560 Assassination Rogue

Baddies
Mooby
User

560 Assassination Rogue

Postby Mooby » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 23, Tennessee
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Afternoon until early morning (With breaks, of course. Of course, right..?)
- Number of Testicles: 3

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Si
-- Wednesday: Oui
-- Thursday: Ja
-- Sunday: Aye

- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Started in November 2004, have taken breaks since.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): As current content;
Vanilla: All pre-MC (including ZG) raids.
BC: All of Karazhan through SSC / TK (except KT).
WotLK: All of Naxx (25), ToC (25, No HMs), and ICC (25, All HMs except LK... Shadow traps are hard, right?) including world first normal 25 man Rotface, Festergut, and Blood Council.
Cata: All of DS (No HMs), didn't play much of this super awesome expansion.
MoP: All of ToT (6/13 HMs), 13/14 SoO with >3% wipe experience on Garrosh.
Have killed all bosses in game except a couple HoF normals, HoF HMs, and a few ToT HMs as non current content.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Paranoia, Rogue
- Race & why did you choose it: Troll, I prefer the extra haste CD, and extra 5% damage on Beast type bosses over a solid 300 agility gain due to the controlability of extra haste for high end gear where the extra haste CD has an increased effect.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... a/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? All those conflabbit kids with their "twerking" and tongues hanging out.
- Professions and why did you choose them: Engineering: Fun gadgets, great personal raid damage increase and utility, and did I mention fun gadgets? Enchanting: Ring enchants, don't have to vendor those old purples.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Assassination, with Combat as raid off spec. I rarely play Combat, mainly due to not having good enough weapons to sacrifice the spec change for certain fights.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Leather Armor, Trinkets, Necklaces, Rings, Daggers; epic quality, purple color. Itemized in Mastery and Haste, along with some decent Crit for the T16 Rogue set bonuses.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: As Assassination I almost always run with glyph of Vendetta for the extra time of increased damage. Then I tend to use glyph of Sprint for the extra "oh shit, gotta go" utility along with rocket boots, and glyph of Smoke Bomb for the increased duration of my raid damage reduction ability.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Pre-pot with 2 seconds left on pull timer, stealth with 1. Open with Ambush, put Rupture up. Mutilate once, then put Slice and Dice up. Use Mutilate until at 4+ CP and keep Rupture maintained and use Envenom to maintain SnD (while keeping the Envenom buff active as much as possible with as little clipping of applications as possible.) Always use Dispatch on every proc (even with 5 CPs). At >35%, only use Dispatch while maintaining a 5 CP rotation, without letting either buff fall.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? Got bandages?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Grunt (Vanilla lvl 29 twink), no arena titles.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Vanilla: No raiding guilds.
BC: Riders of the Apocalypse (Shattered Hand), full duration of BC raid time, left for a few weeks to focus on school, came back while the guild was falling apart because of leadership changes which led to a lot of members leaving.
WotLK: Apophysis (Shattered Hand), Naxx and ToC, was a casual for most of the start of WotLK, left to find a serious raiding guild. TehBoX (Stormscale), full duration of ICC, guild core raid crumbled during LK 25 HM progression.
Cata: Blood Legion Spec Ops (Illidan), became the officer at the very end of FL and lead the raid team for DS 10 man, cleared all of normal modes before continuing my break from WoW during this expansion.
MoP: Gwen Stefani (Illidan), progressed through ToT normal modes here, left due to very poor leadership. (The) Hordehound Gang (Dentarg, Illidan) progressed through HMs here until my unexpected break, left due to being set back into another casual role, wanted to get back into raiding. Noctem Aeternam (Illidan), have done all SoO progression here, recently left due to yet another poor leadership causing the core to hemorrhage good players, also changed their name to "Rainbow Doom Wizzards" because it's "hillarious."

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/oMMYUfx.jpg (A little bit of an older screenshot, almost identical set up)
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/284537/calendar/ (Past month of my old guilds logs)
- Alts & their name/level: Møøby (Illidan), 90 Prot Paly. Detøxin (Gurubashi) 90 Mistweaver Monk.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): In game is the best, but on this thread or private messages here will work as well.
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Grouch, off of WoW official recruitment forums.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Have been looking for a serious raiding guild since an unexpected required leave from ToT HM progression to handle real life issues. Have only been leading alt groups and raiding with casual groups since, and have been looking for a home to continue serious progression, while keeping a good atmosphere outside of raids. From my own personal observations of the guild and talking to Grouch I have really liked the atmosphere that I can see.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Intel i5-3570K / 10 GB RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7670. Typically run ~60 FPS in a 25 man raid environment.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Amye
User

Re: 560 Assassination Rogue

Postby Amye » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:00 pm

dat paint

vix
User

Postby vix » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:11 pm

that fucking paint, man

good job, a+ work. you deserve a raid spot off that alone

good luck

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:25 am

our resident rogue will get back to you with some questions soon but overall very good application, i don't have too many questions. very pro mspaint, best we've seen in a while!

are you available to speak with us on mumble before or after raid on wednesday?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:00 am

I can definitely be available before your raid tomorrow.
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:08 am

i'll let you know on realid.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

altocirrus
User

Postby altocirrus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Miami Heat and Miley Cyrus fan I see?

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:03 pm

altocirrus wrote:Miami Heat and Miley Cyrus fan I see?

One of the two, with a doubt on the latter.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:47 pm

why don't you use tricks of the trade on other players for the dps?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”