Deminaela - 843 Holy Paladin

Postby Deminaela » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:10 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 18, Indiana
- Number of Testicles: 2 chesticles
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?: Yes
- How long have you played WoW: 9 years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Cata: (random guild of friends, nothing serious)
DS - 5/8N

MoP:
ToES - 4/4N
MSV - 6/6N
HoF - 6/6N
SoO- 10/14H

WoD:
HM - 6/7H
BRF - 7/10M
HFC - 13/13M

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Deminaela, Paladin
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... ela/simple
- Race & why you chose it: Blood Elf, because I didn't want to be a furry. That ain't my jam.
- Professions and why you choose them: Blacksmithing and Mining. I picked these to provide armor and weapons for myself and to the raiders on my team.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Holy/Ret/Prot: I haven't touched Prot yet, but I do have some gear for my Ret (not 100% complete with proper stats) and my Ashbringer is currently 862 for Ret.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Holy: Crit>Mastery>Versatility>Haste - 30%/40% crit, 20% Mastery, 15%/20% Versatility
Ret: Haste>Crit>Mastery>Versatility
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: To start a fight, I will put my beacon on the tank who often takes the most damage, and will occasionally swap them back and forth depending on the fights and if one tank is going to be taking a high sustained amount of damage. I will use Avenging Wrath whenever I know there will be a high amount of healing needed, along with my Aura Mastery. For healing abilities, I mainly use Light of the Martyr (occasionally Flash of Light when getting Infusion of Light procs) as it is a very low mana cost and does slightly more healing then Holy Light/Flash of Light. I will use Light of Dawn and Holy Shock on CD. I also throw in some Judgments as this reduces the damage I take by 10% and it works with Light of the Martyr damage taken.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Alpha Imperia - I was a part of Alpha Imperia during MSV, HoF, ToES, SoO, HM, and BRF. I played a Resto/Enhance Shaman with them, and subbed in as a Prot Paladin during SoO. I split from them because I did not like the way we weren’t progressing well anymore, and it wasn't competitive enough for me.
Duplicity - After them I went to a guild called Duplicity for only a few months during BRF. I left this guild because I was offered a trail to a horde guild and they had better times for me and seemed to fit my wants of a better raid, Seraph.
Seraph - Seraph is my current guild, and they aren't doing well enough for my liking anymore. They seem to be not very consistent with their raiding skills, and the leaders don't remove, discipline, or even try to talk to the players who make mistakes time and time again. This is one downfall and hinders us greatly in content and I fear that in Legion the same will happen. They also don’t raid as much as I would like, at only 6 hours a week and I'm seeking something more competitive.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID): Image
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
Wod: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=hps
Legion Beta:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TVDzyNFt3G4AQkhf
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/F7wB9V8qyKCv1jLJ
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wQZxVT7cj6m8MY3G#
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Gkyxdr3WVQqJbj82#
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Because I don't know complicated math. I found you on Wowprogress, and I do not know anyone in Simple Math.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Intel i7, 8 gb ram, HD Radeon 6900
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5648709013
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below. Image

Clinically
User

Re: Deminaela - 843 Holy Paladin

Postby Clinically » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Okay so I have a question for you. You said for Holy you do Crit>mastery>vers>haste, why? I looked it up and saw stat choice was crit>vers>mastery>haste, but our current Hpally does Crit>haste. With your mastery being changed you can't possibly be close to everyone all the time wouldn't you want to get your gcd down and get your casts off faster?

Deminaela
User

Postby Deminaela » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:42 pm

Clinically wrote:Okay so I have a question for you. You said for Holy you do Crit>mastery>vers>haste, why? I looked it up and saw stat choice was crit>vers>mastery>haste, but our current Hpally does Crit>haste. With your mastery being changed you can't possibly be close to everyone all the time wouldn't you want to get your gcd down and get your casts off faster?

Well with our talent choices for the last tier, it makes our beacon sort of like another copy us (and none of the other choices seem viable in raid situations). Healing them and anyone around them is as if I'm standing next to them, and then we have a two charge ability with a short CD that will increase the range for the proximity healing that we do. The reason I have Mastery over Versatility is more because I feel Versatility is not necessarily 100% needed with the talent choices above, but would be a plus to have the extra healing not based on proximity. The only benefit from Haste is reducing the CD for Light of Dawn currently, as you don't really cast spells and just use instant casts like LoD, HS, LotM and it's the only occasional Flash of Light. Once the tier comes and we get tier sets, I think the rotation and priority abilities will change slightly.

Clinically
User

Postby Clinically » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:08 pm

On that note, I believe all but 1-2 fights in TEN are spread out fights, how would you heal those based on your stat priority chosen if you can't stand in melee?

Deminaela
User

Postby Deminaela » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Well it is about 10 yards that the healing starts to diminish, so if us ranged are spread out I could always inch around to heal other ranged, or use my Rule of Law. Also, if I cannot reach melee it doesn't matter because my beacon would be on a tank, and it would act as if I were standing in melee.

Darenia
User

Postby Darenia » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:39 am

Unless its been changed - I believe HS is still affected by haste. And now that they kinda expect us to be dpsing (at least somewhat) haste will also affect CS and Con.

Although from what ive seen crit > mastery = vert > haste is the way most ppl are suggesting to go. What im trying is a lil bit different. But after i hit the haste cap I want to hit ( im thinking 20%) i will probably pick up vert pieces but i havent totally decided yet.

I cant see your artifact relics - what are they? Mostly for curiosity.

Overall the app to me looks solid and it would be interesting to have another pally to play with.
Eon: well... I was insinuating your other bunny >.> you know... sexual innuendo?
Darenia: OHH...i got a Hitachi. DONT NEED THE RABBIT ANYMORE.
Eon: arent those the really old virtual pets from the 90s?

Deminaela
User

Postby Deminaela » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:34 pm

I see what you mean, I forgot about HS being affected by haste. Currently with 14% haste my HS is at 7.91 seconds. My relics right now revolve around my Light of Dawn, 2 of them increasing healing for Light of Dawn and one increasing the chance for it to be usable again for free. I am looking for a HS/HL FL relic.

Stormingire
User

Postby Stormingire » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:20 pm

Are you available to talk tomorrow night?

Deminaela
User

Postby Deminaela » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:36 am

I am available to talk tomorrow. What time are you thinking?

Stormingire
User

Postby Stormingire » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:22 am

How does 6:30 est sound?

Deminaela
User

Postby Deminaela » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:29 am

Sounds good.

Stormingire
User