Baddies
maikulqt
User

Maikul - DPS DK

Postby maikulqt » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:21 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 19
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? My account is too shitty for anyone to want it. JK, I can put one on my phone at any time. Just haven't taken the time to.
- How long have you played WoW: Shortly before ulduar's release
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
The only real previous progression that I consider to be worth something was when I played on my old account/DK in a guild called Exalted on Runetotem, I played a DK under the name Qt. I was 13/13H 10man in SOO, All CM's completed on Gold, and then in the beginning of WoD I was 6/7M in HM (With a couple P4 attempts on Imperator) I missed the kill night due to waning interest in the game and just being out right absent for it. I could have been there, but I wasn't, purely my fault and I want to be as honest as possible in this app. I also got all golds in CMs in the 2nd week or so of the Xpac, something that I think brought me the most joy in completing in that disaster of an xpac. I sold my account and wasn't able to get it back when I came back to the game due to whoever bought it got it banned for botting, so rip that account. If you're skeptical about this please contact - Hazin in AK (My former raid leader), or Nittoh (our Arms Warrior, Later Hpally) in Fast Forward, you used to be able to contact Tyrii in Availed and Kumad in Big Dumb Guild as well but both of those two have quit due to not being able to handle the M+ aspect of this xpac. So those two are the only ones left that I keep in contact with.

This xpac I achieve 7/7M 2/3M, with a wipe at 18% being my best.
Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Maikul DK
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... l/advanced
- Race & why you chose it: Blood Elf - Extra 1% Crit and Arcane Torrent provides a Immediate Frost Strike if needed, also is great in M+. Above all else, looks cute.
- Professions and why you choose them: Current Professions are Enchanting/Inscription. Professions stopped mattering at all about 2 weeks into this xpac with the way you can switch into them. The enchanting is to make a little bit of gold off DE'ing all my useless epics. Inscription so I can make my own Vantus Runes and Tomes.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Currently, Machine Gun Frost, with tomes in bag to Switch to BoS when I'm able to play it optimally in a fight. I'm also incredibly capable of playing Unholy. I also play blood to farm my M+'s faster and have prior 3 tank raid experience.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): My current gear is compromsied of pretty much the best that I have. For Frost there's the basic stat priority of 20% Haste > 25%Crit > 8% Vers. And then with sims haste becomes my most weighted stat at that point. From what research I've done into BoS it seems to fall more in line with 20% Haste > Crit up to and around 30% > Haste/Vers > Mastery period. It's been a while since I played unholy (my first cenarius kill) But at the time it Was Crit > Haste > Mastery > Vers. With my bracers, and from the patch notes I'd guess it'd be Mastery > Haste > Crit > Vers. I don't see myself ever playing unholy again, as frost will probably always be superior at this point, but if something drastic happened I would play it. As for blood, I don't play it at a serious enough level to really gear around it, I know it's Haste>Vers>Crit>Mastery.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Well, with frost there's only two viable play styles, Machinegun and Breath, both of which I'll play based on the encounter. Machinegun, at a basic level (Me taking obliteration) would just be Keep Icy Talons at 3 stacks > Oblit if KM proc > HB with Rime > Oblit the rest of your runes away. As well as using Obliteration correctly on CD (FS-Oblit-FS-Oblit-FS-Oblit etc) Popping PoF on CD for the most part (Unless I'm going to be running around shortly and not make use of it) and Using Sindragosa basically off CD, when aligned with PoF and Unholy Strength.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I'm currently looking for a guild after trialing with CryHavoc. My trial didn't pass because I accidentally slept one hour over raid time, (I'm pretty furious I let myself do that, because I enjoyed the raids,I can assure you this will never, ever happen again.) However the guild seemed pretty clique-ish and the GM was very partial to multiple members, I'm not here to bash them so if you'd like for me to elaborate on this please PM me. Prior to this I left my previous guild MLFA because of an overall switch in mood and social atmosphere, making the raiding incredibly less fun. One of our healers was promoted to officer and began a mass recruitment process that I feel lead to the downfall of the guild. Before, prior coming into the guild being a good social fit was a big part of it, and this felt like it had been completely thrown to the wayside. As well as the fact that a lot of the new recruits were downgrades. Overall it just became a vicious cycle that lead to me being constantly upset with the guild and it's direction. The guild felt toxic, I became toxic, etc etc. From what I understand a few more of our members from Emerald Nightmare that are left are in the same state of mind and frustration that I am, and I know of at least two that are going to be leaving as well. I think by the time Nighthold rolls around there will be a grand total of 4-5 of the guys who were there for EN left. With 3 of those being the officers. Pretty sad because I really enjoyed the guild when it was at it's social peak, it was really fun, even if I was getting made fun of for something.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID): - Don't know why it looks so blurry, but theres me pressing 3 buttons in xavius lfr
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 399267/10/ (This is probably the best place to look at my performance as they're not all helya progression and the one recorded Guarm kill I managed to get while on this server.)
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Wowprogress recruitment section for DKs
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? i5-6600, 8gb DDR4, Asus Strix 1070, 80fps or higher in raid.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5956770855yy
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

