Deance - Unholy DK

Baddies
Dance
User

Deance - Unholy DK

Postby Dance » Thu May 16, 2013 12:42 am

Player information:
- Age & Location:
I'm currently eighteen, and I reside in Southern California.
- Usual Play Times (Server Time):
I tend to play from 4pm EST through 6am EST
- Number of Testicles:
How ever many you want.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes.
-- Tuesday: Yes.
-- Wednesday: Yes.
-- Thursday: Yes.
-- Sunday: Yes.
- Do any others have access to your account?
No.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?
Yes I do.
- How long have you played WoW:
I started playing in early Vanilla with my father, though I stopped before WotLK hit, this account was created in early Wrath when a few friends started playing.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
T15: I am currently only three out of thirteen in Throne of Thunder Heroic, though I have experience with Tortos as well, and I've studied those that I lack the experience in.
T14: We downed twelve out of sixteen heroic, and would have had a kill on Shekzeer pre 5.2 if our three of our healers not quit during progression. I now have experience with sixteen out of sixteen.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Deance, Death Knight
- Race & why did you choose it:
Orc, Blood Fury is a strong racial for death knights, especially when lined up with engineering gloves and Unholy Frenzy, not to mention the 2% pet damage buff, and 1% expertise with axes, both beneficial to my class and spec. (The axe racial will not be beneficial in full best in slot, as my best in slot is a two handed random boss drop sword.)
- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... e/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus?
I forgot my pencil.
- Professions and why did you choose them:
Engineering was an easy choice for me, Synapse springs may bring a dps increase no better than any other profession, but the ability to line it up with other cooldowns for more on demand burst makes it attractive.

Enchanting was chosen purely for a monetary gain, it provides the same stat gain as other professions -sans the 10 extra strength from LW,- and allowed me to make large sums of money to support myself during each content patch.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Unholy, Frost is my off-spec, I have experience in both, and I play frost quite often, seeing as how it's a wiser choice on fights like Jin'rokh or Ji-kun.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
Hit and expertise to cap is my top priority, with both bringing the highest dps gain point per point until cap, after that I prioritize strength as it's my main stat, and haste over crit over mastery. With my stats balanced like that I look for the best combination of tier and main set, with hit being as abundant as it is, and expertise easy to cap as an orc, I look for haste and crit in large quantities. The same can be said for Frost, as they share the same stat priority.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Death Knights have glyphs designed around utility, and as such we swap between them depending on what the fight requires of us. Glyph of Anti-Magic Shell is the only glyph I stay static with, though Glyph of Pestilence is more often than not there as well. Glyph of Icebound fortitude allows me to absorb spike damage more often, as it lowers the cooldown but makes the duration last a mere two seconds, it's useful for fights like Jin'rokh, Lei-Shen, and Ji-kun. Glyph of Unholy Frenzy is my choice for fights where I'm not slowing adds, or required to use Icebound for spike damage, as it lowers the damage I take over all by a small amount. Glyph of Shifting Presences is useful for fights with heavy damage phases, as I can sacrifice less dps to swap to blood presence and survive a bit better.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
I open with an Army of the Dead -assuming it's not better suited for later in the fight, though those situations are few and far between,- during the countdown, and prepot as the countdown hits 1, I open with my Synapse Springs + Bloodfury macro into a pestilence as I run in, and continue to a Death and Decay, and a single Festering Strike, to put both sets of runes on CD for Runic Corruption, and then pop my Gargoyle as my procs should be rolling, as well as Unholy Frenzy if bloodlust is not used at the start. After that I prioritize: Not letting my dots drop > Dark Transformation > Death Coil > Death and Decay > Scourge Strike = Festering Strike -at no point should any type of rune have both runes up as it'd be a waste of Runic Corruption Procs, though death runes should be prioritized to Scourge Strike or Death and Decay, not Festering Strike.-
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
N/A
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
Vanquisher
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Shattered Oath: To be quite honest, if the raid team had not fallen apart, I would not be leaving at all. I have a habit of forming almost annoying levels of loyalty to the guilds I raid with, Mist has tried a few times now to get me to leave, but is only successful now due to Shattered Oath's death.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://i.imgur.com/smLwHz7.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
Frost: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7 ... 221&e=2818
Unholy: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q ... 055&e=5761
- Alts & their name/level:
Restoration/Balance, Oak, level 90
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
I can be found on Quakenet (irc) under the name France. My email is [email protected].
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
My friend Mist/Ranor has been telling me about you all for a while now.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
You're well progressed, you raid at times that work for me, and from watching Mist's stream you balance a good level of professionalism whilst still being laid back.
I will be moving into a new place on the weekend of June 2nd, this should not hurt my attendance, though if it was going to I'd post in advance.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
I usually have 40-50 fps in a 25 man setting.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2711032626.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://i.imgur.com/LoY2zZ6.png
(I have bloody nose problems in the dry seasons.)
#thestruggle

Vashtii
User

Re: Deance - Unholy DK

Postby Vashtii » Thu May 16, 2013 12:51 am

For the most part your reforges look good. WoWreforge.com there are a couple things that could get you a better reforge.

