Xaphus 85 warlock beast

Baddies
Xaphus
User

Xaphus 85 warlock beast

Postby Xaphus » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 21 Los Angeles
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): I play way to much from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep.
- Number of Testicles: 2 ;D
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account?

No.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?

Yes I do.

- How long have you played WoW:

Since BETA.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Level 60
Well to start off with my raiding experience I would say when Molten Core was available. I was one of many lvl60s running around and forming guilds to start this 40man raid. I joined a guild called Royal Blood Line on Kil'jaeden and completed all of Molten Core over a month of raiding. My brother in law was in the top guild known as Justwild Elites who at the time were ranked like 13th in the world. I applied to his guild and was accepted shortly after for they were in need of a Holy Paladin with experience and knowledge of the class. We completed Blackwing Lair, AQ40 and more than half of Naxxramas 40. Justwild Elites had issues with 4 horsemen in Naxx40 and couldn't continue as a guild and shortly after the guild went on "break" I applied to a better known guild called "Avant Garde" who were also working on Naxxramas 40. I was accepted and lead their healing council on my Paladin. While in Avant Garde we completed all of Naxxramas 40 and ranked 5th in the world seeing not many guilds got the chance to even finish Naxxramas.

Level 70
Burning Crusade was released and it was a whole new challenge, Avant Garde continued to raid and we were realm 1st for the entire content patch including Illidan and Kil'jaeden*before nerf, we stacked shadow priests for the dispel for Muru* Avant Garde was going through a rough patch but still continuing and competing with the rest of the realm which at the time was one of the biggest World of Warcraft realms with over 25,000 players.

Level 80
Right before Wrath of the Lich King was released, Avant Garde was going through their rough patch with ninjas and elitests who thought they owned the realm and could pick on anyone because they had "Avant Garde" as a tag. The guild broke up, and we were forced to choose new paths. Apply or lead, I chose to lead and realm transfer off to Azshara with some close friends. Having the experience from my past I figured it wouldn't be too difficult. On Azshara we were competing against 1 other transfer horde guild. My guild was named "The Forgotten Army" and we recieved all the professions, leveling and most realm 1st achievements. For content such as Naxx,Malygos,Sartharion we were 1 hour behind the #1 guild thus making us the #1 Alliance guild at least. After we completed all the current content some of my raiders decided to stop and quit WoW and ending it on a good note. We tried to find replacements for those who quit and in the end we just couldn't fill their shoes so we as a guild called it on a good note. I realm transfered back to Kil'jaeden where I met up with "IRON" who were the best at the time World Ranked 76th. We finished Ulduar and all of its achievements, TOGC and Icecrown Citaldel with the Kill on Lich King stacking Warlocks and hunters for the Port/Disengage trick for Val'kyrs.

Level 85
IRON broke up and so did CUTIES ONLY*Ranked 14 World*Whom I raided with during the break up of IRON during ICC. I leveled quickly to 85 with a time of 9hours and 30minutes from 80-85 3rd fastest on my realm. I was raiding with a Heroic Guild called Brute Loops who currently still raid, and did 7/13H also realm 1st during. They continued to run 10man and I was seeking for a 25man which is where I'm more comfertable. I joined Warpath on Akama and did my Heroic Firelands and first 2 weeks of Dragon Soul there. 1st week DS came out we cleared it on 25man *First on realm* and 1st to kill Morchok 25man Heroic *When it was bugged and 1 shotting people* Then worked on the rest and and now 6/8Heroic.

Reason for not being 8/8H or being at my full potential

I wish I could just give up and just be 8/8H prenerf as I deserve with my previous experience. The only thing the holds me back is helping friends and helping them achieve something they try their little hearts out where I know I can just easily get it done by myself. With my previous experience I do have a lot of connections with old long lasting guilds that have been clearing 8/8H and top US rankings

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:

Xaphus, Warlock.

- Race & why did you choose it:

Human, Strictly PvP and Looks.

- Link to Battle.net Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus?

