Easygoes
User

Easygoes - Enhancement Shaman

Postby Easygoes » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location:
21 in 3 weeks, currently living in Sanford, Fl

- Usual Play Times (Server Time):
I'll usually be on vent as soon as I get home from work around 5pm until the raid is over. Actually logging in depends on if there's something I need to do or someone that I need to talk to.

- Number of Testicles:
2, 2 and a half when I'm really angry

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday:
Yes

-- Tuesday:
Yes

-- Wednesday:
Yes

-- Thursday:
Yes

-- Friday (optional):
Yes, but I'd rather be out unless necessity dictates.

-- Saturday (optional):
Same as above.

-- Sunday:
Yes

- Do any others have access to your account?
No

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?
Yes, I have a physical authenticator.

- How long have you played WoW:
6 years, accumulating over 500 days /played collectively

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Classic bosses included full clears of MC and BWL, and up to Twin Emps in AQ, only the first two bosses of Naxx.

Burning Crusade bosses fully cleared in their respective release patches except for Entropius and Kil'jaeden.

WotLK experience included every boss in their respective release patches, except for Yogg.0 and Algalon. This includes HMs and Tribute to Insanity before 3.3 patched.

Cata experience isn't as good, since I recently came back from a sizable break. I cleared four bosses in BWD two days after release. Since I've come back, I've killed everything else in normal mode. I have only been in this guild so far, so no "real" HM experience, although I did do a lot of the heroic mode bosses on the Cataclysm beta last October/November.

As for Firelands, it's a similar situation. I've done the first 6, and seen Rag so close to dead that it makes me cry.
If it's a concern that I haven't done any of the bosses on heroic mode yet, I would like to put those worries at ease. This entire game is trivial, the real challenge is the coordination of 25 people. You could throw me at the hardest content and I would not miss a beat, guaranteed.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Easygoes, Shaman

- Race & why did you choose it:
I picked Orc because it's by far the best for Enhancement. Every racial ability helps increase my DPS, even Hardiness helps in some situations. The racial is also quite OP since it increases AP and SP, and since I also get SP from AP, I get double the SP from Blood Fury.

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Easygoes/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus?
That's another detention for you!

- Professions and why did you choose them:
Engineering and Jewelcrafting. These were actually choices that I made in Wrath, and I just stuck with it. The reason I didn't switch is because JC will always be good, and it actually gives one more point of agi. Trivial, I know, but it's still the highest.

As for Engineering, I was considering switching, but it keeps up well enough with the other profs. It also has situational use for the tinkers. IE: using belt shield when my seed is about to explode. I also plan to start using my Bolt Gun when I get into some serious content.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Enhancement and Resto. I don't often play other specs, but I can do it if need be. Resto is pretty terrible at the moment, though.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

For Enhancement:
Windfury, Lava Lash, and Stormstrike- Provides the most DPS of any prime glyphs.
Lightning Shield: So that There's no chance it can fall off before time
Healing Stream Totem: For utility, it will guarantee that melee has resistance buffs
Ghost Wolf: Increased running speed for add switching fights. Reaching my target 5% faster means starting DPS 5% sooner.
Astral Recall, Reincarnation, and Water Walking- Honestly, just for convenience. Nothing useful to pick from.

For Resto:
Riptide and Earth Shield- Gives a good boost to healing and HoT capability.
Water Shield: because my gear sucks, and I need the regen.
Healing Wave and Chain Heal- Again, a decent boost to healing. I don't often use healing wave, but I'm guessing that might have something to do with the fact that my gear is so low.
Healing Stream Totem- Same reason as above, but with ranged/heals
Astral Recall, Reincrarnation, and Water Walking- same as above.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Lava Lash with 5 stacks of Searing Flames
Searing Totem with 0 ticks left
Stormstrike
Lava Lash with less than 5 stacks of Searing Flames
Lightning Bolt with 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon
Flame Shock with Unleashed Flame active
Unleash Elements
Earth Shock
Summon Spirit Wolves
Searing Totem when it's getting low on time
Lightning Bolt with at least 2 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon.
If I get the Eye of Purity gear comp, Lava Burst will go here.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
N/A

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Guards of Honor(Boulderfist)- My first raiding guild ever. They were an organized guild, formed of a military unit in D.C. To put it simply, I was inexperienced and young. I had no place in this guild, and received my first and only kick from a guild.

The Incredibles(Boulderfist)- I played with The Incredibles for a year and a half. They were more at my level, being a casual guild. I ended up leaving because I was starting to discover more of the game, and wanted to see all of the content before it was a year old.

