Destruction, and 21 in Demonology.
- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? I have Sephuz's Secret, Reap and Sow, and Hood of Eternal Disdain. I am currently farming Sacrolash's Dark Strike to help me with my Corruption damage on fights like High Botanist Tel'arn and other fights similar to it.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): I use mostly mastery oriented gear, because as Affliction, your mastery increases the damage of all of your DoT's, then I half half haste and half critical strike, with all pieces having mastery, because haste increases my speed and critical makes my DoT's do more damage. My stats for Affliction currently are 16%/16%/122%. For my Off-Spec(Destruction) I stack intellect before I stack any haste because intellect makes my damage higher and haste increases the slow cast timers, after 15-20% haste, I stack a bit of critical strike.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? I never really look at guides, I feel as if I do well for my item level, and I learn most of what I need to from other players that do really well with logs. Such as Kronlak-Ursin.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 4-15_3.png
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 5/latest/#
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? / 8.00GB/Acer GeForce Laptop. Intel-Core i5-7200 CPU 2.50Ghz - 2.70Ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 940MX / Ranges anywhere from 40-100 depending on the raid and the location I am in.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I wish to further my raiding career, and I feel as if after clearing Heroic Nighthold a few times, I'd like to try Mythic Raiding.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I would like to join your guild because even though I have different options, Simple Math just appeals to me the most. I found you guys originally when I was hanging out with Dippindotts, I had asked what it took to join back in Emerald Nightmare tier, but I never bothered to try out, because I wasn't as confident in my playstyle as I am now. I know Xaphus in Simple Math the most now, but Dippindotts did tell me to try out.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6220737385
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS). https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... titled.png

Raynorxx
User

Re: Warlock Application - Wakalockadin.

Postby Raynorxx » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:51 pm

We are reviewing your application and will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Xiun
User

Postby Xiun » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Only concern I have here is with your age. I'm just wondering if you're confidant you'll be able to make all our raid times and still be able to keep up with school, "chores" etc. or if there are any failings in IRL if you could potentially have your computer/internet privileges revoked.

I only ask because I have been in guilds where raiders suddenly vanish without warning because of parents.

Lockadin
User

Postby Lockadin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:59 pm

I am able to make the raid times, I'm Virtual Schooled, so I don't have any things that conflict with your schedule, anything that they will need me for, I will do before the raid time.

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Number of Testicles: 2.5

You may want to see a doctor. It is probably cancer, sorry.

Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Savage Inc, and OFF MY STOOP. I left these guilds because I wanted to see how far I could progress as a player and to see if I would enjoy Mythic-Tier raiding.

You left these guilds and joined your current guild? How is that going?

Lockadin
User

Postby Lockadin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:29 pm

I'm not in a current guild at the moment, I was in <The Horde Empire> for like 1 day or so and I didn't really like the crowd there and left. I feel as if I'm progressing well right now without any assistance. I got my Heroic Gul'dan kill(s) without both guilds.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Lockadin wrote:- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? My main-spec is Affliction and Off-Spec is Destruction, I don't play my off-spec often because I'm not very fond of the rotation.

if the situation arose where you needed to play a different spec are you willing/able?

Lockadin wrote:- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? I never really look at guides, I feel as if I do well for my item level, and I learn most of what I need to from other players that do really well with logs. Such as Kronlak-Ursin.

there is considerable value in reference material and it's fairly irresponsible not to utilize the enormous amount of resources available - you can learn tricks, be introduced to helpful addons, and evaluate the effects of upcoming changes on your play style. running simulations on your various gear choices is also useful since higher item level doesn't always mean higher dps. don't forget that when it comes to mythic mechanics, gear and talent selections can change on a per-fight basis.

Lockadin wrote:- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I would like to join your guild because even though I have different options, Simple Math just appeals to me the most. I found you guys originally when I was hanging out with Dippindotts, I had asked what it took to join back in Emerald Nightmare tier, but I never bothered to try out, because I wasn't as confident in my playstyle as I am now. I know Xaphus in Simple Math the most now, but Dippindotts did tell me to try out.

dippn is no longer a member here, will that be an issue?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Lockadin
User

Postby Lockadin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:36 pm

I am fully aware that I would have to change gear and sim my dps based on the gear I am wearing, I have outdpsed numerous people above 900 item level at 892 before, so I understand that Ilvl doesn't always translate to dps. There will be no issue with Dippindotts no longer being in the guild, I was just using him as an example person.

Lockadin
User

Postby Lockadin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:14 pm

If a situation arose where I would have to play a different spec, I would learn it and try my best to do good numbers. I have a general idea of how to play all of the Warlock specs, however.

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 pm

Accepted, welcome!

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”