No idea lol

- Professions and why did you choose them:

Tailoring and Enchanting, self enchant purposes.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

Affliction, Affliction PvP, I use both daily I can also have 2 PvE Specs 1 being Demonology and the other Affliction

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

My current choice in gear is to maximize DPS built off Haste and Intellect.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

Affliction PvE I use Corruption, Haunt, Unstable Affliction.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

Haunt, UA, Corruption, Bane, Shadowbolt Filler

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):

2200 in RBGs.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

The oldest reason in the book, drama.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

http://i.imgur.com/Np1Pq.jpg *Currently up to date* Clean slate and not messy.

http://i.imgur.com/bfFfD.jpg *When I was raiding with Warpath on Akama-Horde* I was known as Felsworn, My raid UI stayed the same except I cleaned it up.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n ... enc=bosses

- Alts & their name/level:

Xaphs 85 Warrior, Xaph 85 Rogue, Draconian 85 Hunter

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):

Skype Warking101

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:

I read up of your post and had the chance to sit and talk with Grouch for a nice time.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

I honestly do not have any questions, I know what is expected from me and also know the history of raiding.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

100 FPS ingame 25man, I have 3.30ghz, 8gigs, 6800HD Raedon

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2103493911.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

http://i.imgur.com/IaRQB.png

grouch
Admin

Re: Xaphus 85 warlock beast

Postby grouch » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:22 am

Xaphus101 wrote:My brother in law was in the top guild known as Justwild Elites who at the time were ranked like 13th in the world.

how were you guys tracking ranks in vanilla? there were a few places i can remember who tried but could never really provide accurate rankings.

Xaphus101 wrote:Human, Strictly PvP and Looks.

what horde race would you be and why?

Xaphus101 wrote:No idea lol

take a guess at least!

Xaphus101 wrote:Tailoring and Enchanting, self enchant purposes.

any particular reason why you're currently using these vs other professions?

Xaphus101 wrote:Affliction, Affliction PvP, I use both daily I can also have 2 PvE Specs 1 being Demonology and the other Affliction

our locks usually swap depending on what's needed for the fight, how comfortable are you with demo and destro?

Xaphus101 wrote:My current choice in gear is to maximize DPS built off Haste and Intellect.

can you go over your stat priorities and reasoning a bit more for each build?

Xaphus101 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/IaRQB.png

a+
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:37 am

how were you guys tracking ranks in vanilla? there were a few places i can remember who tried but could never really provide accurate rankings.

It was based off kills I can't remember the site we used but I remember there still being a ranking system based off notable Killings such as Saph, KT

what horde race would you be and why?

I would probably be either Orc for the Bloodfury racial or undead. Goblins to not appeal to me even though they have the best racial for warocks.

take a guess at least!

The question was explain the ruckus, my best explanation to "The Ruckus" would be, The ruckus being the noise coming from my beastmode and thats only because I use my cooldowns accordingly and sorry for all the "Ruckus"

any particular reason why you're currently using these vs other professions?

Tailoring always seems great for a clothie as starts of expansions seeing how you can make your own gear if needed. Enchanting I like the fact that I can enchant my rings and I am still a use to others around me by enchanting my own gear and theirs.

our locks usually swap depending on what's needed for the fight, how comfortable are you with demo and destro?

I do the exact same thing, when Morchok was fresh I was destro for Bane of Havoc for the extra dmg but near end its best to stick to one. I can play Demonology, Destruction, Affliction to the best of its ability.

can you go over your stat priorities and reasoning a bit more for each build?

Afflicition - Hit > Int > Haste > crit > Mastery, mainly because haste gives me my breakpoints needed for my dots so I can continue maximizing my dps as required.

Demonology - Hit >Int >Mastery > Crit > Haste, mainly because you utilize your pet and your cooldowns accordingly. More mastery the harder you hit, more mastery the harder your pet hits. Its nice for big burst and if handled well you can stick with a reasonable rotation.

Destruction - Hit > Int > Haste > Crit > Master, mainly you don't really use a rotation as much as you use a priority system, use your filler, keep your DoTs up, conflag and chaos bolt nearly at the same time for the burst and continue this order.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:11 am

Can you log out in pve gear

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 am

Amye wrote:Can you log out in pve gear

Yeah, sorry my fault.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:28 am

Xaphus101 wrote:I would probably be either Orc for the Bloodfury racial or undead. Goblins to not appeal to me even though they have the best racial for warocks.

i haven't heard much at all about the new undead racial but it would seem well-suited for warlock. do you know much about it's dps bonus compared to orc or goblin?

Xaphus101 wrote:Tailoring always seems great for a clothie as starts of expansions seeing how you can make your own gear if needed. Enchanting I like the fact that I can enchant my rings and I am still a use to others around me by enchanting my own gear and theirs.

those two professions have always been very solid. not everyone likes tailoring because it's a proc rather than a flat stat bonus or an on-use. as a healer i'm very happy with both.
if you never tasted joy

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:31 am

I haven't read anything really about the undead racial seeing how I was focused on Alliance for now but I will sure start reading about it. Yeah I love the proc chance with the cloak also over 500 int is way to nice to give up, I like to line it up before I use my CDs.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:38 am

what do you use for a proc and dot tracker? which nameplates do you use? i saw you were using tuk/elv, just wondering if there's much outside of that.
if you never tasted joy

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:52 pm

I recently got Extra CD to track internal CDs and as for nameplates theres a built in addon in Elvui which tracks all my dots not sure what it called.

