Clonex - Vengeance Demon Hunter

Postby Cslcollins » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 24, Ohio
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Ten Years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Every ounce of content up until the current tier. Currently have done 3/7M EN and 3/3 ToV

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Clonex - Vengeance Demon Hunter
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/A ... x/advanced
- Race & why you chose it: Blood Elf, reauired.
- Professions and why you choose them: Enchanting and Herbalism for gold. Was 800 Skinning/LW first week of Legion, and dropped them both.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Vengeance main spec, Havoc Off-Spec. I enjoy Havoc and feel fairly skilled at it, but tanking has been my mandatory role since I began tanking in BC.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Vengeance in it's current form thankfully isn't too stat dependent, considering none of our stats are really at the level currently to be game-breaking. I don't currently have the itemization that I'd prefer, but I lately have been leaning on a more defensive build, because I'm in a guild with mostly friends, and they're not very good, so I don't get to chase damage parses, and instead stack mostly mastery/vers for survivability. I'd much prefer to run more of a Crit/Haste build with confident healers, such as Demi #Icanhealanythingjustpullit
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Tanking is tanking, so the names of the abilities seem obligatory. I roll cooldowns as necessary as seem fit, try my best to save soul fragments to allow capital use of them, rather than burning through soul cleaves at high HP, and not having them when I need them and spam shear for felblade procs so that I can actually do damage. One thing that I tend to do that I don't notice other DH's do, is I will pop Immolation aura with my pre-pot (assuming I won't need it within the first 10 seconds of the fight) to be able to pull with demon spikes already applied... this error is why most healers think DH's suck... because they are squishy when their buttons aren't pressed... so I like to start the fight with some already pressed to avoid the early spikes.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Currently in a friends and family guild called Heavy Breathing where I've been haphazardly leading us to moderate victory. We consist of 3 or 4 good players and two handfuls of piss poor ones. Some of my skilled friends are moving their mains to better guilds and maintaining alts with Heavy Breathing, so I've decided to do the same. Prior to Legion I was a Brewmaster Monk Clonex of Sargeras with a team called "Dinosaur Cowboys throughout HFC which I left to go "casual" with my friends hordeside in Heavy Breathing. WoD was a sketchy expansion guild-wise. I co-found Surprise Mutiny with the demise of Blood Legion to try and be competitive on a 6 hour schedule, but we wound up just calling it quits a few weeks into HFC progression. Throughout my career I've dropped high ranked kills including a world/US first here and there, but would rather be tried for my abilities now in my current spec and class. I have an elitist mindset without an elitist attitude, and want to earn a place with new friends.
Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID): I don't run my damage meter or timers in LFR. This was an LFR queue I did for the screenshot.
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tPQVf9xmq6ZJpXbD As stated previously, I don't get to chase damage... if "Tank Survivability" still existed, I'd have something to brag about.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I'm friends with Demi and Dippin, and have gained some free time at night, so I've decided to get back to the grind and put a halt to my temporary casual plebness.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
6700k. 16gb, GTX 1070. Benched at 60.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5795599578
http://www.pingtest.net/result/154939471.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

Deminaela
User

Re: Clonex - Vengeance Demon Hunter

Postby Deminaela » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:54 pm

with confident healers, such as Demi #Icanhealanythingjustpullit

You bet ;P Also, nice meme

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:58 pm

So in a scenario where the guild has 3 tanks and most fights are 2 tank bosses, are you comfortable(happy) to play dps or be on the bench 1/3rd of the time or is that an issue?

Whats your thoughts on treating an under performing dps(dying or low damage on multiple attempts).
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Cslcollins
User

Postby Cslcollins » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm comfortable with Havoc, I just never get to play it. I actually quite enjoy Havoc, although my heart is in tanking.

There are an infinite number of variables that could effect this answer, but the optimal route would be to address the issue and provide some constructive criticism/advice on how to better perform, and if the content is just simply outside of the player's capabilities and their lack of ability to improve has become apparent, it'd likely be ideal to find a replacement... unless it's a mechanical difference between what the boss does and how the player's class can handle it. Some fights are just bad for certain classes, but I'm assuming the question is addressing somebody who is consistently under-performing. There are competitive guilds and there are non-competitive/casual guilds. A competitive guild requires a competitive mindset which bleeds as a competitive playstyle.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”