Rancer
User

Rancer : Havoc Demon Hunter

Postby Rancer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 30, Just outside St. Louis, MO
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since the BC.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Up to date Heroic Guldan. Cleared Mythic EN. Didn't get to try Mythic TOV since the recent raid release was the focus.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Rancer, Demon Hunter

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... cer/simple

- Race & why you chose it: Blood Elf, (Demon Hunter doesn't allow too many choices.) I would picked BE anyway. I value the interrupt/resource.

- Professions and why you choose them: Alchemy/Herbing To make my own flasks and potions. Intentions were to make spirit cauldrons for raids.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Mainly Havoc but I open to tanking as needed. Mainly use off spec when I need to get something done personally. Main spec weapon trait is at 54 my off spec is just short of 35.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Since the recent patch I have prioritized Agi>Crit>Mastery>Haste/Vers but these priorities are always changing slightly with each piece of gear I get and due to the nature of this expansion of which legendary(s) you get. I use simulation craft after every new item and determine the best setup for the fight. As of right now I'm happy with my crit close to 40% with my 4 set. I feel like my haste is high but the sims say let is happen.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: ST: Pre pot-> Meta-> NEM/CB macro->Fury of the Illidari-> Fel blade on CD for maximum fury gen(unless full)-> Blade Dance/Death sweep on cd-> Dump fury with Chaos Strike/Annihilation.

Multiple targets: Maintain ST rotation due to the cleave that comes with it but also "Advantageously" include eyebeam, Fury of the Illidari, and prioritize blade dance around when the multiple targets are up.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Started off in Cubicle Commandos that later turned into Last Chapter. This expansion LC slowly passed away and I looked for progressing guild. We wipe on trash took me on their raids..the main raiders wanted to leave WWOT for drama reasons. I didn't care much just wanted to raid and followed. Ended up merging in with Golden Gods into Last Pull. I had to take a week and a half off due to an infection in my jaw. All is well now, but it seems that the LP raid leader Ninja transferred and I guess people are not showing up any more.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
UI Raid Screen Shot.jpg
UI Screenshot

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 95/latest/

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
Well its a progressed guild that I can possibly share in downing new content at a higher level of play. I don't think I know anyone currently in guild. I'm not fresh with who all is in it yet. I will check the roster. Seems like there is a lot of guilds shifting/losing and gaining players at the moment. That "Mid expansion reorganization". I don't think you guys are hard to find really. Can always find Dippindotts in a chat. Trade/Genreal

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Asus z97 Chipset LPC Contorller
i7-4790K CPU 4.0 (not overclocked)
16 GB Ram
NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti
Anywhere in between 45-74 FPS in raid. Depends on how bedazzled the fight is. Seems to always run smooth though.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6086184429

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
MS Paint for App - Copy.png

Dippindots
User

Re: Rancer : Havoc Demon Hunter

Postby Dippindots » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:45 pm

How do you go about maximizing your damage? How well do you take to criticism? We are trying to maintain a hardcore raiding atmosphere while also having fun. This means people need to be able to maintain whats best for their spec/class.

Rancer
User

Postby Rancer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:10 am

I get the constructive criticism. I've never gotten upset with someone trying to help me perform better. I watch videos and look through logs of the more progressed guilds and see what I can to make myself better. See what their demon hunters are doing differently from myself. I don't think I'll have much of a problem with any of that.

Tasset
User

Postby Tasset » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:44 am

When were you in LC? I used to be a member of that guild in Blackrock Foundry and during the early days of HFC before they stopped raiding the first time. I don't quite remember who was in the guild when I was there. So maybe we were there together.

Rancer
User

Postby Rancer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:53 am

No I fell off on Warlords. The expansion didn't interest me much. I played my mage, Ranciage, before that for MOP. This expansion got my interest back and of course played the new class. Your name rings a bell though. I logged in and leveled and made gold but that's about it for that expac.

Tasset
User

Postby Tasset » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:45 am

Your mage's name does sound familiar. I remember seeing you online every now and then during WoD.

mouthwash
User

Postby mouthwash » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:07 am

Yo whats up man I am the resident Demon Hunter, everything looks good with what you posted about your rotation and priorities, but I just wanted to get your feelings on CoF/delusions of grandeur. I was debating it with some other Demon Hunters the other day because I dont really think it is that good and that actually prydaz/symbiote is way better. I just wanted your take on it since I dont really have any rotation/stat questions to ask.

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:52 pm

Will you be available for an interview today, 27 Feb around 730-800ish pm est. I will have our mumble information messaged to you. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thank you

Rancer
User

Postby Rancer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:24 pm

@Mouthwash,

I wish I had symbiote to begin with. Honestly, I think CoF/delusions will carry well on the mythic fights. The longer the fight the better. The combo almost lines up Meta with your 2 min cds so I assume Annihilation damage will be in the top 3 on those type of fights with much bigger output. The sims say its great, but I think it's all depending on how fast your guild is taking the boss down. I wonder what the cd reduction will put you at with just the shoulders and a shadow relic for meta cd reduction. I really want to like CoF, but its hard to look at because its only bringing one thing to the table and you pretty much have to go all or nothing with that particular build. As for symbiote I feel like that's the parse king of the legendarys. Again, I think it's value will scale with how quickly you can bring down the boss. For longer fights I've enjoyed the Anger ring. The sustain you get in between your 2 min cds with the current 4 set is noticeable. Prydaz is Prydaz...going to be hard to give up those stats. Will be a must once we are able to equip 3.

@Raynorxx

Providing work does not interrupt me today that should be fine.

mouthwash
User

Postby mouthwash » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:16 pm

Rancer wrote:@Mouthwash,

I wish I had symbiote to begin with. Honestly, I think CoF/delusions will carry well on the mythic fights. The longer the fight the better. The combo almost lines up Meta with your 2 min cds so I assume Annihilation damage will be in the top 3 on those type of fights with much bigger output. The sims say its great, but I think it's all depending on how fast your guild is taking the boss down. I wonder what the cd reduction will put you at with just the shoulders and a shadow relic for meta cd reduction. I really want to like CoF, but its hard to look at because its only bringing one thing to the table and you pretty much have to go all or nothing with that particular build. As for symbiote I feel like that's the parse king of the legendarys. Again, I think it's value will scale with how quickly you can bring down the boss. For longer fights I've enjoyed the Anger ring. The sustain you get in between your 2 min cds with the current 4 set is noticeable. Prydaz is Prydaz...going to be hard to give up those stats. Will be a must once we are able to equip 3.

When it comes to the combo what I have live so far are 2 meta relics and a 900 CoF which put me at about 40 seconds left on meta when CB/Nem #2 comes. I think the shoulders should reduce around ~40 seconds just by themselves. Most logs are showing around ~1500 fury gen per 2min, so if we take into account lost globals and felblades it should be around 40 seconds. The thing that I am afraid of is that we are sacrificing a secondary proc trinket or stat stick, as well as symbiote/prydaz for the extra metas, so all of our metas will generally just be weaker overall. I do agree with you that the build just sucks that it is all or nothing though, I just wish someone had some better numbers on it but because of that all or nothing nature not alot of people have it.

Also, I was jealous as hell when i saw you got the ring. That ring is killing me right now, I have to run KJC and symbiote, since my other two are Raddons and the chest. Anyway, thanks for your perspective and hopefully the trial interview goes well.

Rickles
User

Postby Rickles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:58 pm

that mspaint is awesome

Rancer
User

Postby Rancer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:34 pm

T-shirt quality?

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”