Can you attend raids on these days?

-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: Yes

Do any others have access to your account?

No.

Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?

Yes, I do.

How long have you played WoW

On and off since release. I quit a little bit before BC release after getting my account banned (was a child and did some childish things in chat, have since had no infractions). Came into BC late (BT was already released), then progression raided again during LK, during which I had to quit before downing H LK due to serious illness, and just recent got well enough to start playing again this January.

Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed)

Vanilla: I started off as a Holy Priest at the urging of my friend, who said his guild needed one, and was silly enough to level as it at the time. I hit 60 and spent awhile getting geared up and then applied to Vis Maior, and was accepted at a bench spot during MC progression, and upon a spot opening up was offered a full time raid spot. With them I cleared ZG, AQ20, Onxyia, MC, BWL, AQ40, and up to Sapphiron in Naxx.

BC (played very casually, with a focus on 19 twinking): All of Kara, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon, with bits of SSC/TK/BT. I came back to the game very late, and since the massive roster change there was no open spots in my old guild, and I did not want to be carried to gear I did not earn. I focused mostly on a 19 twink at the time with casual raiding.

LK (listing 25 mans): All of VOA, Naxx, EoE, OS 3 Drakes, Ulduar (Realm First Algalon), ToTC Insanity (Realm First), and up all but LK in H ICC before I had to deal with my illness. I spent first half of the expansion with the guild Vox Radix, and when the guild had leadership issues a lot of members ended up leaving due to people losing desire to progress (an issue since fixed after GM change), and the second half of expansion with Fierce.

Cata: Started playing again this January, and decided to wait for MoP for a fresh chance at progression raiding
again. Only did Dragon Soul, with 6 heroics. Mostly just tried to experience the new quests and lore of the game before MoP .

MOP: Have had a couple pulls of the first boss in MV, but have already gone through multiple videos and written guides to best prepare myself.

Character Information:
Name, & Class

Freko, Mage

Race & why did you choose it

Pandaren, I feel the racial is pretty strong for most classes, and I feel I can perform well enough to make full use of it without dying early and needing a battle res. I acknowledge most consider Troll racial to still trump it, but I personally can not stand the look of them.

Link to Battle.net Armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Freko/advanced (ingame says I have 14.99% hit, don't know why Armory is showing lower.

Can you describe the ruckus?

Did you hear it from your office?

Professions and why did you choose them

Alchemy, for the trinket early tier and flask benefits, and Tailoring for the active proc to use Alter Time with. I most likely will drop Alchemy for Blacksmithing later in the expansion.

Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

Fire MS/Frost OS. I play Frost pretty often to keep up with it, and might find it better in some fights in MV (from what I've watched and read, I will make my own opinions upon experiencing content)

Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs

Not much choice pre-raid ATM. Hit/Crit focus for Fire to get hit capped, and crit/haste where I can, and Hit/Haste for Frost with crit/haste in the spots I can afford to replace hit. Still looking to replace a piece or two.

What glyphs do you use for each spec and why

Fire - Combustion because I believe I manage it well enough to be able to afford the added CD length (though there are times I wouldn't use it), Fire Blast to spread Living Bomb, and Evocation to help out healers.

If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

Priority Queue

Combustion (based on Ignite/Pyro ticks)
Pyroblast if proc is up
Living Bomb
Inferno Blast when I have Heating Up
Fireball filler

I left out CD usage, but can add it if needed

If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

N/A

Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles)

N/A

Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving

Cras Es Noster, leaving because it was originally a guild called "The Venus Project" which showed promise and had an experienced leader, but the GM quit due to RL issues and split into this guild. The new GM has no motivation and members have no desire to progress and aren't putting forth any effort, while a few like myself are gearing out the best they can pre-raid. I am looking to get back into full time progression since I am able to be here from the beginning.

Other Information:
A Screenshot of your character's UI

Keybinds aren't showing, but my keybinds are 1-5, Q, E, R, F, X, C, V with shift/alt variants

WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional)

Talked to Grouch yesterday, he said to go ahead and leave this blank for now.

Alts & their name/level

Grezzle (85 rogue)/ Adesam (85 druid)

Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc)

[email protected]

How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?

Saw you were looking for a Fire Mage on WoW Guild Recruitment forums.

Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

I feel like I am a player of the caliber that you are looking for, and you are well established with the motivation to down content. I also want a guild that is a community, not just a raid and log off guild. I realize I lack content from some expansions, but the ones I actively played I gave my absolute best and completed raids at gear level. I know what is expected from me in a raiding environment and do my best to make it happen.

What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

3.20Ghz six core processor, 8 gb ram, Radeon 6970 video card. I get about ~30 FPS in 25 mans.

What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Tavar
User

Re: Freko, 90 Fire Mage (Xfer)

Postby Tavar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:16 am

Not seeing an option to edit, my Frost glyphs are Water Elemental for the small DPS boost, Ice Lance for the cleave, and Evocate to help out heals.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:34 am

I like your paint

Isen
User

Postby Isen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:29 am

What are your thoughts on the different bombs and 90 talents?

Tavar
User

Postby Tavar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:51 pm

I personally feel the level 90 talents are not very fun or creative, but it would be foolish for me to not take advantage of them just because of that. I think Incanter's Ward is a great option though on fights where I can reliably predict damage, as it will not reduce my mobility, force me to stop casting, and has the smallest "setback" if I end up not using it once or twice. They undeniably add a DPS boost, but could have a few QoL changes. Aside from Incanter's Ward, I do prefer Invocation over Rune.

As for the mage bombs, Frost Bomb is a beast on AoE fights, and the slow is an added benefit, I would most likely use it on Elegon for the sparks. I haven't messed with Nether Tempest much AoE wise, but it seemed to hold its own single target it the heroics I have ran. I prefer Living Bomb on fights where I won't need mass AoE, it just feels smoother to me than casting Frost Bomb.

And to Amye, I'm glad you like it :D

Tavar
User

Postby Tavar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:25 am

I suppose it may be worth mentioning that while I don't currently know anyone in SM, I was in Dunsparrow's Rift guild for the short period I played that, and I'm sure you all know how he expects things to be done, lol.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 am

Freko wrote:I was in Dunsparrow's Rift guild for the short period I played that

haha small world.

anyway, your app looks pretty good, i don't have any major questions. could you be available tonight to have a chat with us either 6:00-6:30pm or after 11:45pm some time?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Tavar
User

Postby Tavar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:40 am

I can be on at either of those times, I'll check at 6 first.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:46 am

Freko wrote:I can be on at either of those times, I'll check at 6 first.

sounds good. probably closer to 6:30 but euphoric can give you a better time as i usually get home from work around then.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”