Azumo - Shadow Priest Application (Transfer)

Baddies
Azumo
User

Azumo - Shadow Priest Application (Transfer)

Postby Azumo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:42 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 20 years old; Washington D.C.
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Usually from 3 PM EST until I go to sleep or need to do homework.
- Number of Testicles: 2 and 3 quarters.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No one but me.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes.
- How long have you played WoW: 4 years.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): In Burning Crusade I did not raid much, I cleared Karazhan, Gruul's, Mag, and a little bit of Black Temple towards the end of the expansion. In WotLK, I got the Glory of the Raider achievement and had a lot of success in 25 man as well. I cleared Ulduar with various hard modes including Yogg - 1 light, and I was 11/12 heroic mode in ICC. I never got heroic Lich King because I usually like to take breaks before expansions and never got the achievement. Currently in Cata I am 11/12 in 10 man normal modes with only Nef remaining.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Azumo - Priest
- Race & why did you choose it: Undead - Will of the Forsaken back when it was good.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/smolderthorn/azumo/
- Can you describe the ruckus? Purveyors of enjoyable music and fine internet goods?
- Professions and why did you choose them: Enchanting and Inscription - chose them both specifically for the stat bonuses they provide.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I'm currently shadow, for my offspec I play both disc and holy. I heal when someone needs to me to heal but that does not happen often.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: For my shadow set I first like to make sure I'm hit capped at 17%. Spreadsheets and simulators rank intellect above hit in some situations and some theorycrafters do not recommend reforging for hit and to let it come from gear but in my opinion being hit capped is the most important thing for a shadowpriest. If you miss a DoT it is possible to overlook it which really hurts your DPS. In a perfect world where you notice immediately you've missed a spell, maybe I would value other stats over hit; but until then I will remain hit capped. Other than that I prioritize int > haste > crit > mastery, but I do keep in mind that next patch mastery will be getting a bit of a buff to make it about even with crit for shadow priests.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: My prime glyphs are Mind Flay, Shadow Word: Death, and Shadow Word: Pain as those are the glyphs that provide the most DPS increase. Major glyphs are a little more lenient and I use Mass Dispel, Psychic Scream, and Spirit Tap. And minor glyphs do not make a difference.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? I start off with a Shadow Word: Pain and then follow up with a Vampiric Touch and a Devouring Plague. After this on most fights I'll pop my shadowfiend unless there is a damage bonus phase soon into the fight or if I know I'll have mana issues. After my DoT's are up I mind flay until I get 1 shadow orb then mind blast to bring up Empowered Shadows. After that it is a priority system. I make sure I keep my dots up refreshing right before the last tick or immediately after the last tick and while also making sure my empowered shadows buff remains at a 100% uptime. If i reach 3 shadow orbs I use mind blast unless I have archangel up in which case I continue to mind flay until I need to refresh empowered shadows. I also make sure before I use archangel after I JUST refreshed empowered shadows and making sure my dots have a long duration left on them in order to maximize my DPS from the mind flay damage increase. Sub 25% I make sure I use double Shadow Word: Death on cooldown unless its a healing intensive phase or I have a huge damage buff; as I don't want to make extra work for the healers or accidentally kill myself.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Rival if I remember correctly, I don't pvp much on my priest I got to 2200 in 3s and 5s in wrath in multiple seasons and duelist as 2600 on my shaman.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Sacrilege is the guild I'm currently in and was in for most of WotLK and I'm just tired of raids and leadership being so disorganized and having to constantly carry bad players through raids. Also I was promised we would be doing 25 man raids but it seems the officers are far too lazy to coordinate that and bring it together. I have always thought I was good enough for a top guild and I want to act on that now.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Image
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/h82x76fkfcsp1hhx/sum/damageDone/
- Alts & their name/level: Dillbert level 85 warrior, Mansion level 80 shaman, Shootinbadz level 82 hunter
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected], only IM service I use is skype but I'd prefer an email or contact me in game since I'm always on.
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: There is no one I know in Simple Math but I usually keep track of progression on sites like wowprogress and Simple Math is always near the top.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Simple Math's goals and mindset on raiding look like exactly what I'm looking for in a guild and I want to be a part of a group of raiders that like to get things done.
I'm a free lance karaoke singer and I like to rap Ice Ice Baby.
I looooovveee eggos especially strawberry ones, I could eat them allllll day
I have a smokin hot bod

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I have an i-7 quad core processor, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GTS 240 graphics card and my FPS in 25 mans usually sits around 150 unless I cap it at 60 or I'm running fraps and cap it at 30
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. I have Verizon FIOS and my download speed was 15.51 mb/s and upload was 1.63 mb/s with my ping at 45ms
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
Image[/img]

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:54 am

I like your paint.

Velna
User

Postby Velna » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:49 am

How well do you feel these parses represent your dps? Anything you can improve on? How well do you feel like you handle raid mechanics like Omnotron's flamethrower or lightning conductor or Ascendant's Councils Lightning Rod. Do you have any problems with being asked to offheal if needed or Atonement heal on Halfus?

