-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Most
-- Saturday (optional): Most
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes I use an authenticator
- How long have you played WoW: Going on 3 years now
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): HM Nef (Hpally), HM Cho'gall (Frost DK), HM Al'Akir (Hpally)

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Tyde, Balance Druid

- Race & why did you choose it: I chose Troll for the Berserking racial. It provides a dps increase versus being a Tauren and the Moonkin form is much more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... yde/simple

- Can you describe the ruckus? Sadly I cannot, but maybe someone can help a country boy understand what's up.

- Professions and why did you choose them: Alchemy and Leatherworking. I chose Alchemy (Potion Spec'd) because I like to think that I min/max with everything that I do in WoW. I use potions in and outside of raid to max my dps regardless of what I'm doing, whether that be sitting on the dummies and pre potting/combat potting, in dungeons, old raid content etc. Secondly, I chose Leatherworking for the +130 int to bracers enchant and the versatile market it has for Trade chat and the AH for selling gear since there are 4 classes that wear Leather/Mail and only 3 classes that wear cloth/plate, so I figured to get the most bang for my buck.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Balance MS, Resto OS. I have never been a large fan of feral, either spec, but I have healed for a while on my hpally and druid prior to this patch, but healing has become boring after doing it non-stop for 2 years.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: After stating the obvious, Int > Hit, then haste becomes king for Balance Druids, plain and simple. The more haste you have the faster you can flip eclipses, granting you a higher dps output. You want to get as many casts off as you can while in eclipse and once out of eclipse you want to push into your next one as quickly as possible to get your buff from your mastery. After Haste you have a pretty even match-up between Mastery/Crit. They both serve their purposes and are decent stats, but I prefer Crit over Mastery, because where I see the greatest DPS gains are from the Crits while in Eclipse, versus a 1% gain in Mastery to boost non-crit spells.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Balance:
IS, MF, Wrath (All DPS gains)
SF, Focus (Dps gains) Rebirth (No-brainer for a raider)
Unburdened Rebirth (No-brainer), MotW (Save mana for buffing in combat), Dash (I like to be the 1st one back after a wipe, so no one is waiting on me before the next pull)

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

I start all fights in Solar eclipse as much as possible. I place 3 shrooms under the boss pre pull. On the RL countdown I pop Treants at 3 sec, pre-pot at 2 sec, Starfall at 1 sec, blow shrooms at 0 sec (applies 8% Spell damage debuff for initial attacks), use Berserking, apply IS, then Sunfire, Starsurge, Wrath Spam until SS procs, use SS procs on CD with T13 4pc. Different fights call for different rotations, choosing to be in different eclipses 1st or pushing to 1 eclipse or another 1st. Most people think that balance is just a ping pong game back and fourth on the eclipse bar, but in order to be good you need to plan your eclipses in order to min/max your DPS. Being in or out of a certain eclipse for certain fights/phases can really make or break your DPS. I would love to be able to run 2 Balance spec's for different fights.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): N/A

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
The First Responder's (LB): Casual raiding guild and attendance issues. My first guild ever, met some nice people, but not as driven as me. 10/12 10m HM ICC

Quantum(LB): 25m guild that went through 2 different GM’s, good talent, but not enough dedication from the enitre guild. Went through phases of 10m, to 25m, back to 10, then back to 25. Not enough stability and the 25’s broke up. 8/13 HM BWD, BoT, and Throne. 2/7 HM FL

Pandorum(Kil’jaden): 25m guild that progressed rapidly to 5/7 HM pre nerf then 6/7 the day of the nerf on HM Baleroc. Spent over 500 attempts on HM Rag, slowly people started to quit, couldn't get any worthy recruits, attendance dropped, leadership and officers started leaving. In short things snowballed very quickly there after faced with some adversity. 6/7 HM with P4 Rag at 20%.

Datus Mortalis(LB): A guild that has been around Lb for several years as a 10 or 25m, Tried having a power 10m but after more attendance issues (killer in a 10m), the holidays messing with people's schedule's and Star Wars taking 2 of our healers from us. The group that set out to progress only ended up 2/8 HM in the first 3 weeks, and since then we have come to a halt.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80 ... 30808.jpg/
That's my druid, I just name changed within the past few weeks.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tn4g6j9h ... 843&e=2050
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tn4g6j9h ... 387&e=5121

- Alts & their name/level:
Zakie (Spriest, 85)
Rhyze (Unholy/Frost DK, 85)
Thebestpally (Hpally, 85)
Gilf (Hunter, 81)

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
Email/RealID: [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Kinetics did some guild searching while I was away on a hunting trip for a week. I have raided with him on several occasions and what I have heard from things sound great.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Simple Math is a place that has a tradition of success and has the mindset to always be the best you can. That is something that pulls me to this guild. As I said earlier, I always min/max in order to to the best that I can, regardless of what I may be doing. This is something that is important to me and I am looking for a place where it is important to everyone around me so I do not feel as if I am wasting my time.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

AMD Pheonon II x6, Radeon HD 5770 vid card, 8GB memory, Gigabyte Motherboard, typical FPS in a 25m is 40-50 FPS

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1705259915.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/cakefarts.png/
Self explanatory I think.

