-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): If needed.
-- Saturday (optional): If needed.
-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account? No

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I do.

- How long have you played WoW: Started playing about 2 months before Wrath release.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Wrath: Naxx25, OS3d, Malygos, 4/5 ToGC 25, 5/5 ToGC 10, 11/12H ICC25
Cata: 5/13H T11 on my priest, 6/7H t12 on priest and druid pre-nerf, Achieved H Rag on Priest and Warlock. 3/8H DS with knowledge on all fights.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Kodyxoxo, Warlock

- Race & why did you choose it: Fem Orc, on-use SP cd along with 5% more damage from pets. Female because cuter.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... o/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus? I define the ruckus.

- Professions and why did you choose them:

Alchemy - 80 Int bonus, longer flask times, and ability to make my own potions. I am constantly making potions because I even use them on trash and in 5 mans, fuck you don't judge me.

Blacksmithing - Extra sockets

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

I am currently Affliction and Demonology. My past guild was a 10 man on Andorhal...on alliance, so automatically Demonology was my first go-to spec to buff the raid overall. I played Demonology pretty much full time, at the same time in the last few weeks with the 10% debuff and lack of the rest of the raid's motivation to continue progression, I raided affliction.

I raid with a 31/4/6 affliction spec because it allowed me to soak on Morchok, without stressing the healers to heal my pet from Soul Link damage. With an ideal raid having all buffs and debuffs covered allowing me to play whichever spec was better for a certain fight it would go like this for me:

Morchok - Affliction

Yor'sahj - Demo (0/31/10)

Warlord - Affliction

Hagara - I hate this fight for warlocks because all specs are behind, affliction has too much ramp up time for this fight, and Demo you get almost zero impending doom procs during ice phase, with barely any damage to contribute during lightning phase. If it was progression and we were making this our focus, I would have played Destruction for nether ward and the burst damage it brings.

Ultraxion - Demo

Warmaster - Affliction, so good for this fight.

Spine - Demo, yay for burst cooldowns and this fight hating warlocks

Madness - Affliction

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

Haste is Affliction and Destructions best stat, and only 2nd best for Demo. The amount of respeccing I wanted to do depending on the fight and raid comp we had, I kept a full haste build for both Aff and Demo, saving our raid the downtime of me reforging full mastery after each boss, along with the headaches and gold it would have cost to do that. Obviously if the situation arouse where a full mastery build would blow a haste build for demo out of the water, I'd switch.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

Affliction -

Prime:
Glyph of Corr: more Shadow Trance procs = more Shadow Bolts
Glyph of UA: faster UA cast, I'd swap this for Glyph of BoA for madness.
Glyph of Haunt: 3% more additional damage onto Haunt

Major:
Glyph of Soul Swap: Easier and faster for switching to adds or just keeping up multi-dotting
Glyph of Soul Link: Less damage = Less stress on healers = EVERYONES HAPPY
Glyph of Shadow Bolt: Less time spent having to Life Tap

Demo -

Prime:
Glyph of Immolate: More damage
Glyph of Corr: Shadow Trance procs = more Shadow Bolts = more Impending Doom procs
Glyph of Meta: Higher uptime on Meta

Major -

Glyph of Soul Link: See above
Glyph of Shadow Bolt: See above
Glyph of Soul Stone: More benefits to the person receiving the Battle rez.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

Affliction: Prepot -> Shadow Bolt(Crit debuff) -> DS/on-use trinkets -> Haunt -> UA -> Corr -> BoD. Try to sync all spellpower/inc procs with Doomguard to make him even more overpowered than he already is. Aim for max uptime on your dots, haunt off CD, Shadow Bolt filler, Shadowflame off CD if able.

Demo: Prepot -> Felstorm / Demon soul / Soulburn -> Meta -> Immolation -> Shadowbolt(Crit debuff) -> Summon Felhunter with Soulburn -> Immolate
e -> Corruption -> HoG. Doomguard can be used at the end when all procs are rolling to get the most out of him. Aim to keep a near perfect uptime on DoTs, Demon soul/Meta/Soulburn:SF off CD.

The above Shadow Bolts used to put up the Crit debuff can be taken out if there is a fire mage able to put up the debuff.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): 2k+ in rbgs, would be higher in arena but there are very few people I can stand to do 2s/3s with anymore without getting really discouraged. I never focused on getting rating in rbgs because playing and helping get groups together was always more important to me than afking waiting for a high MMR group to be made.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

<Brutal knights> in WoTLK, left because raiders were able to do whatever they wanted at times, show up when they want, and mess up multiple times without any consequences. The raids were starting later and later due to only having 15~ people on at raid time.

<Im Swaggin Im Surfin> This was meant to be a guild with 5-6 friends, somewhat casual, kill dragons and have fun doing it. We got to 5/13 t11 heroic before we started hitting walls of people not wanting to raid, unable to go through with punishments because a lack of any intrest from recruits. Decided to call it quits and stop raiding as a guild.

<Critical Error> After <ISIS> stopped raiding I wanted to continue, but because of my schedule at the time I didn't want to make commitments to guilds who expected more from me. That is no longer, and won't be, the issue. I joined <CE> on my priest as disc, but quickly went from disc, to shadow, and volunteering to level and gear a druid on my own to have a more flexible raid comp. Being a 10 man on Andorhal is pretty rough, even with me and the GM spamming recruit threads, contacting recruits, etc. We got 6/7H pre-nerf, with some attempts on heroic rag pre-nerf, after the nerfs we wanted to go hard into rag.