Azumo
User

Postby Azumo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:04 am

I feel like these parses are a good representation of my current DPS, aside from a few rough kills for the night these are the numbers I consistently pull and I wish I had more logs to show this.
Things I need to work on I would have to say not getting lazy for farmed content, sometimes in our 10 man I'll ignore certain mechanics that I can just disperse the damage or I know healers will be able to heal through but I am well aware stuff like that won't fly in a 25 man especially doing heroics. I also have a bad habit of eating nachos during raids which occasionally give me greasy finger syndrome and sometimes I face pull - I need to work on that.
I am very situationally aware and I have no trouble with mechanics such as the ones you listed.
I have no problem with going offspec and I assumed I would be needed to go Atonement spec for halfus after looking at a lot of the logs for that fight. I would just like to point out though that my offspec is not very geared but I am well versed as holy or disc.

Carbon
User

Postby Carbon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:08 am

I"m a huge fan of nachos, Do you prefer the round chips or the Triangle ones?

Azumo
User

Postby Azumo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:21 am

I like the round ones! My Shoppers sells these yellow corn tortilla chips that are some random brand that are incredible for making nachos.

Also tostitos scoops

Keoni
User

Postby Keoni » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:45 am

Uh, unless I'm going crazy cause of how late it is, why are you reforging hit into spirit? Like on your wrist and ring, you could leave it as hit, and reforge your crit into haste.
ImageImage

Azumo
User

Postby Azumo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:48 am

That was gear that I used to use for healing that I never reforged back I suppose.

Thanks for pointing that out though I overlooked that thinking I reforged something else into spirit for the hit, I can pick up a bit more haste now =D

Also on a ring as well.

Azumo
User

Postby Azumo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:49 am

Oh you already pointed it out on the ring, it is getting late >.< sorry

malyse
User

Postby malyse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:25 am

EHHHHHHHH:
    I'll be honest, I'm of the "you don't need to be hit-capped" camp, but I don't see a problem with it if you think it's genuinely more viable. I don't like that you're afraid you won't be paying enough attention to your misses in order to remedy a miss. It is a perfect world and you CAN notice immediately that you've missed a spell.

I don't love your priority queue... you'll get more bang for your buck if you SWP and then flay for an orb before fully dotting. Yes, sometimes you have to give up after 4 flays because you got ass RNG, but I find that overall it's worth it. No big deal, just something to try. I want to know that you're not dotting up immediately because [IT'S SO MUCH EASIER THAT WAY EVEN THOUGH IT'S SUBPAR DPS ON AVERAGE]. Also, you want to MB with one orb, not three.

You don't pre-pot nor do you pot every attempt. That would have to change. Every attempt. Two pots. Si?

OK!!! :)
    I like that you're comfortable going disc and holy SO I DON'T HAVE TO! :D

I like that you put power torrent on your PVP weapon (AHEM EUPHORIC). This is impressive. Good for you. I actually want to shake your hand.

Overall, I'd like to try you out and I think you'd be competitive.

malyse
User

Postby malyse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:41 am

SUPER IMPORTANT ROCK N JOCK 1000 POINT QUESTION, get it right....

Do you prioritize football over raiding?

Azumo
User

Postby Azumo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 pm

@Malyse Yeah most of the theorycrafting out there says going out of the way to reach hit cap is a bad idea and I understand the math behind it. I definitely would be able to see a DoT right away if I missed it but when I first got Theralian's Mirror trinket I swapped it out with my stump of time so I was a full 300 hit under cap and I sat at a target dummy for literally over an hour and I did not notice a dps increase or decrease either way. So i figured why make it an inconvenience if they are both the same for me, and also things like missing a mind blast when you only have a few second left on empowered shadows could result in a dps loss; but that doesn't mean if any gear I get in the future leans toward me to raid under hit cap that I wouldn't do it.

Other than putting up SWP asap I really had no rhyme or reason to the rest of my priority queue. I think I read in one spot that putting up a full row of dots first off was the best, but I never gave it any testing. I guess getting empowered shadows up asap makes sense so thanks for pointing that out I will definitely give it a try in tonight's raid (if we go >.<).

And about the double poting on every attempt. In our 10 mans I TRY to double pot on every attempt but I lose focus and get frustrated when we wipe on trash and take random 30 minute afks mid raid and sometimes I just forget. I definitely don't have a shortage of volcanic potions my alt is a potion master and I have an entire bank tab full of them, so in a serious 25 man raid this willll nottt be an issue.

And I'm actually not a big football watcher, I used to be in high school when I actually played but its just sort of lost its luster to me over the years; so I prioritize raiding =P

malyse
User

Postby malyse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Think you'd be available to chat with us tonight or monday around 11:30 or 12 server time?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Azumo
User

Postby Azumo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Yeah I would love to chat tonight, just send the details my way.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”