Jude - Balance - Druid

Baddies
judykins
User

Jude - Balance - Druid

Postby judykins » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Player information:

-Age & Location: 24 SF Bay Area California

-Usual Play Times (Server Time): It depends on the day sometimes I play a bit in the mornings. However most of my time spent is between 6pm – 3am or later EST usually later

-Number of Testicles: None

-Can you attend raids on these days:
--Monday: yes
--Tuesday: yes
--Wednesday: yes
--Thursday: yes
--Friday (optional): yes
--Saturday (optional): yes
--Sunday: yes

-Do any others have access to your account? Nope and I have an authenticator to keep away those pesky hackers

-Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes

-How long have you played WoW: 3+ years

-Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): In BC I only cleared through Kara. I was in a very very casual social guild and that was about all we could do. I believe this was also after 3.0 nerfs. In Wrath I still raided casually for the first year. I cleared 12/12 10 man when it was current. Latter went back and got all of the achievements for both 10 and 25 t7 content (doesn't really mean much as it was mostly done in icc gear) For Ulduar I still wasn't in a raiding guild so I didn’t experience much of that when it was current either. (I did also go back and get all of the 10 man achievements and most of the 25 man ones. This was also done in icc gear) TOC I mostly pugged. Cleared all of normal. At the beginning of icc joined a real raiding guild and went back to get 4/5 H25 man and H5/5 10 man. For ICC I got 12/12H (second group on the server to get Bane)10 man and 11/12H 25 man. My guild put some work into HLK25 but never got past P2. For cata T12 I'm 9/13. I've killed everything on normal of course and the bosses I have killed on Heroic are: Halfus, V&T, Conclave, Magmaw, Omnitron, Maloriak, Chimeron, Atrameedes and Nefarion. I have also put in some extensive time on Ala'kir 10 man.

Character Information:

-Name, & Class: Judé (if I can get the name unlocked it will be Jude without the dumb letter. If I can't I will go with Judykins) and I'm a Balance Druid

-Race & why did you choose it: Troll. My number one reason was I was freakin tired of getting stuck in ever freaking door as a Femtaur! Also Berserking is an awesome racial for a Boomkin 20% casting speed on a 3 min CD amazing! Not to mention Trolls are just sexy beasts!

-Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... 9/advanced

-Can you describe the ruckus? The ruckus is what happens when 5+ Boomkin get together.

-Professions and why did you choose them: Engineering because 1 tinkers are just fun. I can't tell you the amount of times my parachute cloak has saved my life. Rocket boots use to be really amazing but with their high chance of failure I try to stick to using them outside of raids. I don't usually have the opportunity to use parachute cloak during most boss encounters, however if there is a mechanic where you get thrown into the air and will take fall damage I make sure I use it. The most important part of engineering are the Synapse Springs. I use those on CD for the 480 Int for 10 seconds. I also like having my Jeeves to vendor and repair whenever I need to, as well as a mail box and multiple teleports to get around the world.

I chose JC as my second primary profession because it has generally been a solid raiding profession through out each expansion. I get to use my 3 chimera's eyes for a decent boost in stats.

-Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? My current Balance spec is 32/0/9. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/jud%C3%A9/talent/primary I speced into the core part of the balance tree. I didn't spec into any mana restoring/conserving talents because at my gear level mana really hasn't been a concern so those talents were better served elsewhere. Such as Owlkin Frenzy. I like this talent because there are a lot of boss abilities in many of the current encounters that will proc it so over all just a nice talent to have. I also put a point in Perseverance I felt like that was the best place to put my last point as taking less damage is always useful. Sometimes I'll also spec into Fungal Growth when an extra slow is needed for an encounter.

As for my off spec it is currently resto. 8/2/31http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/jud%C3%A9/talent/secondary My guild wanted me to have it as resto. However they rarely had me heal ever. I have very little experience with healing so I'm definitely not all that comfortable with the spec. I went with a pretty generic resto spec. That a healer from my old guild helped me put together. In wrath my off spec was Feral Tank. I loved Feral Tanking and I actually played it as my main spec for half of the Wrath Expansion. Since cata though I haven't done any tanking at 85 and don't currently have any gear for that spec. I have also played a little bit of kitty dps but mainly for pvp which I wasn't very good with.

-Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Well there aren't a ton of choices to make with this teir for most item slots. I try to stick with best in slot items. However I have juggled a few pieces around until I can get better items for those slots. Like currently the neck I'm using I plan to replace eventually with the one off V&T as the itemization is just better with Haste and Mastery on it. When it comes to reforging the first thing I reforge to is Spirit to make sure I'm hit capped. If I can't reforge to spirit and still am not hit capped I reforge to hit. After that I'll reforge crit to haste or mastery depending on the item and what is available.

