Baddies
Stag
User

Stags - Guardian Druid

Postby Stag » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 22, Upstate NY
- Number of Testicles: Large
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? I use an Authenticator on my account.
- How long have you played WoW: Since Nov 2010.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
MoP: Raided casually first tier. Ran with a 2(?) Night friend/guildy Normal group thru ToT. Raided Mythic Siege of Orgrimmar with server progression guild in SoO.
WoD: Raided HM early expansion: Guild disbanded pre-BRF. I played casually for most of the Xpac, doing PuG Normal/Heroic as well as helping a friend’s Guild Group through Heroics occasionally.
Legion: Raided Emerald Nightmare with a progression guild on server. The guild disbanded before ToV due to officer burnout.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Hype (Mythic SoO): Guild struggled to re-progress after Mythic Hellscream 25 died. Constantly rotating roster, people simply giving up/not showing up. When we decided to hang it up until WoD, the acting GM kicked our actual GM/Raid Lead & the guild left with him.
Skill Issue (Mythic HM): A reformation of Hype, albeit on a different server. It was supposed to be a reformation of only the “good players” from Hype. However, quite a few people brought their bad post-Garrosh work ethics with them into WoD & into Skill Issue. The guild collectively called it quits at I believe 4/7 or 5/7 due to roster boss issues/good old WoD apathy.
Livid (Mythic EN): A combination of bad legendaries as well as my own difficulty adapting to Marksmanship Hunter in Legion. I was lucky enough to have Sephuz’s Secret & Prydaz as my first two legendaries in early EN, whereas my counterpart hunters rolled significantly better MM DPS legendaries. I put in my early notice for time off for a trip to Chicago and came back a week later to find my spot was gone. I stayed with Livid to help with casual M+ and farm nights, but left when the guild called it quits on raiding before ToV.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Stags, Night Elf Druid
- Link to battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... s/advanced

- Race, professions & why you chose them: Night Elf, Leatherworking & Skinning. I chose Night Elf predominantly for the aesthetics. However, its rotating crit/haste racial is a nice bonus, as is the added chance to dodge attacks. Were I to go Horde I would most likely go Tauren: bonus health, additional chance for heals to crit, and a half second stun are all valuable tools for a tank (I find myself missing War Stomp as a tank immensely). I chose Leatherworking & Skinning because of how well these professions sync with a medium armour class (this character was also a worgen originally, which made skin particularly lucrative due to their increased skinning speed).

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? I am Guardian main spec with Feral and Balance off-specs. I traditionally have only played my off-specs in PVP (and only feral prior to this expansion). I have done a few Mythic0 as Balance Druid, specifically as the memekin build, with acceptable numbers for the gear level I was at. I am traditionally a rather poor PVE Feral Druid, but would be fine with learning Balance (or even Feral) if necessary, or with instead swapping to a more comfortable DPS class such as my Hunter. I unfortunately cannot play Restoration: despite having tried various healers over the last 6 years, the role just isn't for me.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Standard Rotation, prioritizing survivability over DPS: Mangle > Moonfire (if GG has procced) > Thrash > Swipe (as filler)/Maul (When dumping rage, generally when not actively tanking).

Guardian Defensive Rotation is a priority list of most to least rage-generating abilities, down to Swipe in order to Proc Gore (and in turn generate more rage). We also have a rage dump in Maul, though we generally only use it in situations where we have rage we can’t spend on defensives (i.e. not actively tanking). When focusing on damage output, we prioritize Thrash over GG Moonfires (and, after getting Pawsitive Outlook/Thrash Relics, we prioritize Thrash over Mangle for damage dealing).

- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? Guardian: 38 Balance: 35 Feral: 35 Resto: 13

- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? I currently have Elize’s Everlasting Encasement on my Druid as well as Ailuro Pouncers (RIP). EEE was (and remains) one of our best legendaries both for damage as well as survivability (thanks to Rend & Tear). I’m hoping to aim towards Ekowraith, Creator of World & Luffa’s Wrappings going forward. Ekowraith is widely regarded as our best survivability legendary (the buff to our passive mitigation is a huge boon), whereas Luffa’s is a significant damage increase (particularly when paired with Thrash Relics, which are our BiS).
(Note that Guardian Tanks have several viable legendaries based on if we are prioritizing survivability or damage output and that I'll naturally be swapping between them as I get them based on situation.)