Genesis(Magtheridon)- I came over to Magtheridon to join Genesis, which was quite a jump from where I was (roughly ranked 5000th worldwide to ranked 200th or so) and the only reason I got in was because all of the experienced Resto Shaman were Horde side. I wasn't a carry by any means, and I got along well with the players. The reason I ended up leaving was because I was switching to a different high school which required me to get up at roughly 5:00 AM for the commute, which would have left me 4 hours to sleep after raids.

Conclave of Shadows(Magtheridon)- This was a casual guild that I joined with my dad so that I could keep raiding while I was switching schools. This is where I made my transition over to Enhancement, since they were progressing through content that I had already progressed through, I wanted to do a bit differently.

Ordo Domus(Exodar)- Before the transition to WotLK, I decided to step it up again, although not to the same degree as before. This is why I left Conclave of Shadows. I raided with Ordo for about 5 months, until approx 2 months before the release of Ulduar. I left because high school responsibility struck again, and I had to take it a step down.

Various no name guilds- When I graduated, I came back to WoW and started playing with my dad and a friend who was formerly Vicarious. We moved across a few servers trying to find a stable home, but to no avail.

Vicarious(Area 52)- Eventually we gave up on trying to find a single home and went to Area 52 to join separate guilds. I got into Vicarious on my friend's vouch. Unfortunately, the guild was in the process of falling apart, and I didn't spend much time raiding here. This is the only exception to guilds that I was in for a few months, the only reason that I mentioned it is because it played an important role in my next transition.

Pie Chart(Firetree)- I was a risk factor joining here, since I had no gear or experience in ToC/ToGC. The only reason I got an invite is because I had two weeks of Vicarious under my belt. When I joined, they had just recently finished the Val'kyr twins and were working on Anub'arak. Most of the members ended up taking a liking to me, though, and I planned on this being my permanent home. This is actually the guild where I made the transition into being a world-class Shaman, ranking on every fight available in the top 10. However, I ended up making a really stupid mistake and let a friend of mine show me a fish botting program. It just so happened that Warden (which is apparently an anti-cheat program integrated into Warcraft) was scanning for this bot when he showed it to me. One day they updated Warden, and I got hit in a huge ban wave. I'm reluctant to mention this, but looking back on it, it was a good learning experience for me, so I have no shame in mentioning it.

Exordium(Eredar)- After rerolling and playing with some friends casually for a few months, I decided to try to get back into serious raiding again. Because of my resume, Exordium decided to give me a shot, and it didn't take much time for me to integrate again. It was different for me, though, this time. I found myself observing mistakes that other people were making and visibly noticed the raid being held back. This was something new to me, since prior to this, I had only concentrated on my own actions in the raid. Well, this went on for a couple months, and we managed to kill LK and Halion, but I still wanted more. I decided to take it a step further and join a more serious guild.

Blood Legion(Illidan)- BL had recently opened a spot looking for an Enhancement Shaman, so I decided to give it a shot and did my first very serious application. I suppose my timing was pretty good, because I ended up getting the invite. I farmed the rest of WotLK out in this guild. Most of my raid experience, with BL, however, took place on the Closed Beta realm. I ended up having to leave the first week of Cataclysm because I ran out of vacation days and we were consistently raiding until 4 AM, which left me a whole 3 hours to sleep. At that point, I decided it was time to give it up and quit for what I thought would be permanently.

Limited Liability(Kil'Jaeden)- When I came back from 8 months of non-play, I decided to get some of my friends together and form a guild. We're doing well for only being a few weeks old, but the skill cap of the players here is too low to reach the goals and standards that we set, so that brings me to where I am now.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/148003/

Older logs are pretty useless since I had no gear at that point. This week, I managed to pick up a few pieces, and I'm still rising up bit by bit as much as the game will let me. Last night I had a few good shots with Ragnaros, but since they are all wipe attempts, it still won't reflect what I'm really capable of. More will be posted later tonight.