Our guild was one of the many to hit the 'rag wall.' I was helping recruit, gather feast/cauldron mats, deal with forum related things, new strats, working through WoL, basically anything to make the job easier on everyone. After being officer for a few months, our guild started getting into the hype of 4.3, everyone was excited and ready, or so it seemed. After Thanksgiving break our GM had ninja posted a leaving post on our forums saying he was quitting the game (2 days before the patch, he was also our MT), and gave me GM and said good luck to us. With him quitting there was also a few raiders going with him, I called off raiding because it was impossible to find replacements that fast, and that reliable.

<ATP> I transferred alliance to play with some friends and we started raiding normals, blew through them pretty fast and started on heroics. Got 3/8 and people started growing bored of the content and having to log on to raid, it was a decision made by everyone that the raid wasn't recoverable, so we all parted ways as far as raiding goes.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/RqBxh.jpg

Yes it's boring but I'm ok with that. I have the 2 action bars on the right hidden with both bars being full of binds, I just don't like / need to look at them. The Spell Lock / Every Man for Himself icons are just showtooltips, not same ability. (gets asked more than you think), I also have modifier binds to make my ui less cluttered with shit.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/85300/

- Alts & their name/level:

Kodyluvsu - 85 priest
Kodylicious - 85 druid
Kody - 85 hunter
Heyqt - 85 paladin
Kody(not on this server) - 85 rogue
Kodyhatesu - 80 mage

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Feel free to pm me for my skype, steam, realid.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:

Have known about SM since I started playing Andorhal, ran the alt runs with SM in Wotlk for ICC, did alt runs in firelands on my druid, have had casual invites to the guild. Me and Carbon are power rangers...Euphoric was not invited to be a power ranger.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

I want to be able to compete, have a dedicated raid environment that knows what they're doing and have goals. I have played with quite a few of SM before in alt runs and other things, a few people will probably ask why I haven't joined before now. I never wanted to join SM unless I knew I could offer everything I had and no other things that would prevent me doing so. I have a job that will not interfere with raid times, and I am not currently enrolled in school, that also will not become a problem.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Average FPS in 25 man raids is around 60.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Amye
User

Re: Kodyxoxo - Warlock

Postby Amye » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Put epic gems in your bis gear. I like your paint.

Kody
User

Postby Kody » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Currently working on that, alliance side rarely sold any.

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Has this character been your main since you started playing Wow, if not what class/spec was it? If it has been your main, why no legendary? Are you close to completing it?

Kody
User

Postby Kody » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:51 pm

My hunter was my main from when I started until shortly after the release of Cata, I moved to my priest(played all specs) to help fit the raid comp we had since recruiting on Andorhal was a nightmare for the progression we had. My warlock is, and forever will be my main now. People will look at it and think I'm class hopping, when it really was I was the only one in my past guilds that was willing to play a different class and role to help with progression.

Was unable to start the legendary quest line on my warlock from the lack of anyone wanting to do Firelands, despite constantly searching for groups.

Velna
User

Postby Velna » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm

You still want to pre cast shadow bolt as aff on bosses the mages can't precast pyro on.

For destro mastery overtakes haste at the 2681 haste cap.

Hagara you can make up for warlocks blowing on it by being aff and loldrainlife in the center of the room and multidot/soul swap hagara for the stun. and i actually prefer being aff on spine for the single target on amalgs and jinx, Sure you might match mages as demo for one lift but the other you'll be so useless again. I feel aff offers a bit more utility if you don't need the raw numbers. Same with Yor'sahj. I prefer the self healing aff brings on that fight.

Awww You got rid of herbalism. Also <3 fem orc.

Start the legendary quests yet?

A bit undergeared(that awful trinket) but we can work with it. Very well written app. I approve.
Last edited by Velna on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kody
User

Postby Kody » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Totally agree with Aff, the self healing and utility it has is really immense when you utilize it properly. I refused to app until I got my BS high enough, I just know euphoric is going to have something witty to say when he sees my app.

Sadly I'm still on embers, the 1-2 times we did Firelands in ATP the embers went to someone who already had a good amount, I got Firelord on my Warlock with a cross server group I was invited to so not chance to get them there. Putting together even a 6/7 normal 10 man alliance side to chip away at the quests is nearly impossible.

We had really bad luck with drops as far as trinkets (and other things) goes, it was awful.

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Well written app, and other things can be worked on as Velna said. +1 to more warlocks, as DI is sexy times.

Tan
User

Postby Tan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Vote "Yes" on Kody 2012

Yes He Can.

hi kody <3

didn't you get H Rag on your priest with us? Firelands is all an orange and red blur to me now.
grouch wrote:what's wrong with sucking a few dicks?

Kody
User

Postby Kody » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Tan wrote:Vote "Yes" on Kody 2012

Yes He Can.

hi kody <3

didn't you get H Rag on your priest with us? Firelands is all an orange and red blur to me now.

I love you man<3

Ya I did!

Tan
User

Postby Tan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Oh, I remember now, Firelord Kody, or Kodylord Firelicious
grouch wrote:what's wrong with sucking a few dicks?

Kody
User

Postby Kody » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Tan wrote:Oh, I remember now, Firelord Kody, or Kodylord Firelicious

Fireluvsu Kodylord!

You need to come back, I miss you...

vix
User

Postby vix » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:07 pm

I enjoy you paint. Good times.

Asminth
User

Postby Asminth » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Kody <3 Miss you man.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:47 pm

We can chat if you're around tonight, same with valkk.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”