User

Corvüs Fury Warrior

Postby Vaedrex » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:51 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 20, Florida
- Number of Testicles: 2 last I checked
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since Alpha Testing
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Mythic: Nyth, Ele, Ursoc, Dragons, Heroic: All ToV & EN

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Corvüs, Fury Warrior
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... BCs/simple
- Race & why you chose it: Draenei, because of Race buff and Passives
- Professions and why you choose them: Herbalism to help guild farm for mats and Enchanting so the guild doesn't have to pay an enchanter.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Main spec is Fury, occasionally I will tank dungeons or raids but only as a last resort
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Haste/Mastery because Haste increases rage generation and Raging Blow up time, Mastery for increased damage while berserked.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Normal opening rotation is: Avatar, Charge, Dragon's Roar, Battle Cry, Bloodthirst, Raging Blow, Odyn's Fury, Bloodthirst or Rampage from here my rotation changes based on procs, but I prioritize Raging Blow above all other abilities, then Bloodthirst, Wild Slash as filler, Dragon's Roar off CD, from there it is lining up Avatar, Battle Cry, and Odyn's Fury with boss mechs or with each other to maximize damage output.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: A lack of attendance and in fighting over petty issues.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 99/latest/
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Looking for a more serious raiding guild. A friend recently moved into your guild and had peaked my interest on how you guys run things.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of ... fications/ (I use it as a tower basically) My typical FPS is typically around 40 on High settings.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5938775957
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Raynorxx
User

Re: Corvüs Fury Warrior

Postby Raynorxx » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:51 pm

What is your AK and how many traits do you have in your weapons.

Why Fury over Arms? Arms is (arguably) the best spec in EN/ToV. Also heading into NH, Arms (IMO) will still outpace Fury due to a few things in NH.

Rotation: Why do you avatar for Dragon Roar? Why do you avatar before you Charge/as you are charging? Why is raging blow so high on priority? What is Wild Slash?

What do you think of the upcoming Fury changes? How will it affect the rotation and stat priority? What do you think about the upcoming Arms changes?

Where do you research info on your class?

Who is your friend in the guild?

Vaedrex
User

Postby Vaedrex » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:35 pm

My AK is 25, I have 46 traits in Fury, 25 in Prot, and 31 in Arms

I chose Fury over arms before I looked up which is better but besides that I chose Fury over Arms because I wanted to prove that it could have some viability when everyone said it was total trash.

I Avatar not so much for Dragon's Roar but more the fact that I can Avatar then Dragon's Roar and have both of the Dam % increases on Raging Blow and/or Execute procs/Rampage. I Avatar as I am charging so that my full opening burst benefits from the damage increase and with the fury trait "Odyn's Champion" (with my leg ring and Massacre) I can shorten the CD of Avatar by a good bit. Raging Blow is so high on priority because it basically deals 40% of a Fury warrior's damage (this is why haste is so important). When I said Wild Slash I meant Furious Slash (Was thinking of the Fury trait) it is an ability that deals mediocre damage but increases the crit chance of my next BloodThirst by 15% (up to 90%) which helps maintaining Enrage uptime.

I'm indifferent to them, there aren't many at all, but in the event I didn't like them I would just adapt to them and accept it, not much would change by complaining about it. I also doubt the stat priority will change much for Fury warriors, although there will be less of an importance on Haste and Mastery due to the stat squish (but they will still be Fury's main stats). I haven't given them much thought, but outside of PvP changed and the nerf to the Legendary that there will be much change for Arms Warriors in PvE.

I use a variety of forums, WoWhead (they are good patch notes synopsis), Icy Veins (For a rough comparison of Stat Weights, Pawn is also used for this), MMO-Champion occasionally (they've got some knowledgeable threads, and then of course other's Logs to compare what I am doing to better warriors so that I can see where to improve.

Restofari

Oneshot
User

Postby Oneshot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:08 am

Would you be available to chat around 6:30 est Tomorrow?

Vaedrex
User

Postby Vaedrex » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 am

Absolutely, my B-tag is attached, but incase it's Vaedrex#1796

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”