Copia - SV/BM Hunter

Baddies
Copia
User

Copia - SV/BM Hunter

Postby Copia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: Brian, Minneapolis, MN
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Weekday I am on around 5:30 cst till whenever and on the weekends I am on a lot of the time.
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days: Yes
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: I have played since vanilla and raided since BC.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
BC - Cleared everything minus Mu'ru and KJ pre-nerf. (can provide more details if needed)
WoLK - Naxxaramas , Malygos, Sartharion (1,2,3), Ulduar, ToGC, ICC (Heroic LK world #57), and RS - all full cleared on Heroic
Cata - Quit the first week of tier 11 progression because of work travel and did not raid Firelands. Full cleared Dragon Soul heroic.
MoP - MSV 6/6 HM Pre 5.2
- HoF 6/6 HM Pre 5.2
- ToES 4/4HM Pre 5.2
- ToT 12/12, 2/13H (Jinrok 3/12/13 /Horridon 3/17/13)

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Copia, Hunter
- Race & why did you choose it: I am troll now because I was still on the "beast" bosses for progression but I am going orc for racials.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... pia/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? It is what you bring the ladies per Leon Black.
- Professions and why did you choose them: BS - 2 sockets (gets better with epic gems or it has in past expansions), Engi - Springs and the raid utility/mobility boots/cloak can bring.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Agi > Crit > Haste
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
SV Priority List:

Black Arrow
Serpent Sting
Kill Shot
Explosive Shot
Murder of Crows
Glaive Toss/Barrage
Readiness
Stampede
Arcane Shot
Cobra Shot

BM Priority:

Serpent Sting
Bestial Wrath
Murder of Crows (Bestial Wraths)
Kill Shot
Kill Command
Dire Beast
Glaive Toss
Focus Fire
Readiness
Stampede
Arcane Shot
Cobra Shot

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): None
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: None.

Insomniacs – Karazhan, Grulls, Mag, Serpent Shrine Cavern, Tempest Keep, Mount Hyjal, Black Temple, and Sunwell Plateau, Naxxaramas (80), Malygos, Sartharion (1,2,3). I left this guild to raid during not late night times and raid with a guild that was pushing progression. I left on good terms.

No Chicks Allowed - Ulduar, ToGC, ICC (All full clears on heroic and in for progression) Stopped raiding after the first week of progression of tier 11 because I was traveling for work 4 days a week. I left on good terms.

Judgement - Dragon Soul (came back to raid casual) Full cleared on heroic. (skipped Firelands)

Toned - Judgement 25 man removed the lack luster players and moved to a progression minded raid 10 man team on horde side. We killed 16/16 HM in tier 14 all before 5.2. Current guild has lost too many members following some changes to try and refocus and we are going our separate ways.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/Zd9CtYY.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/181041/
- Alts & their name/level:

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Wowprogress. No.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

I want to raid with a guild that pushes progression in a efficient and competitive manner. I am a big believer in putting the raid before the individual and I am more than willing to play a utility for for a raid (while maintaining solid damage). I am a driven individual that min/maxes at everything and I am willing to do what it takes to kill a boss and max my hunter. I am focused during raid and I understand the importance of being aware in all situations. I am looking for a raiding environment that has the same view. I can take criticism and I am not someone that just shuts down when people approach me with issues. I this game to raid and I am someone that loves competition.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

Processor (over clocked?): AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor
Ram(amount): 16gb (4x4gb)Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1866 PC3-15000
Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 HD
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4 Socket AM3+ 970 ATX
Hard Drive(#): Western Digital 500gb and 2 Samsung 830 series SSD for WoW and the other for my OS
Power Supply: Thermaltake SMART Series 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply - 80 PLUS Bronze Certified
Monitor: Acer S231HL bid 23" Widescreen LED Monitor/Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
Random other shit: Corsair Hydro Series H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced Mid Tower ATX Computer Case

I have Comcast internet that never has issues and I have 30 down and 5 up.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

I have Comcast internet that never has issues and I have 30 down and 5 up.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

https://i.imgur.com/GWMNctj.jpg
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Copia
User

Re: Copia - SV/BM Hunter

Postby Copia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:42 pm

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Missed this. I can play all 3 specs.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 pm

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Agi > Crit > Haste or Agi > Haste > Crit.

hydra
User

Postby hydra » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 pm

how many years is brian?
Minty wrote:FUCK YOU HYDRA TAKE YOUR SIG OFF YOU CRACKA ASS MUTHA FUCKA DATS CARBONS TO USE OR NOT USE.... I'm tellin grouchhhhh.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Sorry. I am 29.