Incin
User

Re: Tyde: Balance Druid, Lightning's Blade

Postby Incin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Ive played with him for over a year now and hes a great Boomkin/Dps and def would be a great pickup!

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:17 am

Neelp323 wrote:Ive played with him for over a year now and hes a great Boomkin/Dps and def would be a great pickup!

Thanks man, hopefully I will be seeing you soon bud!

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:41 am

The officers will mostly likely not respond until Sunday. But do not be discouraged!

judykins
User

Postby judykins » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:22 am

What's your reasoning for using 4pc t13?

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:11 pm

Well the reason I am not using T12 is because even after weeks of farming 6/7 heroic FL I still only had 391 legs and 3 pieces of regular T12. If I had heroic 4pc T12 I would still be using it over regular T13, but regular T13 is a dps increase over regular T12. I still have all my T12 ready to be upgraded to heroic, since I hear the guild farms FL still. Also I neglected to mention I am on he final stage of the legendary

judykins
User

Postby judykins » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Tyde wrote:Well the reason I am not using T12 is because even after weeks of farming 6/7 heroic FL I still only had 391 legs and 3 pieces of regular T12. If I had heroic 4pc T12 I would still be using it over regular T13, but regular T13 is a dps increase over regular T12. I still have all my T12 ready to be upgraded to heroic, since I hear the guild farms FL still. Also I neglected to mention I am on he final stage of the legendary

Ah ok I had a feeling that might be the case I know trying to get good drops in 10 man can be a pain to say the least. Good luck on your app!

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:34 pm

judykins wrote:
Tyde wrote:Well the reason I am not using T12 is because even after weeks of farming 6/7 heroic FL I still only had 391 legs and 3 pieces of regular T12. If I had heroic 4pc T12 I would still be using it over regular T13, but regular T13 is a dps increase over regular T12. I still have all my T12 ready to be upgraded to heroic, since I hear the guild farms FL still. Also I neglected to mention I am on he final stage of the legendary

Ah ok I had a feeling that might be the case I know trying to get good drops in 10 man can be a pain to say the least. Good luck on your app!

No worries as I would be asking the same questions of potential trials. I would love to get back to using my T12 heroic 4pc, but until I can get some vanq drops I'll have to live with this.

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Do you use any out-of-game tools to aid in gearing/rotation/whatever choices?

In an Ultraxion style encounter (1 target, no movement), how do you handle dot refreshing? What about Starfall usage?

Can you explain some of your talent choices such as taking Dreamstate and Furor, but not maxing Gale Winds, Blessing of the Grove, or Shooting Stars?

Thanks, and good luck on your app!

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Nachthymnen wrote:Do you use any out-of-game tools to aid in gearing/rotation/whatever choices?

In an Ultraxion style encounter (1 target, no movement), how do you handle dot refreshing? What about Starfall usage?

Can you explain some of your talent choices such as taking Dreamstate and Furor, but not maxing Gale Winds, Blessing of the Grove, or Shooting Stars?

Thanks, and good luck on your app!

I do regularly check several websites on balance Druids to see if there is any new theorycrafting out there that could help out.

For ultraxion I am able to push one set of dots going from lunar to solar, but I refresh dots as I leave solar eclipse going into lunar because my haste isn't high enough to push a full eclipse. In regards to starfall I feel using it on cd in that fight may outweigh the buff it gets while being used in lunar eclipse bc I feel holding the spell is more of a dps loss than holding it for the lunar buff.

Since I had to use my OS as heals for 10m I had to have a make shift spec that allowed me to help our heals while on hm yorsahj. Dreamstate is useful for the blue orbs and furor allowed me a larger mana pool for when I was giving my inner ate away off CD. For hagara I needed furor so I could instantly have focus for stampeding roar during the ice phase. As I said earlier I would love to be able to run 2 boomkin specs an drop my Erato spec so I can specialize my spec for fights like ultraxion where every ounce of dps matters. I understand gale winds and blessing of the grove are great talents, but for the sake of our group I needed to deviate from pure dps talents.

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:07 pm

I'm sorry for any typos. I am responding from my phone and the autocorrect sometimes changes my words and I don't see an edit button to fix them.

Psychotron
User

Postby Psychotron » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:21 am

First quality paint job I've seen for quite a while.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Can you make me a spec on wowhead showing what it would be if you were in our guild?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Ninetales wrote:Can you make me a spec on wowhead showing what it would be if you were in our guild?

Considering yall are working on HM Ultraxion I went with the best DPS spec possible. Sorry for the delay in response, but I was driving home and couldnt build a spec on my phone while driving. This link should work:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0IfGdRG0kozZrcd

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Congratulations on the HM ultraxion! Hopefully I'll hear from you guys soon.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”