Baddies
Leafy
User

Doppelganger - Healing Priest

Postby Leafy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:48 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 27, Arizona
- Number of Testicles: 2 or less.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Nope, seemed gimmicky. Then people had issues with them. Then they had security breaches with them. As long as I stay smart I don't see a piece of plastic or an APP protecting my account more than common sense and the right computer security.
- How long have you played WoW: 2005-2006, I don't remember.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I have experience and defeated every boss in every difficulty up to Cataclysm(when I stopped playing)--except clearing Naxx in Vanilla, and started back in MoP. Including several feats such as server first 3D, ZA Bear runs, Algalon 10, Tribute to Insanity, Delver of the Vaults, 16/16H, 8/12H ToT, 1/14M up until some personal/guild drama pulled me away from the game, but I came back and finished MoP with 14/14M. Currently, I am 6/7 1/7 on my Priest and Warrior.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Doppelganger - Priest
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ursin/Doppelganger/advanced
- Race & why you chose it: It was the only option available. Blood elves were the one of the best raiding classes when I made my priest. High mana pools, and mana regen from mana tap/arcane torrent. Doesn't really matter as much now.
- Professions and why you choose them: Enchanting / Tailoring, something that has stuck with me on all my cloth classes.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I heal with both specs. I have about the same amount of time playing with both specs over the years.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Currently I am gemmed, and optimized for holy. I recently changed some enchants to critical strike for some discipline play. With the current gear and the stat distribution the only thing to do is to aim for priority stats. Break points, and soft caps will come later as you start to min/max renew ticks and so forth. Currently Mastery/Multistrike for Holy, and Crit/Mastery for Discipline.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: For Discipline, Clarity of Will as often as I can on Tanks or people soaking damage. Shields on people before incoming damage. Prayer of Mending as often as I can. Cascade on cooldown during raid damage. During this entire time I weave in Holy Fire(Solace depending on fight), Smites, and Penance to allow me to 5 stack Archangel. Heal will be used in place of shields and flash heal during low damage points, unless Clarity of Will has a bigger benefits with random bursts of damage, and as a spot heal.

For Holy, its a bit more complex as you need to Chakra dance and work with keeping Renew going with Serenity. Typically I will be constantly using Renew(for raid healing), Heal will be used most of the time, Mending on CD during sustained raid damage, Circle of Healing when needed, Shields will be used sparingly and only when all instant heals are on CD and there is no discipline priest in the raid, and Guardian Spirit/Divine Hymn as needed.
Chakra dancing works when switching between Sanctuary to get AoE heals out, and switching back to use free heals with Serenity(hopefully before renew wears off, but not required).
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://imgur.com/1IhuylY (dusting off bigwigs, it'll be there)
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: Thanks to the link earlier: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qhmHMXGCV93PkDcy
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I've always been a serious raider at heart. Being prepared, adding handicaps to myself, constructively criticizing other raid members or helping them out with the questions I got in abundance. Simple Math felt like the next step. I am going to do my best to make sure I can handle it, and reassure myself that I didn't take that step too soon. I've been friends with Valkk for a couple months, and I heard there weren't any Priests that healed. I asked him for some advice, and eventually I was sporadically brought in. I enjoyed it, had fun, and the adrenaline/action was too hard to pass up. It works with my schedule of raiding on my other character, and seems like a chance I should take.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? PC, of course. It's a quad-core, with 16GB of RAM, using an old ATI 6900 series. It get 30-40 FPS on high settings in 25 raids. I have no problems with Ashran or Molten Core, so it can still handle 40-man as well.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below. Here is one from Chicago as I am from Ursin: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3970791262
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
http://imgur.com/VOUEAOx

Leafy
User

Re: Doppelganger - Healing Priest

Postby Leafy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:57 am

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I was recently a member of Girls Night Out, but went looking for other adventures. I am currently a member of Contempt on my Warrior, and raid casually on it. Hopefully continue to do so as well.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:31 am

Valkk mentioned something about you not being able to raid the last hour of a night at some point on Tuesday's or something to the sort. That would be my only concern. While ultimately, if we have a larger roster this shouldn't be an issue, I can foresee issues with it in the future.

Is there a way to move that or is it something we'd have to work around?