For resto I haven't picked up too much gear. Teir tokens haven't gone to OS and I could spend the VP to get a couple of teir pieces for resto if needed. I just never heal so I haven't bothered to pick it up yet. If that was something that was needed of me here though I would definitely pick up those items. Most of my other pieces work for both resto and balance. Which is why I reforge to spirit over hit on my gear. I also would switch out my Darkmoon Card: Volcano for Tyrandes Favorite Doll for some more mana, as the volcano trinket isn't useful for resto.

-What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: For my mains spec prime glyphs I'm using Glyph of Moonfire and Glyph of insect swarm because those are the two highest dps gain glyphs for balance. For my 3rd glyph I have some choices to make though. I generally stick with Glyph of wrath though as it's always a steady increase. For stand and burn fights Glyph of Starfire would be a higher dps gain however there aren't really any of those this tier. For fights where I'll get a lot of use of Starfall I'll switch in Glyph of Starsuge, which allows me to pretty much guarantee that my Starfall will always line up with my lunar eclipse. For my Major Glyphs I'm using Glyph of Innervate I don't really need it, but it is useful for Inervate trading with another druid to get the most out of the mana gains from Invervate. For some fights though Glyph of Focus would be a better choice for some extra Starfall damage. Glyph of Rebirth is a must. Being able to brez someone at full health is just priceless. I also like glyph of Starfall because 30 seconds off the CD is pretty huge. My minor glyphs aren't really too important as there's not much to chose from with those anyways. However I went with Glyph of Dash, Glyph of Aquatic Form and Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth.

The glyphs I'm using for my off spec were recommended by my friend who helped me set up my Resto spec. For my majors I'm using Glyph of Rejuv, Glyph of Swiftmend, and Glyph of Lifebloom. I really like Glyph of Swiftmend as it save me GCD's when I use this spell while still being able to keep my hots rolling. My major glyphs are the same as my balance spec, except I'm using Glyph of Wild Growth instead of Glyph of Starfall. Glyph of Wild Growth is great for raid healing hitting an extra person with the spell while it's glyphed. And my minor glyphs I left the same as they are in my Balance spec.

-If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? I start my rotation different depending on the fight so that I can line up the right eclipse when I want it. If I'm going for a lunar eclipse I'll cast wrath until I hit the lunar eclipse and then switch to Starfire. I'll Refresh dots at the beginning of an Eclipse or when I get trinket procs, and other damage increasing buffs. I also cast Starsurge on CD and when it procs. If it procs close to the next Eclipse I'll save it it till I'm in the Eclipse since it hits harder during an Eclipse. For fights with aoe. I'll try to work it out so that I will hit my Solar Eclipse by the time the aoe needs to happen. I then will put a Sunfire and Insect Swarm on each mob. While strafing back and forth to keep up my Lunar Showers buff. I will also weave in magic mushrooms on cd. In between the detonation cd I refresh Sunfire on each target.

-If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? I'm not apping as a healer.

-Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I didn't play during Vanila unfortunately. I do like to pvp though. However I don't put nearly as much time into it as I should (gotta get those achievement points!) Last season though we got Challenger in my 3's team which consisted of myself as a Boomkin, an Ele Shaman and a Disc Priest. Nothing impressive, but with that comp and considering we weren't very good at arena it was a nice consolation prize.

-Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I was in a small casual guilds before I started seriously raiding. One of which I was the GM of for a year and a half. The guild was called <Sine Labore Nihil> we casually did 10 man content at the end of TBC and for a good chunk of Wrath.

When I decided I wanted to join a full on raiding guild when ICC came out. I faction transferred to horde on my old server Duskwood and joined a guild called <Dinosaurchestra> I raided with them as Balance which was a new spec for me at the time. It took me a while to get the hang of it and they had other more experienced balance druids come in at the time so I ended up ridding the bench. I still had a lot of stuff to learn at this time.

I Then joined a guild called <Killer Tofu> also on Duskwood who was in need of a better Balance druid. I still had a lot to learn but they kept me around and gave me a chance to improve and grow as a player. We finished out ICC with 11/12H 25 and 12/12H 10 man. I was one of the core in the 10 man group that got Bane of the Fallen King. At the end of Wrath the guild decided we wanted a better server. Duskwood just wasn't cutting, so we transferred to Bleeding Hollow for a larger server with better progression and PVP. Now in Cata we have risen to the top guild Horde side and fighting for server first against the top Alliance guild on the server. Although I'm proud of what my guild has accomplished in the year+ that I've been raiding with them I am finding myself craving more from raiding. Our 3 day a week schedule just leaves me wanting more. I have informed the GM and the officers of my decision to move on. They are sad to see me go but understand my reasons for leaving.

Other Information:

-A Screenshot of your character's UI: Image
I'm not totally happy with my UI but it's functional. Some of the buttons I have that aren't bound on my bars are bound to my Razzor Nagga mouse or Vuhdo clicks.

-WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/91353/

-Alts & their name/level: I have quite a few...Also in cata so far I haven't put a whole lot of time and effort into my alts. I have leveled 6 85's but haven't put too much time into them after that. So this goes like this. Feloný 85 Mage (this was my main in BC and my main alt in wrath. I have grown quite bored with her in cata though) Lexics 85 Hunter (I use her to make myself potions for raiding, and tame random rares that I want) Haydén 85 Pally, Lithiá 85 DK (I use this toon for farming ore for JC&Engineering) Cleavagé 85 Warrior (she's my favorite alt so far this expansion I actually enjoy doing alt raids and such on her. Although I haven't done many yet as I just got her to 85 a month ago) I have an 80 DK and an 80 Priest on my old server which I abandoned when my guild moved to Bleeding Hollow in September. I have some other lower level alts varying from 72-62 spread across a couple of servers. As you can tell I'm an altaholic :<

-Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): AIM: xdrfelx

-How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I heard about you guys from a friend of mine who I believe is also apping. We aren't dead set on sticking together but if we can get into a guild together why not!

-Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? After talking with Euphoric to get an idea of what you guys were all about I walked away feeling like hey this is a guild I really want to be in. The raid times work out well for me and I like that you guys do things together outside of raids even if it's other games outside of wow. I'm looking for a place to call home and make friends. Not just a place to go kill internet Dargons.

-What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Operating System: Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
CPU Type: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
CPU Speed (GHz): 3.02
System Memory (GB): 4
Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Video Card Driver: nvd3dum.dll
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 (wide)
Hard Disk Size (GB): 453.74
Hard Disk Free Space (GB): 281.43

My fps has been lower than I would like since I hooked up a second monitor. It usually sits around 20 during combat which is lower than I would like however still very playable. I just can't do anything like Fraps. I have been looking to upgrade my Video card though as I believe that's the issue with my low fps. However I'm not very good with computer stuff and I don't want to derp it up and break my pc and not be able to raid! I just need to talk to some more coputer savy friends who can help me pick out what would be the best upgrade and make sure I don't derp it up!

-What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net the results below.
I'm on DSL

-Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). I have two! Here is my own.
And here is one that a former guildy drew that just has to be shared.

vix
User

Postby vix » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:28 pm

buy a good mobo/cpu/ram. it will help you a lot more than a new gpu(for wow)

fria
User

Postby fria » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:29 pm

judykins
User

Postby judykins » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Awesome thanks to the advice I'll have to look into that.

and to Fria wow I didn't even know that was sill on the internet :< I had a lot of free time and was bored when I was 19. That's embarrassing. :oops:

Pahimar
User

Postby Pahimar » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:34 pm

:-/

Also, is that a dickshroom in your second MS Paint?
Last edited by Pahimar on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tan wrote:I want to run my fingers through your hair.

no homo

malyse
User

Postby malyse » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Her damage doesn't look like it's quite at our level (probably 2-3k behind Pah/Grend on average) but she seems like she'd be able to learn/trainable. IDK, usually non-competitive DPS turns me off, but I like this chick. She seemed to put a lot of thought/effort into the app.

malyse
User

Postby malyse » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:36 pm

Also, Fria, holy shit, I stalked her pretty well and I didn't find THAT. LOL

judykins
User

Postby judykins » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:42 pm

I know my internet isn't the best. It mainly effects large downloads as I rarely have issues in raids.

As for my damage being low. I'm always looking to improve my play as best as I can. I'm a very competitive person and want to be the best at what I do.

judykins
User

Postby judykins » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Sorry double post >_< That is a dickshroom. The second picture isn't one I drew myself though. We were avid MS painters in my former guild. I love that one that my friend drew and I had to share it.

sacira
User

Postby sacira » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:03 pm

If u are the only one who has access of the connection, that's fine for playing wow.
Otherwise, its terrible bad.

judykins
User

Postby judykins » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:07 pm

I have two room mates both are not around much at all. One even when she is home doesn't use the internet for anything other than checking email. The other is rarely home during the times that I raid. Even when he is it rare interferes.

Grendelle
User

Postby Grendelle » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:05 pm

I have a couple questions that I will post after raid.

overall your app looks promising imo.

is there any way you could splurge for better internet?
Elune grants me her blessing, I offer you her wrath.

judykins
User

Postby judykins » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:14 pm

I've been looking into it, because downloading things are obnoxiously long. The issue I have is I'm on a limited income atm. My internet that I'm using is included in my rent. My other option is to flat out move to get better internet lol. It is something I'm looking into though. I wouldn't mind moving for other reasons unrelated to the bad connection. Unfortunately I like in the SF Bay Area which is quite an expensive place to live. On top of that I have a small dog making it a bit more difficult to find an affordable and comfortable living situation (in other words I don't want to live in the gheto!)

judykins
User

Postby judykins » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:34 am

Move my toon over I went with the name Judekin

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”