- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes I do
- How long have you played WoW: ~ 8 years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Casual heroic raiding in DS and ToT
14/14 H 25m in SoO pre ilvl buff
3/7 M HM pre BRF (7/7 post BRF) Currently 7/10 M, with maidens XP

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Xiun - Mage
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... n/advanced

- Race & why you chose it: Troll – Sims the highest for mages and is also my favorite race - All the mage races are very close on sims though.

- Professions and why you choose them: Eng/enchanting – WoD made professions largely irrelevant for in-combat raiding, but I keep Engineering for out of combat needs, and enchanting to provide myself and guildies with enchanting needs/mats

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Fire/Arcane. I play both equally as both are played extensively in BRF. I played frost exclusively in HM, but haven’t used it much beyond CMs since then.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):

For both specs I stack mastery as my primary stat. Arcane, because it directly increases the damage of all my spells the higher my mana is, and fire, as it increases the damage of my ignite (and thus, combustion) which helps immensely in AoE situations (which is when I play fire).

After, I aim for crit. It benefits fire in allowing more consistent pyro procs and ignite building for combustions, and it isn’t an awful stat for arcane either (who doesn’t like things to crit more?).

After I aim for haste, as getting more casts out/faster ticking ignites will increase my damage. I go for at least 900 (unbuffed) haste as fire, as it allows me getting off an extra pyro during my 4-P proc as it lowers my GCD enough.

I do use simcraft to look at my character’s stat weights for individual situations (patchwork. Movement, 1-3 targets etc) to see what my true priorities are, as things after mastery and crit will shift around.

I avoid versatility like the plague, as it doesn’t interact with my specs.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:

Arcane:

On pull/burn: Pot and begin to cast AB at 2 sec on pull timer. Ab to 4 AC stacks, AP, crystal and Double Super nova. Spam AB into crystal, AM if mana is below 93% mana. PoM AB when crystal is about to run out. Stop AMing if too many procs/Mana stays too high for too long a time, to keep AP and evo CDs from becoming too separated. Once mana hits 50% from AB spam, Evocate up to full mana.

For conserve, keep mana high without capping at 100% mana, as it is wasted DPS, trying to never go below the 85-87% range of mana. AM when mana is below 93% to help recover mana and to get more Abs at 4 AC up. When mana gets too low, barrage off your stacks and begin building to 4 again. Save AM procs as you are building up to 4 AC, but if 3 stacks of missiles, use one to build a charge so you do not waste/ overwrite procs.

SN should be used at high mana (to fully benefit from arcane’s mastery), and if the talent is selected, 5 stacks of IF.

Fire:

Clench my butthole and pray to RNGesus

3 sec before pull, Pot and begin casting pyroblast. Cast fireball till heating up procs, IB at the end of a fireball cast to turn into a pyro proc. Fireball more for a HU proc. Once you have HU/Pyro, cast fireball then pyro as many times as crits allow. If enough crits/high enough ignite, combustion. If there are multiple targets, Double IB the ignite to an off target (as it gives a higher ignite) then combust the larger ignite, then spread combustion back onto the main target with IB. I never combust below a 10k ignite, but try to aim for higher ignites (around 20k-30k, depending n procs and IB spread). I will not hold combustion for long periods of time waiting for perfect ignites, as that ends up being lower damage overall.

For sustained damage, Cast fireball till HU procs, then IB at the end of a fireball to turn it into pyro. When you have HU/Pyro, cast fireball then cast pyro at the end, as this gives you double the chance of turning your current HU into a pyro proc. If you just have a single pyro proc, hold it until you get a HU, then fireball/pyro for the double chance again.

When large packs of quickly dying adds spawn (like on darmac/op) time it so your LB is about to run out as they get to the boss, spread the low LB to the targets (LB’s duration is spread as well) and all the bombs will explode. Reapply and spread a fresh LB and the LB’s will explode a second time when the adds die. This helps tremendously in not only cleaving down the adds, but adding a massive amount of ST damage to the boss/burst target. During sustained damage if you get high ignites, those are worth spreading as well.

The only time during sustained DPS where I spam pyros is when 4-p procs.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Skill issue – The re-form of my guild from SoO. Was meant to be a hard-core guild, but the general attitude of the raid group was very much casual. After frustrating progression, we decided to call it quits on trying to be a hard core mythic guild and our GM quit leading. I wanted to keep doing hardcore mythic raiding so I parted ways with the guild right before BRF released.

Fused- I joined fused right as BRF released, and stayed with them for about a month. The attitude of the officer core was extremely volatile and harsh on it’s raiders, while having very slow, or non existent progress while I was around. While I do not mind aggressive attitudes while raiding, the officer core often directed it in areas that were unrelated to the problems of progression. I shared my concerns with an officer while I was there, and they agreed that things weren’t being handled properly. It was then I decided I should look for another opportunity.

Uprising or Whatever / Toxic- I was invited to join UoW (Now toxic) when they were a newly formed guild about to start with mythics. I enjoyed the guild atmosphere and raiding very much, and got my progression in BRF as well as an IMP kill with them. After a while though, it seems that it’s not quite a right fit for me and the guild. I have spoken with the GM though, and he has encouraged me to look for a guild that is a right fit.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
http://i.imgur.com/E3SOV3B.jpg

Weak Auras:

http://i.imgur.com/H8kTve8.jpg

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... est#boss=0
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... est#boss=0

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?

Since I’ve started raiding, I’ve always been on the edge of serious raiding, and want go into a guild of like-minded players who hold progression to the same level of dedication as I do. I have spent a lot of time bettering myself, seeking help when I need it, and honing my skills all to become a more progressed player. Watching Dance’s stream, and hearing both Dance and May speak of the guild, I feel like it would be a perfect home for me, where people hold the same ideals of improvement and progression as I do.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

GPU: Radeon HD 7970 3GB
CPU: AMD A10-5800k Quad-Core 3.8GHz
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB

I get around 30-40 FPS during raid at high settings, so if there is ever any lag, I can turn down non-essentials (like shadows) to up performance.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.

http://www.pingtest.net/result/121162980.png

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4285299874

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

Tea Time with Tectus
http://i.imgur.com/AbX2ACF.png

Valkk
User

Re: Xiun - 693 Mage

Postby Valkk » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:14 pm

10/10 ms paint, im straight ouf ot batteblock theater. ,me and majix best bros for life

Xiun
User

Postby Xiun » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:15 am

Rithik
User

Postby Rithik » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:16 am

Valkk wrote:10/10 ms paint

merk
User

Postby merk » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:14 pm

Looks pretty good from what I can tell. Are you available to talk on mumble at or possibly a bit before raid (7 est)?

Xiun
User

Postby Xiun » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:03 pm

I will be on and free at that time! See you then.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Sounds good. Look for myself or just ask Dance to get a hold of me.
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:15 pm

Rithik wrote:
Valkk wrote:10/10 ms paint

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”