Bitrix Enhance shaman (reapp)

Baddies
bitrix
User

Bitrix Enhance shaman (reapp)

Postby bitrix » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:10 am

player information:
- Age & Location: 25, Wisconsin
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Varies, but usually after around 3-4pm till around 3-4am
- Number of Testicles: 8
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: yes
-- Wednesday: yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): yes
-- Saturday (optional): 3/4 weeks a month
-- Sunday: 3/4 weeks a month
- Do any others have access to your account? no
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? yes
- How long have you played WoW: ive been playing wo since about 6 months after release, this is my second account so my /played wont reflect that, but it is what it is
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): currently i have cleared 11/12 heroic ICC 25, everything excluding heroic Lich King and heroic Halion 25.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Bitrix, Shaman

- Race & why did you choose it: Originally i chose orc because it was the only horde race that had a decent racial dps racial. I knew that i was planning to raid with em and wanted to "min/max" only after i really got into enhance did i learn just how important it was to be an orc.

- Link to Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/K ... rix/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? im going to assume this is an inside joke, but ill humor you guys.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ruckus was a free ad-supported online music service available to students at all American colleges.

- Professions and why did you choose them:I am currently a JC/engineer. Jc offers the best stat options with flexibility. Engineer is a bit more complicated. I was an alchemist all the way through WoTLK untill t10. My 2 piece t10 makes shamanistic rage a 1 min dps CD and the 1 min haste glove enchant was just too awesome to pass up. That of course was when haste was the be all end all stat for enhance to be stacking. Also along with the glove enchant you also get rocket boots, which i believe every raider should have for those oh shit moments. They are just way too handy, and are probably the single enchant that can completely change the outcome of an encounter.
EDIT: With cata engineering for me is in a peculiar position. The benefits aside from the helm just done seem all that amazing. Once i get my tier helm (assuming they dont change or add anything) i will likely drop the profession in favor of something else, probably enchanting or BS.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I have dual spec, but i use my second spec for mainly a PvP spec, as i really don't enjoy either elemental or resto. And ill be honest im no where near as good as i am with enhancement.
Edit: with cata i have been working on a ele set, but have yet to put it to any serious use. I want to diversify my skills and be able to change specs to max dps on a fight by fight basis.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: My gearing for enhance set, is pretty standard with a few slight deviations. Pre patch 4.0.1 The setup i was using included the TAiAJ trinket, a different ring, and a different main hand. With the patch changes to enhancement and haste gearing changed significantly. Agi becoming the be all end all stat and haste dropping towards the bottom of the totem pole. I subbed in H WFS and picked up the expertise ring. I also had to do loads of regemming in order to make it all work they way it needed to. As far as my offspec goes, like i said its just a pvp spec.
Edit: With the crazy amount of hit enhancement needs just about every piece of gear i take has hit on it. If not it is reforged to hit, Pieces with hit on them typically are reforged to hit. Its best to avoid gemming these stats in as agi outweighs everything and cannot be reforged.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: for my prime glyphs i use stormstrike, lava lash, and feral spirit glyphs. These have been theory crafted by the enchancement community to be the highest dps. Major glyphs are pretty boring, the only mandatory glyph is the lightning sheild glyph. I also use the ghost wolf glyph for more mobility in movement fights, and i use the healing stream glyph that gives your healing stream totem a resistance aura for a bit of utility. I'm going to assume that you're not interested in minor glyphs as they are typically unimportant.
Edit: Not much has changed

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Well enhancement doesen't have a "rotation per-se, but rather a priority que. My que looks something like this, SW on boss, MW5, ST if not up, LL, SS, FS, ES, SR on boss.
spirit wolves on boss, maelstrom 5 lightning bolt, searing totem if not up, lava lash, storm strike, flame shock, earth shock, shamanistic rage + gloves + racial when trikets proc.
Edit: Not a whole lot of change other than the addition of Unleashed elements which is a fairly high priority, coming just after LL and maelstrom LB and before SS, and shocks.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Nothing to speak of, i dont do alot of serious PvP as until recently enhance has been pretty terrible in pvp. I do very much enjoy premade BG's however.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Methodical on arygos- i left due to not getting along with the "management"
clout mace on kilrogg- my current guild which is planning on disbanding in the near future (days not weeks) due to utter failure /sadface
Edit: Guild has since disbanded. I went to a somewhat casual guild on the server that still kills bosses. However i find this isnt the play style prefer. I want to raid more than 1-2x per week and for more than 3 hours at a time.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
this is my guilds WoL
http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/878/
Edit: Dont have access to any reliable WoL atm. The guild im with isnt planning on starting up raids till the 4th and well pugs arent much of reality atm.