Pepperonis
User

Postby Pepperonis » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:25 am

It looks like you took 2 minutes to shit this out, couldn't even answer all the questions.

Why do you have haste above mastery?

Why do you use TotH rather than DB as BM? Why do you use Blink Strike rather than AMoC? Why are you using TotH rather than Fervor as SV?

Since you didn't say what glyphs and why in the required portion, why don't you use glyph of deterrence in either spec and why does your SV spec have Aimed Shot? Why do you have Explosive Trap equipped?

Explain why your DoT uptimes are so low.

How are we to believe you min/max yourself, as well as focus during raids, but you can't even be bothered to take out 20-30 minutes to decently fill out an application? Not trying to be a dick, but this is the first impression and so far it's not the best.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:53 am

It looks like you took 2 minutes to shit this out, couldn't even answer all the questions.

Why do you have haste above mastery? Currently with the changes.

Once you get 2 RPPM items (trinket and 2pc) haste becomes better than mastery. The exception to that can be a fight where AoE is crucial to the encounter. So I reforge Crit>Mastery>Haste for AoE heavy encounters and Crit>Haste>Mastery for single target encounters.

Why do you use TotH rather than DB as BM? Why do you use Blink Strike rather than AMoC? Why are you using TotH rather than Fervor as SV?

Sorry about my BM talents I have been PVP for the past week so my talents are rather different and I overlooked that when playing last night. AMoC is what I use when I am BM for PVE. I am not sure where the TotH question is from because I have fervor but maybe the armory is not up to date but there were times where I was using it during AoE encounters such as Horridon. I prefer Fervor but I like testing with TotH because the up-time on it is huge (at least it has been for me when I have tested with it).

Since you didn't say what glyphs and why in the required portion, why don't you use glyph of deterrence in either spec and why does your SV spec have Aimed Shot? Why do you have Explosive Trap equipped?

I was pvping last night and I forgot to change my glyphs back to my SV glyphs and my BM glyphs are for pvp as well. In my pve spec I use Glyph of Deterrence for the added damage reduction, Glyph of Animal Bond for the increased healing, and Disengage for the increase mobility.

Explain why your DoT uptimes are so low.

In all honestly the last two weeks of logs my guild was falling apart at the seems and I spent every second between pulls dealing with fighting and drama so I was spending more time dealing with other people's issues and less time actually getting to just raid. If you need to talk to someone to confirm that I have the skill to raid at a high level please talk to Obe from Vigil or Vainsouly from Pure. I know this seems like a convenient excuse but between the drama and having to call everything out I really had very little time to just raid. I can say for a fact that performance will not be an issue with me. I have raided at a high level in the past and I understand what it takes to succeed.

How are we to believe you min/max yourself, as well as focus during raids, but you can't even be bothered to take out 20-30 minutes to decently fill out an application? Not trying to be a dick, but this is the first impression and so far it's not the best.

My character is min-maxed and always will be but I get where you are coming from in the focus/application portion. I am someone who is goal driven and when I do something I will do anything to get that accomplished. I accidentally submitted the unfinished application so I had to go back and find the portions that I missed because I was typing on my netbook and it does not have Word on it so I could not write my application in there like I normally would. I raided with NCA for a long time and I was always focused during raids and I understand what it takes to raid at that level. I was dealing with a lot of drama in my past guild (I was not a part of it but as GM I had to deal with it) and that is not something I want this game to bring. I want to raid and just be a raider but that does not mean I am not willing to call things out, etc. if I am needed to do that. Raiding at a high level in a 25 man guild is what makes this game fun for me and that is what I would like to do.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Pepperonis
User

Postby Pepperonis » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Copia wrote:Once you get 2 RPPM items (trinket and 2pc) haste becomes better than mastery. The exception to that can be a fight where AoE is crucial to the encounter. So I reforge Crit>Mastery>Haste for AoE heavy encounters and Crit>Haste>Mastery for single target encounters.