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:33 am

Tuesday* I don't know why I put that 's. That's what I get for posting 5 minutes after waking up.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:43 am

what are your thoughts on words of mending?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

mouthwash
User

Postby mouthwash » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:44 pm

you available to talk in mumble today around 6pm server time?

merk
User

Postby merk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:21 pm

0) "Valkk for a couple months, and I heard there weren't any Priests that healed" - fuck you too valkk

1) From what you have seen; what are your thoughts of disc vs holy in raids?

2) Comment more on haste; both on the comment about breakpoints & your thoughts on the debate on its value for holy. What is your position & reason on that debate?

3) Im very confused about your holy playstyle. Your comments make me think you are playing renew style; thus why are you going mastery as your top holy secondary stat? Do you use serendipity? I see no mention of anything down that path. Do you ever go blue for more then a sanct dump? You take mindbender for holy?

4) Explain your valuation of pom (esp glyphed disc - as you are). In your app you say you cast it 'as often as I can' but it did less then 2% of your healing in the log.

5) Your uptime on tof was 6.66%. Making for a net thoughput increase of less then 1% (.999%) You consider tof the best choice in the tier?

6) Need to see your ui in a raid.

merk
User

Postby merk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Check your pms Lessons

Valkk
User

Postby Valkk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:09 pm

merk wrote:0) "Valkk for a couple months, and I heard there weren't any Priests that healed" - fuck you too valkk

i said we had 1 healing priest wtf

Leafy
User

Postby Leafy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Mist wrote:Valkk mentioned something about you not being able to raid the last hour of a night at some point on Tuesday's or something to the sort. That would be my only concern. While ultimately, if we have a larger roster this shouldn't be an issue, I can foresee issues with it in the future.

Is there a way to move that or is it something we'd have to work around?

Ya, that shouldn't be a problem in moving. I'll see what I can do.

grouch wrote:what are your thoughts on words of mending?

My pick for holy since most of the time you're casting it is great. Mostly because I wouldn't take the other talents, "Clarity of Purpose" or "Saving Grace" until they get a nice tweak or buff. They just aren't worth picking up. Clarity of Purpose range is just way too low and the healing seems low. Saving Grace was nice for Dungeon running, but the risk of lowering your healing and absorb is far to risky later on.

For Disicipline I wouldn't recommend grabbing Words of Mending simple because Clarity of Will is so much stronger. The situations I'd use it in wouldn't be very often as there are healers that take AoE healing rolls much better than a Discipline Priest.

mouthwash wrote:you available to talk in mumble today around 6pm server time?

Sure, I'll hop on Mumble a few minutes before 6PM server unless an emergency pops up and I'll let you know if that does.

merk wrote:0) "Valkk for a couple months, and I heard there weren't any Priests that healed" - fuck you too valkk

1) From what you have seen; what are your thoughts of disc vs holy in raids?

2) Comment more on haste; both on the comment about breakpoints & your thoughts on the debate on its value for holy. What is your position & reason on that debate?

3) Im very confused about your holy playstyle. Your comments make me think you are playing renew style; thus why are you going mastery as your top holy secondary stat? Do you use serendipity? I see no mention of anything down that path. Do you ever go blue for more then a sanct dump? You take mindbender for holy?

4) Explain your valuation of pom (esp glyphed disc - as you are). In your app you say you cast it 'as often as I can' but it did less then 2% of your healing in the log.

5) Your uptime on tof was 6.66%. Making for a net thoughput increase of less then 1% (.999%) You consider tof the best choice in the tier?

6) Need to see your ui in a raid.

0.) I'm sure he meant the current raid he was in.

1.) Completely situational. I pull more HPS as holy in raids, so if the fight just needs heals thrown at it I'll holy, or if we have an extra paladin or two I'll let my holy services toward more AoE/Blanketing. Discipline has great utility as far as cooldown rotation, and with most current fights stacking seems to work quite a bit which gets use out of Barrier. I feel like I have played both specializations equally, and can usually play them both to their potential very efficiently. Rule of thumb though, Holy for AoE and reactive healing fights(can't time the damage), and Discipline for preventative healing on fights you know the damage is coming and where AoE healing isn't a huge issue.