App looks well done and damage looks solid.

The paint could've been cooler >.>

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Thu May 16, 2013 1:01 am

Vashtii wrote:For the most part your reforges look good. WoWreforge.com there are a couple things that could get you a better reforge.

App looks well done and damage looks solid.

The paint could've been cooler >.>

As far as I can tell this site is telling me to do the same thing I'm already doing, even adjusting the stat weights to their proper weights and adjusting to my 1% expertise from being an orc doesn't change anything for me. Where are you seeing a more efficient reforge? I'd love to go and fix that ASAP.

I can also draw something else if the paint is not suitable.
#thestruggle

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Thu May 16, 2013 1:10 am

Hello Deance, I'm going to ask you a few questions in regards to your application.

- Race & why did you choose it:
Orc, Blood Fury is a strong racial for death knights, especially when lined up with engineering gloves and Unholy Frenzy, not to mention the 2% pet damage buff, and 1% expertise with axes, both beneficial to my class and spec. (The axe racial will not be beneficial in full best in slot, as my best in slot is a two handed random boss drop sword.)

How do you feel about the Troll racial for Throne of Thunder bosses? Would you consider switching to it for the 5% beast damage? Keep in mind there are four and a half bosses that allow you to benefit from the racial.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
I open with an Army of the Dead -assuming it's not better suited for later in the fight, though those situations are few and far between,- during the countdown, and prepot as the countdown hits 1, I open with my Synapse Springs + Bloodfury macro into a pestilence as I run in, and continue to a Death and Decay, and a single Festering Strike, to put both sets of runes on CD for Runic Corruption, and then pop my Gargoyle as my procs should be rolling, as well as Unholy Frenzy if bloodlust is not used at the start. After that I prioritize: Not letting my dots drop > Dark Transformation > Death Coil > Death and Decay > Scourge Strike = Festering Strike -at no point should any type of rune have both runes up as it'd be a waste of Runic Corruption Procs, though death runes should be prioritized to Scourge Strike or Death and Decay, not Festering Strike.-

When do you start using Soul Reaper? Do you prioritize it over anything else?

Unholy Frenzy stacks with Bloodlust. Why are you not using them together?

You have two RPPM trinkets. What do you do in terms of diseases when they are both stacked fairly high?

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Death Knights have glyphs designed around utility, and as such we swap between them depending on what the fight requires of us. Glyph of Anti-Magic Shell is the only glyph I stay static with, though Glyph of Pestilence is more often than not there as well. Glyph of Icebound fortitude allows me to absorb spike damage more often, as it lowers the cooldown but makes the duration last a mere two seconds, it's useful for fights like Jin'rokh, Lei-Shen, and Ji-kun. Glyph of Unholy Frenzy is my choice for fights where I'm not slowing adds, or required to use Icebound for spike damage, as it lowers the damage I take over all by a small amount. Glyph of Shifting Presences is useful for fights with heavy damage phases, as I can sacrifice less dps to swap to blood presence and survive a bit better.

What about Glyph of Death and Decay? Glyph of Dark Sim?

Glyph of Unholy Frenzy is useless. The damage it siphons from you is very, very minimal (1k-2k) and will not make a difference.

Let's move on to talents since they work like glyphs: What talents do you use statically(besides RC!) and what talents do you swap out for different fights?

Overall a good application. Reforges are fine, don't listen to Vashtii.

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Thu May 16, 2013 1:17 am

Also it should be noted that we're going to be working on heroic Dark Animus this week; do you have last tier's gear or some off-pieces to replace your two-piece T15 with?

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Thu May 16, 2013 1:49 am

Nize wrote:Hello Deance, I'm going to ask you a few questions in regards to your application.

How do you feel about the Troll racial for Throne of Thunder bosses? Would you consider switching to it for the 5% beast damage? Keep in mind there are four and a half bosses that allow you to benefit from the racial.

The troll racial is quite nice yes, especially with the four odd bosses that their beast slaying helps with, but over all the dps loss wouldn't be worth it for other bosses, especially since the end bosses are not beasts. Though if asked to I would go Troll.

Nize wrote:When do you start using Soul Reaper? Do you prioritize it over anything else?

Unholy Frenzy stacks with Bloodlust. Why are you not using them together?

You have two RPPM trinkets. What do you do in terms of diseases when they are both stacked fairly high?

Soul Reaper applications start at 45% -35% without the 4set- and stop being applied anywhere from 5-3% if the fight won't last long enough for it to proc.

Unholy Frenzy still does not stack with Bloodlust.

I reapply my diseases when I hit a 3-5 stack on my Talisman of Rage with a 8-10 feather stack, preferably during an Unholy Strength proc, but only if the amount of AP I'll be adding to those dots is more than my current stack. (Something I track with DKdots.)