Kody
User

Postby Kody » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Xaphus101 wrote:Afflicition - Hit > Int > Haste > crit > Mastery, mainly because haste gives me my breakpoints needed for my dots so I can continue maximizing my dps as required.

Demonology - Hit >Int >Mastery > Crit > Haste, mainly because you utilize your pet and your cooldowns accordingly. More mastery the harder you hit, more mastery the harder your pet hits. Its nice for big burst and if handled well you can stick with a reasonable rotation.

Destruction - Hit > Int > Haste > Crit > Master, mainly you don't really use a rotation as much as you use a priority system, use your filler, keep your DoTs up, conflag and chaos bolt nearly at the same time for the burst and continue this order.

Why do you use the reasoning of "breakpoints" when it comes to reforging for Affliction? Can you go more in-depth? Do you aim for certain "breakpoints" for specific reasons? Your explanations for stat priorities and 'rotations' are a bit awkward.

Looking through your logs, your dot up-times could be better, you seem to neglect Haunt a bit. Any reason why you aren't using Shadowflame more often on fights you are perfectly able to? Affliction is exceptional on Warmaster, do you think you preform as best you can on that fight when it comes to keeping dots on everything that is available?

What do you think about Warlocks in MoP? What are you most interested in? What spec do you think you'll be playing and why? The class had a huge overhaul and a lot of things changed, what do you think has changed that will impact your game play the most?

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Kody wrote:Why do you use the reasoning of "breakpoints" when it comes to reforging for Affliction? Can you go more in-depth? Do you aim for certain "breakpoints" for specific reasons? Your explanations for stat priorities and 'rotations' are a bit awkward.

Looking through your logs, your dot up-times could be better, you seem to neglect Haunt a bit. Any reason why you aren't using Shadowflame more often on fights you are perfectly able to? Affliction is exceptional on Warmaster, do you think you preform as best you can on that fight when it comes to keeping dots on everything that is available?

What do you think about Warlocks in MoP? What are you most interested in? What spec do you think you'll be playing and why? The class had a huge overhaul and a lot of things changed, what do you think has changed that will impact your game play the most?

Most defiantly, I know I can perform well. I was a raid leader and had to watch over many heads and hold multiple rather than my own. As for the Haste Break Points I try to maximize the biggest breakpoint which is 4951 rating UA/3970 rating Corruption fully raid buffed with procs. I try to keep my DoTs up and manage them as much as possible, I defiantly neglect haunt on fights where I know it will just not last.

Warlocks in MoP are great, I will be playing both PvE specs for Affliction and Demonology for specific boss fights. A lot has changed for game play as a warlock but nothing has crippled me. I have been raiding actively on the BETA I have done my fair share of theory crafting and I am prepared for the upcoming changes.

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Also you were probably looking at my DoT uptime over all. You'd have to check for Every fight except Yor'Sahj *Constant moving back and forward and logs counting Adds uptime of 70%. Rest of the fights are 90% and uptime for each dot, also with 80%+ uptime on Haunt *Which will be used more now*

Kody
User

Postby Kody » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:54 pm

What are your reasons for playing Affliction and Demo in the upcoming expansion? What do you think about Archimonde's Vengeance and how comfortable are you using it to your advantage against certain boss mechanics?

Affliction breakpoints aren't really a "thing" because at no point is haste a bad stat for Affliction, I hope you aren't under the assumption that haste becomes useless, or even less needed, at some point during the current tier.

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Kody wrote:What are your reasons for playing Affliction and Demo in the upcoming expansion? What do you think about Archimonde's Vengeance and how comfortable are you using it to your advantage against certain boss mechanics?

Affliction breakpoints aren't really a "thing" because at no point is haste a bad stat for Affliction, I hope you aren't under the assumption that haste becomes useless, or even less needed, at some point during the current tier.

Ofcourse not I still stack haste as much as I can seeing its amazing but I still love to get the extra 3 ticks off CDs and other Procs. As for Affliction and Demonology in expansion I am very comfortable using Archimonde's Vengeance mainly because I do have a cancel spell macro seeing how on mobile fights it does slow down casts as passive but im also leaning towards Mannoroths Fury for the AoE as Demo. Overall Archimonde's Vengeance will prove it being best.

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Sorry didn't answer your question about reason of playing both specs, Affliction for reasonable mobile fights and Demonology for fights such as Lei Shi for the burst and multiple other reasons based off fight relations. I have to adjust to compete ;D

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”