So you're using a setup that is only viable once you have at least 2 RPPM items, which you do not (I only see 2pc, no trinket), so why are you using the build when it's inferior to Crit/Mastery?

Copia wrote:In all honestly the last two weeks of logs my guild was falling apart at the seems and I spent every second between pulls dealing with fighting and drama so I was spending more time dealing with other people's issues and less time actually getting to just raid. If you need to talk to someone to confirm that I have the skill to raid at a high level please talk to Obe from Vigil or Vainsouly from Pure. I know this seems like a convenient excuse but between the drama and having to call everything out I really had very little time to just raid. I can say for a fact that performance will not be an issue with me. I have raided at a high level in the past and I understand what it takes to succeed.

I don't understand how not getting more raid time equates to you having low uptimes on kills. You could argue for you're entire raid and only get 1 pull in on a boss that's farm content, a low uptime on the kill is still going to be low if you don't pay attention to timers. Your excuse isn't convenient, it's not even really an excuse. You would have been better off saying, you just didn't pay attention to your DoT timers.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Pepperonis wrote:So you're using a setup that is only viable once you have at least 2 RPPM items, which you do not (I only see 2pc, no trinket), so why are you using the build when it's inferior to Crit/Mastery?

I am not using it I was just answering your questions. I was playing with reforges last night to test some things but I am using a crit>mastery>haste build. (The sentence was speaking in regard to having to in general and currently because I thought you were asking about my original statement that about mastery and haste (but that sentence is missing the word "would"). I have read some disscussion that argues it is worth it to make the change after one RPPM item/bonus but I think that the thinking is questionable.

Pepperonis wrote:I don't understand how not getting more raid time equates to you having low uptimes on kills. You could argue for you're entire raid and only get 1 pull in on a boss that's farm content, a low uptime on the kill is still going to be low if you don't pay attention to timers. Your excuse isn't convenient, it's not even really an excuse. You would have been better off saying, you just didn't pay attention to your DoT timers.

It has nothing to do with raid time and it had everything to deal with the drama/distractions that I was dealing with. My focus was not on raiding at that point and it was on trying to deal with everything that was happening. I use weak auras to track my up-time for all of my trinkets and DoTs. I guess I can see what you think I am trying to say and the excuse you think I am making is not really what I am trying to say. Does this clarify things at all for you?

Pepperonis
User

Postby Pepperonis » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Copia wrote:I am not using it I was just answering your questions. I was playing with reforges last night to test some things but I am using a crit>mastery>haste build. (The sentence was speaking in regard to having to in general and currently because I thought you were asking about my original statement that about mastery and haste (but that sentence is missing the word "would"). I have read some disscussion that argues it is worth it to make the change after one RPPM item/bonus but I think that the thinking is questionable.

Can you see why it's important to fill out the questions with whole answers and thoughts rather than just some stat priority you saw somewhere, then having the reforges for a different build showing up, it's just a bad showing. That's why there is that little word in there, explain. It shows us that you might know what you're talking about and not regurgitating literature.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:23 pm

I completely agree. Anyone can copy and paste shit for a website but 99% of the they cannot explain it.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Any more questions? Is there any update? Also if I need a reference feel free to contact Obe of Vigil or Vainsouly of Pure.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:39 am

We've been running 4 hunters up until recently. The viablilty of adding a 5th at the time of your app was 0. That being said, we've demoted one to casual and the other is part time now. We can talk sunday night on mumble at 6:30 if you're available.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Sounds good. Can you pm me the mumble info?

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Sorry we needed to move this back and forgot to post, are you going to be around later tonight? possibly around midnight?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”