Nize wrote:What about Glyph of Death and Decay? Glyph of Dark Sim?

Glyph of Unholy Frenzy is useless. The damage it siphons from you is very, very minimal (1k-2k) and will not make a difference.

Let's move on to talents since they work like glyphs: What talents do you use statically(besides RC!) and what talents do you swap out for different fights?

Overall a good application. Reforges are fine, don't listen to Vashtii.

Glyph of Death and Decay can be useful for fights like Tortos, though even then I prefer using AMS/Pestilence/IBF, so that I may absorb more damage, and spread my Chillblains further on that fight, to both bats and turtles as they come out, most fights where glyph of D&D are useful are easier done with chillblains as UH, as I can throw a movement speed enchant on my boots and not notice the loss of Deaths Advance too much. Dark sim isn't very useful in this tier to be quite honest, at least not from what I've seen. I did get ample use from it last patch from Heroic Protectors though.

Glyph of Unholy Presence on an average fight will absorb 200-400k damage from myself, while not much in the long run it can be helpful.

I use Rolling Blood for every fight unless I need to pull dots off a target to stop dps during a fight, in which case I use Plague Leech. Unholy Blight is pure trash for Unholy, as it constantly overrides our dots, even if the AP is lower on the second tick, Rolling Blood is the superior choice for AOE.

Purgatory is what I sit in on an average fight, as it's a nice little pad for me in case I fall on my ass, though I do swap to Anti-Magic Zone for Lei-Shen to help with Static Shocks on my corner. Lichborne I've only ever used on Heroic Sha of Fear and Twin Consorts, though I did benefit from it greatly there.

Death's Advance is my first choice, simply because movement speed is rather attractive, but for fights like Tortos where I need to slow turtles Chillblains is king, being able to actively slow the entire field while just doing my AOE is incredibly powerful. I've yet to find a use for Asphyxiate where a rogue couldn't do the job better.

Our last tier is always a fun one, I use Remorseless Winter for Heroic Horridon to help control small adds on the third door, but for most fights Desecrated Ground is the more attractive, whether it be for Lei-Shens overload, or Twin Consorts sleep, or my personal favorite Tortos' Quake Stomp, it and glyphed IBF leave me eating only one out of three stuns. Gorefiends grasp as uses in Heroic Lei-Shen, and I used it extensively in Heroic Will of the Emperor
#thestruggle

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Thu May 16, 2013 1:50 am

Nize wrote:Also it should be noted that we're going to be working on heroic Dark Animus this week; do you have last tier's gear or some off-pieces to replace your two-piece T15 with?

Missed this, I do have off pieces so that I don't accidentally fuck everyone with ghouls.
#thestruggle

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Thu May 16, 2013 7:07 am

I have asked every question I could think of, good luck on your app.

Vashtii
User

Postby Vashtii » Thu May 16, 2013 8:26 am

Sorry about that, my thing reset stat weights >…<… good luck with your app!

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Thu May 16, 2013 9:36 am

Oak wrote:Unholy Frenzy still does not stack with Bloodlust.

On my alt DK, I just tested this. My base haste was 49.14%.
With UF alone, my haste was 78.97%.
With Bloodlust alone, my haste was 93.88%.
With Bloodlust and UF, my haste was 132.66%.
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Vashtii
User

Postby Vashtii » Thu May 16, 2013 12:08 pm

Rude wrote:
Oak wrote:Unholy Frenzy still does not stack with Bloodlust.

Pretty sure this was fixed in 5.2

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Thu May 16, 2013 1:25 pm

It appears as though I was working with incorrect information on Unholy Frenzy, I apologize for that, and I have corrected by opener to reflect the new knowledge. Thank you for pointing it out to me.
#thestruggle

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Thu May 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Oak wrote:It appears as though I was working with incorrect information on Unholy Frenzy, I apologize for that, and I have corrected by opener to reflect the new knowledge. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

It's fine.

I was getting ready to leave for work so I didn't have time to put more in my response.

You should be using UF+Gargoyle on cooldown for most fights. For example, on Heroic Iron Qon, you should use it whenever you are attacking - as when we need to burn, it will be up.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Thu May 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Nize wrote:
Oak wrote:It appears as though I was working with incorrect information on Unholy Frenzy, I apologize for that, and I have corrected by opener to reflect the new knowledge. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

It's fine.

I was getting ready to leave for work so I didn't have time to put more in my response.

You should be using UF+Gargoyle on cooldown for most fights. For example, on Heroic Iron Qon, you should use it whenever you are attacking - as when we need to burn, it will be up.

Of course, now that I'm aware of Unholy Frenzy stacking my priority will be to maximize their uptime, unless of course they're needed for particular burst phases.
#thestruggle

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat May 18, 2013 10:44 pm

We're a little on the bloated side for melee dps, give us a day or two to talk your application over and see if we have the spot available to talk more.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”