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Guardian has several viable stat priorities depending on how that Guardian will play: A traditional tank Guardian stats differently than one oriented towards DPS, who in turn will stat differently than one who Catweaves. Although gear targeting is incredibly frustrating in Legion due to WF/TF/M+, the stat priority for a standard defense-oriented Guardian Tank is: Vers>=Mastery>Haste>Crit

Versatility & Mastery are close on our priority list. Both provide significant survivability to a Guardian Druid (and contribute in some ways to our DPS: Vers directly gives a DMG boost and Mastery for Guardians does, in fact, give a small amount of Attack Power). Versatility pulls ahead for the same reason many guardians have begun valuing Ekowraith: the passive reduction in Damage Taken. Mastery increases our Health Pool a significant amount and also increases our healing received, both from ourselves by way of Frenzied Regen & by our healers. It's better to simply not take the Damage, however, which is why we prefer Versatility.

Haste & Crit do in fact have defensive value for Guardian Tanks. Haste reduces the cooldown on Mangle and Thrash, down to a CD of 4.5s. We actually aim for a Haste breakpoint of 11%/6% once we have our 4-Set depending on if we have 0 UE Relics (Ursocs Embrace extends the duration of our active mitigation) or 1 (2+ and we simply don't need the haste). Hitting this breakpoint effectively lets us have 2 stacks of mitigation on at all times- that means either 2 Ironfur at almost 100% uptime or Ironfur + Mark of Ursoc.

I have prioritized gearing towards the more survival-oriented Guardian build for the time being. I have tanked on a Guardian in a raid environment in various xpacs, but Legion will be one of the first where my gear doesn't mildly trivialize the content from the get-go. As such, I’m opting towards a safer & more conservative gearing variant for the time being (while still valuing things like Luffa’s and Thrash relics, as the DMG output from these things is not trivial). Our priorities shift to Agi>Crit>Versatility>Haste>Mastery as we transition towards minmaxing our DPS, but given that I’m coming in with a comparatively low ilvl I will be prioritizing defensive stats for the time being.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
Most of the research I do is aggregated from commentary & theorycrafting done in the Druid Discord “Dreamgrove”. In the past I have also taken & tested information from Guardian-centric websites like The Inconspicuous Bear, though such pages are sometimes out of date with many communities moving to the Discord. I often cross-reference what I learn from my fellow Druids with our Icy Veins class guide: we’re lucky in that unlike some classes, the guardian guide is often fairly up to date & tends to be very close to community consensus. Lastly, I have been pushing myself to be more proactive in reading raw data sources like WarcraftLogs. Assessing logs & what my peers have been doing from pure numbers has historically been a weakness I've had as a raider & it's one I am actively working at changing.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: http://i.imgur.com/L8ZvAG4.png
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.6GHz
Memory: 12GB RAM
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 760
My typical raid FPS is 40-50. In situations of heavy AoE with many (think 8+) mobs it can drop to around 30FPS.

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
Because I am dedicated to consistently improving & educating myself further about my class & spec. I've played Hunter for all of my raiding career with my druid as an alt, but I've found just by looking back over my playtime that I have never enjoyed a class so thoroughly or have wanted to master it in a raiding environment as much as I do guardian druids. That desire to master & succeed with my class, coupled with the years of raiding experience I've already accrued as a DPS, is why I believe that can be of value to Simple Math.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I chose Simple Math because SM has always been good to me as a friend-of-friend, and I miss being a part of a community of people who can banter while still being willing to work their asses off when necessary. The SM’ers I've played games with- be they retirees in League or folks I've met for the first time playing TTT, have all made me feel at home despite me really just being a random dude that Xiun & Superdeux dragged in. I've missed having people like that since my Mythic guild fell apart post-Siege. I’ve played with multiple guilds & helped friends’ guilds, but above all I've found that what drives me the most to succeed in a Mythic environment is the experience of trying, failing, and trying again with friends. Killing a boss for me isn't rewarding if I'm not sharing that victory with good, dedicated people. I already enjoy sharing those wins with SM’ers in games like League: if I can help Make SM Great Again & share victories with them in WoW, well, I'd be stupid not to at least try.

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
Speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6204971802
Pingtest: http://www.pingtest.net/result/160501956.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).
http://i.imgur.com/HS3JA84.png

Xaphus
User

Re: Stags - Guardian Druid

Postby Xaphus » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:30 pm

jesus christ that work of art.

Xiun
User

Postby Xiun » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Stag is one of the chillest, coolest people I know. Great attitude, open to learning, great communication, and a baller bear too. Definitely has what it takes, and more, to raid mythics.

Just please never play feral I BEG YOU

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:33 pm

We are reviewing your application and will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

panabufa
User

Postby panabufa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:52 pm

10/10 MS Paint

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Accepted, welcome! Please schedule your transfer at your soonest convenience.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”