Enjun
User

Enjun - Warrior - Protection

Postby Enjun » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location:
25 Washington Dc

- Usual Play Times (Server Time):
anytime I'm not working usually (after 6p est till around 2 or 3a) and on the weekends for generally 6-10 hours
- Number of Testicles:
- Can you attend raids on these days: YES to all

- Monday:
-- Tuesday:
-- Wednesday:
-- Thursday:
-- Friday (optional):
-- Saturday (optional):
-- Sunday:
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? YES
- How long have you played WoW: I have been playing since the end of vanilla
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
In vanilla I wasn't as much into progression as I got into in TBC but I did clear AQ 20 and ZG multiple times as a guild buddy In Gentlemens Club
In TBC I was looking for a more secure Raid spot and at the time GC couldn't accommodate me into they're active roster so I began playing w/ Fallout and we burned through tbc content remaining in the top 100 world for most of the expansion In sunwell we hit the mu'ru wall but ended up killing him and securing a US 81st spot pre wotlk
When wrath Launced we hit progression hard remaining above top 100 world all the way through heroic sindragosa at which point attendance and progression fell off. Apon the idea of merging w/ another guild I decided it was time to get back to my roots and finished wotlk w/ Gentlemens club.
So far in Cata I have cleared 12/12 and 3/12 heroic w/ hours of experience on 2 additional bosses
Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Enjun Protection Warrior
- Race & why did you choose it: Tauren HP bonus
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... t/advanced recently changed my name apon leaving GC just some of the members wouldnt give me shit about progression while remaining on the server helping friends in a less progressed 25man
- Can you describe the ruckus? handling buisness
- Professions and why did you choose them: JC/BS it was the best in wotlk w/ the upcoming nerfs to leather working it will remain a viable profession
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I have around 3 or 4 viable protection specs but my secondary spec is strictly for pvp which i try to do as much as possible (though after my partner quit I have been trying to find a viable 2's or 3's comp)
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Main spec- I am geared around the idea that at some point in this expansion I wil lbe able to hit 102.4 (the magical number that tanks strive to hit since tbc -crushing blows and wotlk - un hittable) in cata 102.4 w/ crit block will be a huge mitigation boost and provide smooth damage apposed to spiky damage a lot of tanks are taking right now.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Glyphs are pretty interchangeable and can be more viable on certain fights and depending on what spec you are using; currently i find myself using
Prime : deva / SS / Revenge for increased damage and additional threat
Major : Sunder / Shockwave / cleaving mainly for the ease of spreading sunder through multiple targets and allowing me cleave addtional targets as well reducing my CD on shockwave which by it self isnt a very large threat boost but w/ vengeance has proven to be quiet usefull
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I had to re roll warrior in tbc post season 4 due to trading wins and getting my original account baned but in s3 i had a 2400 rating playing resto / ms
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Gentlemens Club- Ever since Well forever Me and the Raid leader never really saw eye to eye where other tanks would make the same mistake as i would (not being verbal enough or mis use of CD- mainly while learning the fight) I was always his scape goatl; maybe it was due to my tenure there or maybe he just never like me who knows. I just decided it was time to move on
Fallout- I left in wotlk due to them merging w/ another guild (in my experience mergers are always extremely tuff on the core of both guilds) to no surprise less then a month later the guilds had reverted to the original guilds

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://img199.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnsh ... 31619.jpg/
I recently switched from PB3 to PB4 and have been playing w/ the LUA of SBF (due to the way it talks to the game it wasn't working properly) and though this SS doesnt depict it; PB4 no longer shows friendly target buffs and I am not using default buffs either
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6u2y ... boss=44600
- Alts & their name/level: Tehter 80 pally Pyrelli 84 mage
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): You can contact me via reply on the forum or PM on the forum
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: wowprogress
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? It's a name I've seen on wowprogress for a while and at the moment it appears you need a protection warrior
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? custom PC asus mb nvidia geforce 460 gtx (overclocked) cvideo card typically run between 30 and 60 fps durring raid
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. I play on verizon fios which means i'll have connection post Armageddon Image
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).http://img828.imageshack.us/i/94296770.png/

fria
User

Postby fria » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:44 pm

explain your gems

malyse
User

Postby malyse » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:44 pm

Do you stay online during boss fights? Coz that's a plus.

Enjun
User

Postby Enjun » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:54 pm

They're really isn't much to explain about my gem choice; as for the parry stam warriors talent into Hold the line which successful parries grant 10% extra chance to crit block 20 stam + mastery because well mastery is basically the best stat. and stam to match pure blue sockets

As mentioned above playing on fios basicallly means i dont ever disconect unless theres a server / client issue

fria
User

Postby fria » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:10 pm

You say mastery is the best stat but you have a stam gem in a yellow socket also you are not going for some set bonuses but your gem choices in those slots dont make any sense. Btw we dont gem pure stam anymore look at any top warrior.

Blazzinn
User

Postby Blazzinn » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:20 pm

Interesting.

Enjun
User

Postby Enjun » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 pm

if you are looking at some of the top warriors and dwell into theory crafting it's been mentioned that using Stam gems in early in progression is accually not as bad as what your making it out to be. While I am using a pure stam in my bracers it's mainly because i dont want to seperate my parry from my dodge any further then what it is at the moment to avoid large caps in Diminishing returns; as for the yellow socket in my boots it was an oversight when i was regeming earlier this week that i missed a socket.

fria
User

Postby fria » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:34 pm

what about the pants

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:35 pm

I chatted a bit with you in game and the roll we're looking to fill is definitely that of an MT/OT. I'd like to see answers to any questions that are asked in general but I feel like this is a pretty well done app otherwise. How are you with kiting? Do you manage your cooldowns well? Do you communicate well and are you vocal during raid?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Enjun
User

Postby Enjun » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:36 pm

to reword my last post, Tanks not using the leatherworking wrist enchants use upwards of 3 stam gems to push them close to 200k raid buff which is a base line for many fights

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:38 pm

out of curiosity, is there anyone in gc who can vouch for you?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Enjun
User

Postby Enjun » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:47 pm

For the pants i should've used the mastery jc gem in yellow and parry /mastery in the purple

as for kiting, I've kited the nef adds as well had many nights work on maloriak.

For nef, as the skeletons spawn I gain aggro on the majority of them by ony; after they are grouped up I bring them to the north or a neutral area between nef /ony on the metal grate. usually assisted by a hunter w/ entrapment to snare them in place and then shockwave them to avoid taking damage while they're energy fades and they despawn in the same location

For phase two the first meteor should spawn all the skeletons then I kite them around the outside grate, after every second meteor a hunter assists w/ entrapment so they despawn out of the fire, or close enough that they all spawn. generally the adds despawn once to twice per kill.

On maloriak I use a piercing howl spec for the adds that he summons in the normal phases. For the nef vial phase i slowly work my way around the edge of the room fast enough that melee doesnt take to much slime damage but slow enough to not have to back track after reaching the opposite side of the room

pelinel
User

Postby pelinel » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:03 pm

How many heroics do you run a week?

Enjun
User

Postby Enjun » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:10 pm

lol 5mans? when im not pvping or doing my dailies (which only take like 30 minutes) i can run 5mans when ever

Tan
User

Postby Tan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:18 am

All our tanks hate heroics now :(

And I vote yes just because he's not a Canadian
grouch wrote:what's wrong with sucking a few dicks?

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”