- Alts & their name/level:

I usually focus on one character at a time, but when I get into progression phases I'll probably level a new alt. It can be whatever the guild needs, if you do alt raids.
At the moment I have a single alt that I use in AQ40 when I get bored, but I haven't been on it in about a year. The armory probably wont work, but it's Easygoesz on Mal'Ganis.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
AIM: Easyg0es
e-mail: easygoes0913(at)gmail(dot)com
Phone number with text/calling is available upon request

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:

I was going to apply to Simple Math a long time ago, but never got a chance to. I don't know anyone that's currently in Simple Math, but I saw Zoomkins' posts on here. I used to play with him, a while ago, and met him at Blizzcon 2010.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

I like Simple Math because you seem to have a good sense of progression, and that's pretty important to me. By "sense of progression" I mean that everyone seems to take topics concerning raids and progressing/competing for world rank seriously. At least, that's what I've gathered from reading a lot of the forum posts here. I think there used to be a few contributors from Simple Math on EJ as well, but don't quote me on that.

There is one thing I'd like to tell you. I understand that I currently don't have the gear for Heroic Ragnaros, I understand progression and raid comp better than most might think. However, if you give me the chance, I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

Just to give you a bit of an idea of what type of player I am, I was recently clocked at over 300 APM and a reaction time of ~0.1 seconds, which is pretty much at the limit of human ability. This is while I'm in my zone, but when I'm playing seriously, I'm in it 95% of the time.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I use a custom rig littered with fans and lights. My CPU is an Intel i5 quad core 2.6 GHz. Memory is G.skill 2000 MHz, 4GB, and I use an Nvidia GTX 260 for my video card. Normally, I'll run with 30+ FPS in 25 man raids, but during things like the Molten Seeds phase when it's an Engulfing Flame phase, it can drop to 10 or so. I can guarantee that it won't affect my performance, though.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
I'm using a Road Runner cable connection. Right now my actual speed is limited by the owner of the house because someone was bottlenecking with torrents. The ping never goes above 50, though, and is more commonly in the 20s.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Thanks for taking the time to read my application. I look forward to responses and critique.

Easygoes
User

Postby Easygoes » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Just a little follow-up, I'm going to be actually using potions and the bolt gun tonight so that I can get some better parses.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:03 pm

your paint blows

Tan
User

Postby Tan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:11 pm

but it's oddly truthful
grouch wrote:what's wrong with sucking a few dicks?

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Easygoes wrote:Just a little follow-up, I'm going to be actually using potions and the bolt gun tonight so that I can get some better parses.

i would hope that you always do that!
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Easygoes
User

Postby Easygoes » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:31 pm

I know it seems bad, but this is a different type of guild. I would always do that for any type of progression raid, and usually even farm raids. It's just that it would have been wasted here, since we have a lot of problems with individual player skill.

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:46 pm

pop pots errday!
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Easygoes
User

Postby Easygoes » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:07 am

Did a follow up in game, but just thought I would post it here too.

Logs are posted for tonight, then numbers are better than before.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks for applying easy, give us some time and we'll check the logs and the rest of the app out later tonight when we get home from work/school etc.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Zoomkin
User

Postby Zoomkin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:13 pm

wat up blood, you coming to blizzcon this year?
Image Image

Easygoes
User

Postby Easygoes » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Hey Zoomkins. It's been pretty much a bunch of the same since we last spoke.

Sucks that I don't have the same income this year like I did last time, so I won't be making it out west this year. But next year, it's on again. It's good to hear from you, though. How's it going with BL?

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Seems like you go through many guilds, are you an asshole?

Easygoes
User

Postby Easygoes » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:47 pm

I'd like to think that I'm not. The list up there are actually all of the raiding guilds I had been in since 2005. Excluding Vicarious, I was in each of them for at least 3-4 months.

Guards of Honor- 2005 to early 2006
The Incredibles- early 2006 until mid 2007
Genesis- mid 2007 until early 2008
Conclave of Shadows- early 2008 until mid 2008
Ordo Domus- mid 2008 until early 2009
Came back in June, that's when I switched to Horde and changed guilds a few times with my friend/dad
Vicarious- August 2009 to mid August 2009
Pie Chart- September 2009 to January 2010
Exordium- June or July 2010 to late Sep/early Oct
Blood Legion- late Sep/early Oct to mid December
Limited Liability- mid July to current

I guess that makes my average two guild swaps in a single year, excluding the guilds I was in with my friend/dad. I would rather not make any more guild switches, after this, though. I like making a new friends, but I want to find a group of people that I can play with for the rest of my Warcraft career, and possibly into more MMOs or another genre.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:42 pm

Were you still interested in pursuing this app easy?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Easygoes
User

Postby Easygoes » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:19 pm

I finally got to kill Rag last night, so you can tack that onto my record, if you'd like.

Yes, I am still interested, I just didn't want to be annoying and keep double posting.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”