2.) As far as break points there is no number we need to hit. As gear starts to come out I can see them making a come back by helping you put out more heals much quicker, but currently there are none because of how healing is designed. It doesn't add an extra tick as you get certain amount of haste anymore AFAIK instead it will add small percentages of healing at the end of your HoTs. Haste isn't worth stacking as a holy priest either. This is because Mastery and Multistrike are itemized on gear better, and provide a MUCH more beneficial impact(higher ratios, and more throughput) than haste.

However, even though you only asked for holy, discipline gains a bigger benefit from Haste than holy simply because of faster casts to keep Clarity of Will rolling, and less time building up stacks of Evangelism to gain a bigger benefit from Archangel (Atonement is really poor healing).

3.) There isn't a style when it comes to holy, at least for me. Holy is more of a priority than a style. Timing your cooldowns correctly while being mana efficient. Renews are there for convenience more than anything else. You can't spend your entire time casting, so instead of using heal to top someone off efficiently you will just renew them and move on. Renew is like Lifebloom for tanks. You do want to keep it rolling through Serenity, and the less you overwrite it with another Renew is better. However, "mindlessly" blanketing the raid in renew is only while you are in Sanctuary to lower Circle of Healing's cooldown(Unless Prayer of Healing will provide a better benefit). Mastery will still be the best stat to prioritize simply because it has a higher ratio, and provides an overall bigger healing increase when tied together with Multistrike with the spells I use. Heal, Serenity, PoM, CoH, all gain more of a benefit than stacking Crit(which is better than Haste for renew) or Haste. Renew is a filler, but you'd be surprised how often you are filling.

Flash Heal with Serendipity is useful of course, but there is nothing Flash Heal can do than Heal can't. Surge of Light is usually one of the only time I will use Serendipity to its full benefit. Unless one or two targets are taking obnoxious amounts of damage where at this time I would FH>FH>Heal while weaving Serenity for the bonus to use Serendipity. Most of the time the damage is stagnant enough to use Heal, Renews, CoH, and Mendings.

Sanctuary is usually to get the AoE going, and very seldom will it be used to take advantage of CoH cooldown. Fights where AoE damage is a constant would be one of them, but usually AoE damage goes in spurts and that is where Chakra dancing comes into play. As it is possible to get 2 CoH off with enough time to switch back to Serenity to keep renews on the tanks going.

Usually I will run Surge of Light on Holy, but as I was learning fights this entire week I had to have the extra mana available. Mind bender adds some nice damage to help push bosses in phases as well.

4.)To be completely honest I interrupted showtime(Supernatural) with a friend to raid on Monday. i was in no way prepared mentally to do Heroic Imperator :P More than half the time I checked recount to see my healing was below what I pull by a lot (It was actually not including Clarity of Will, didn't notice until later on). In order to feel like I was worth something I gave myself goals. Instead of worrying about priorities and rotations, I decided to just make sure no one died(starting with the tanks). You can see that Clarity of Will was almost cast infinitely beside Shielding. It is much different in a completely organized raid environment. Things will change, especially as other healers start to fill healing roles in raid that I would normally do. In hindsight, I wish I casted more PoM, as something I normally do, but I am still proud of my healing in those logs as they accomplished my goals even though they were below average for me.

5.) Ya, that is actually more surprising than I thought it would be. Usually in raids people are much lower which allow me to shield them and gain the bonus to help the raise of the raid plateau off in damage taken. I was surprised about the healers ability to keep everyone up as I am used to running with pugs. Power Infusion is something I will take in more organized raids in the future. Spirit Shell may have its uses, but I haven't done enough testing in raid environments as I've been holy most of the week of raiding.

6.) I'll put one up when I can, but it is pretty much the same thing. I use Blizzard raid frames with colored classes. The raid is organized by group when I see myself using PoH more than normal. I'll be running LFR today, and get a screenshot up ASAP. Do you have any recommendations? I don't bombard myself with add-ons. I usually only get add-ons such as DBM or Bigwigs for the sake over everyone else. Timer's are something I memorize, and after a couple pulls of a fight I usually know what I need to do, and when I need to do it. I've come from a guild that raided without Voice communication for Vanilla up until Wrath when I quit. I'm tailored to be independently aware, and on top of my shit.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Approved. Welcome.
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”