- Alts & their name/level:
Bìt 80 hunter, izzìe 80 mage, tayber 80 paladin, wrek 80 dk, Blexx 80 warlock, gaile 75 preist,

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
[email protected] school email.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
i found you guys the wowprogress.com. I do not know anyone from Simple math.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Well i like that you guys are on a pvp server. Ive played on PvE servers and i wanna try something new. I think it adds a unique aspect to the game. Simple math is a step up in progression, i don't like to move back wards in progression, as it makes all the work that i have put into the game seem pointless.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
3.0 GHZ quad core, 4GB ram, ati radion 4600, depends on the fight for the most part, but i can expect 60fps and typically and when there is alot of spell detal and stuff going on lowest ill get is maybe 30 fps, i definately dont have a shutter effect when playing the game.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional)

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:09 am

i know this is your second app and i apologize if some of these questions are being re-asked.

what happened to your first account?

how do you feel about engineering's chance of backfiring during a raid?

do you feel that you're good enough at a second spec to play it as backup in a raid? for example last night we needed an extra healer, so one of our dps respecced.

kind of off topic but what sort of accomplishments have you been a part of with pvp? gladiator/warlord/etc?

looks like you were a part of casual guilds in the past - are you 100% fine with being on promptly at/before 7 set and raiding 5 days a week for 5 hours each day?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:55 pm

what happened to your first account?
Simply put i sold it. I was planning on quitting the game, but within months i was back but with a brand new account. I rolled horde to play with a friend which i would probably never had done if i hadn't sold my account. All in all i think it worked out for the beast.

how do you feel about engineering's chance of backfiring during a raid?
I don't find it to be an acceptable risk and i absolutely hate hate hate that they gave rocket boosts a chance to fail in a raid. I still have the boosts as there really isn't a viable/useful belt tinker otherwise, but i use them only in emergency situations where if i don't GTFO im going to die anyways or im going to cause a wipe. Very situational overall.

do you feel that you're good enough at a second spec to play it as backup in a raid? for example last night we needed an extra healer, so one of our dps respecced.
Honestly, I don't. However i'm confident in my "gamer skillz" (with a z) that with practice and research i could get at least competant at it. Maybe not the most amazing ever but definately enough to suffice. I have never been asked to take an offspec, but like i said in my edit its something that im working towards on my own as it is. I have played both healing classes and ranged caster classes so it really comes down to maxing my particular class to the best of my ability.

kind of off topic but what sort of accomplishments have you been a part of with pvp? gladiator/warlord/etc?
Um well just yesterday i got the "world wide winner achievement" :D, umm i really don't pvp too terribly much, but since the cata changes ive been finding it a whole lot more fun and i have been doing it a bit more. As far as 2400 teams, yea you wont find anything in my resume that reflects that.

looks like you were a part of casual guilds in the past - are you 100% fine with being on promptly at/before 7 set and raiding 5 days a week for 5 hours each day?
Um in my current guild im about to tear my eyes out because of their lax 2 days a week 3 1/2 hour its ok to be late raid schedule. In my past guild we did 6 days a week, 7 if you did 10 mans at about 4 hours which often ran late on progression. Its something im very accustomed to and the way i prefer to play the game. As far as being on time, with my shcedule ill likely have been on for hours and hours prior to raid either preping or BS'ing with dailys, farming, achievements etc.

Veloxic
User

Postby Veloxic » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:07 pm

bitrix wrote:what happened to your first account?
Simply put i sold it. I was planning on quitting the game, but within months i was back but with a brand new account. I rolled horde to play with a friend which i would probably never had done if i hadn't sold my account. All in all i think it worked out for the beast.

While honesty is good you can understand how this, or even quitting with the same account, would make a guild very skeptical right?

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:30 pm

understandable, Though the conditions under which i quit at the time were quite substantial. I had joined the military at the time and WoW wasn't at the top of my priority list. However its been years since then and still going strong. All things considered i think it was the best thing for me at the time. I had been on a bit of a backwater server, and the server i rolled on (my friends server) was much more populated and progressive. It really gave me the basis to learn and grow as a player. Had i not done that i would likely still play alliance and possibly have a different mindset as far as progression is concerned.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:24 am

are you on active duty with the military?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:13 pm

nope, I'm Army national guard which does require me to Drill one weekend a month and in the summer I Have to do 2 weeks of training. In the past I have still been able to play during this 2 weeks in the evenings, but this is subject to change. As far as scheduling goes it doesn't tend to get get in the way of Wow in general.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:07 pm

Able to get on vent and have a talk with us Sunday night around 11 - 1130 est?

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:25 pm

sure thing, i believe i still have the vent info from the previous vent interview we did.[/img]

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:33 am

We just finished raiding late and taking care of other stuff, check back tomorrow please, sorry about the late post.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:34 pm

is there another time we could schedule a vent meeting? I have a clean up raid tonight that would conflict with this time block.

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:47 pm

oh by the way i have some new parses for you guys. It doesn't have a wide range of info, but its the best i got.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kk0lfd7exbbri2ft/

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:46 am

Available to chat wednesday night around 11:30 or 12?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

bitrix
User

Postby bitrix » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:11 am

yea, i could make that. Ive got another log for ya, this time 25 man logs.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ss668q0yhukm31de/

Karunk
User

Postby Karunk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:03 am

Late to the party with any type of shaman critique but I like the priority que, gear and spec.

Curious what, if any, shaman forums you're using right now.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”