- I literally cant stop thinking of the dumbest way I'll ever fail a trial.

maikulqt
User

Re: Maikul - DPS DK

Postby maikulqt » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:31 am

Forgot to include playstyle for BoS build. BoS pretty much comes down to me building up to max RP at the beginning of the fight then popping BoS, from that point I just maintain it as long as possible, by using runes to keep rp capped/healthy, and popping ERW and Horn when needed to gain RP/runes to spend into RP. CD's like PoF are popped before BoS use and used normally as soon as it's off CD. Sindy will be used early for RP gain when it aligns with PoF and FC, unless I'm saving it for a certain part of the fight. Prior to patch I could hold it for around a minute on a training dummy without any of the buffs to ERW and Horn.

Rickles
User

Postby Rickles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:14 am

everything seems pretty good, did you start this expansion raiding as frost?

Rickles
User

Postby Rickles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:59 pm

You said - I don't see myself ever playing unholy again, as frost will probably always be superior at this point, but if something drastic happened I would play it.

Unholy is very strong right now with the new CS mastery build, and with the 4pc tier set/draught of souls trink itll be even stronger as the damage on draught of souls scales with our mastery, and overall i think will be better then frost in nighthold.
I think you mentioned you have the bracers? Even with the new mastery>haste CS build the bracers are still BIS for unholy
I've personally stuck with unholy all expac (mainly because i got the bracers first) and kept my frost weapon up there in case but with the changes to unholy i believe itll be overall better in the end for nighthold. Frost is pretty simple to play and forgiving with mistakes. I guess what im asking is how comfortable are you with unholy if you had to switch, how far behind is your weapon compared to frost? Also can you give a quick explanation of the unholy rotation? CS mastery build and castigator build?
Which legendaries do you currently have?
You know your frost though thats for sure

maikulqt
User

Postby maikulqt » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:21 pm

No, I actually started the xpac as unholy, and really loved it even with all the rng, personally I think I'm just as good at unholy if not better, the wound system is very natural to me. One week for some reason though I got enough relics to automatically put my frost weapon at 907 at the time when my unholy weapon was 897, there was a lack of unholy relics that dropped. I switched to frost right after we killed cenarius mythic, grinded a empty frost weapon to around 27 by the time we went back into kill xavius and played it from that point forward. My unholy weapon has been at rank 30 since I killed Cenarius (Don't remember what AK I was at from that point but I definitely put in work.) The legendaries I have are Back, Unholy Bracers, and Frost Belt (Immediately allowing me a shoo-in to play BoS). Personally I disagree that frost is forgiving with mistakes, with BoS I disagree quite a bit, having 40%+ uptime on a fight will be necessary to keep myself relevant, and making a mistake could be the difference between a 50 second BoS and a 1 minute 20second BoS. Looking into the new unholy mastery build, the only real differences I can make from start of the xpac/no bracers unholy, outside of possibly taking defiled are the fact that you would use CS to pop wounds until 1 wound is on the target. I might be getting shit information, but I would think that you would stop at 2 at the very minimum with bracers, I don't know how nerfed the proc rate is though. Other than that it's really simple at a basic ST level, FS in opener to get 6+ wounds, SR into Apoc, FS to 4+ Wounds, CS > DC. I have 9 Coins with me for the first week of NH, So, based on what I see from other DKs performance I might coin for unholy relics if I think the spec will be what you're making it out to be.

Rickles
User

Postby Rickles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:57 pm

you are very right on bos of not being forgiving, i was mostly referring to the machinegun spec which can hurt also if your letting IT fall off too much. Unholy is simming and doing well in raids right now, i think for the most part both specs will be viable in raid as it was before patch. Theres nothing wrong with staying frost either even if unholy ends up being slightly ahead or behind. Just was curious on what your opinion on it was with the new patch and having the bracers if unholy ended up ahead but not drastically. well i think you know the class quite well. as long as you are not someone who dies every pull like me, id say thumbs up on the app.

Rickles
User

Postby Rickles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:11 pm

is it possible to see more of your logs?

maikulqt
User

Postby maikulqt » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:21 pm

That, and what I have on this server (Guarm and Helya attempts) are all I have, so if you've looked at those then that's about it.

maikulqt
User

Postby maikulqt » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:22 pm

I did some heroic and normal ENs on this server, but just random pugs in LFG where I could half play and hope for a new legendary.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”