Burrdrenaaqt , Feral Tank

Baddies
Burrd
User

Burrdrenaaqt , Feral Tank

Postby Burrd » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:48 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 21 / Alabama

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Anywhere between 3pm - 12 am.

- Number of Testicles: 2

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: No

- Do any others have access to your account? No

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes

- How long have you played WoW: Was lvl 58 on first toon when TBC came out, so i think about 3 years almost 4

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Cleared TBC, Muru down Pre 2.4.3, KJ after 2.4.3. Immortal and Undying Naxx, Twilight Vanquisher, Death's Demise and Celestial Defender, Tribute to Insanity. Realm First Light of Dawn 15% buff, although i wasn't on the server long enough to have gotten the Realm First Achieve but i was there lol. 5/24/10 <No Chicks Allowed> US Crushridge Alliance.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Burrdrenaaqt, Druid

- Race & why did you choose it: Tauren, only available at the time. Although staying Tauren, can only see Troll being better for dps.

- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... rrdrenaaqt

- Can you describe the ruckus? the Ruckus is a Mo-Ped made by Honda :P

- Professions and why did you choose them: Jewelcrafting and Engineering. Jewelcrafting for the obvious reason better for any spec and class. Engineering was chosen when i was main spec dps and pvping. Before the recent changes to the Eng enchants i found it very nice for tanking with the Extra stam form helm chant and armor to gloves. currently on live i still find it useful even though the armor glove enchant is an on-use effect. In Cata i think it will be very nice with the Cogwheel sockets, and the Absorb belt enchant.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Feral Tank, Dual Spec Feral PvP currently, I used to main spec DPS but i changed my 277 tier back to tanking, and with the change to the Dodge reduc debuff gone in ICC, i changed my dps ring and rep ring/neck/boots to tanking. So my dps set is currently not complete.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Main Spec, i have seen a few Tank druids choose to use dps trinkets over dps offsets, which in my opinion is just something they wanted to do to look "Flashy". Why drop so much stam for dps procs which really wont benefit Bear. I chose to keep my stamina trinkets and use Agility ring/neck/belt/boots. More crit from all combined than 1 trinket, stamina difference is minor, more static AP rather than AP from a proc.
DPS as i stated before is currently not complete. If it were, gear choice now with changes would be towards max AGI and Crit + Haste. Would now ignore trying to reach hit and exp cap. Basically back to the Ulduar and ToC days. trinkets of choice would now be Heroic RS trinket and heroic Deaths Choice.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Main Spec,
Prime: Mangle, Berserk, Lacerate. Mangle for the increased damage = more threat per mangle. Berserk for increased duration = more mangles = more threat. Lacerate for increased critical chance = more threat.

Major: Maul, Frenzied Regen, Rebirth. Maul gives the extra targets hit for more AoE threat because we all know AoE tanking is shit now. Frenzied Regen for the increased healing recieved when used, less pressure on healers. Rebirth, there was really only one other choice of glyph which was the Faerie Fire glyph, which increases its range by 10 yards, i found it to not be very useful. I know as a tank i wouldn't be using it that often, but i find it will be nice to have, say if i am needed to rebirth someone they will return with full HP so there is no concern for him/her when they res.

Minor: Unburdened Rebirth, Challenging Roar, Mark of the Wild. Unburdened Rebirth as it says, free Rebirths. Challenging Roar for reduced CD, MotW for reduced mana cost.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Uh none lol, i left my arena teams before end of season. I do however have 2200 3s achieve for season 8, i got this playing Feral/Rogue/Priest

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Most recent hardcore raiding guild was <No Chicks Allowed> US Crushridge Alliance (US 18 according to WoWprogress for ICC). Left to play on Zul'jin with some friends. Did some minor raiding there nothing serious, mainly just pvped.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Image
I like to keep my UI simple with as few addons as possible, i also have Dot timers i forgot to show, and use Power Auras.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): I currently do not having any reports that i can find. If i was able to they would prob be about 3 months old.

- Alts & their name/level: None on Andorhal. Boxxybabee 80 rogue on Zul'jin.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Don't have Either. I can provide a Cell phone number to Officers and GM if needed.

-How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Pelinel

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I have been wanting to get back into raiding for Cataclysm, yet i haven't looked into many guilds. Pelinel had mentioned to me you guys were in need of a Feral Tank.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? To be completely honest i cannot tell you the exact hardware i have. I did not build this comp myself. I'm not very computer friendly lol. I just know how to protect is from viruses/trojans/etc, and keep it up-to-date. I can say i get 60-70 FPS in raids during boss fights.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1047073706.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
ok so i didn't draw everything, but the pic is spot on :PPPPPPPP

Burrd
User

Postby Burrd » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:56 am

So i realized saying i don't know much about my computer specs prob looks bad, SO I DECIDED TO EDUCATE MYSELF. :)

Operating System:
Windows 2.6.1.7600

CPU Type:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550 Processor

CPU Speed (GHz):

System Memory (GB): 4

Video Card Model:
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:02 am

Experience looks good :D. Although a ui screen shot in a raid setting looks better then sitting in org :P.
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Burrd
User

Postby Burrd » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:32 am

holyshoot wrote:Experience looks good :D. Although a ui screen shot in a raid setting looks better then sitting in org :P.

True, I'll try and get into a pug over the weekend.

broette
User

Postby broette » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:23 am

Can you explain some of your enchants for me?
  • Shoulder- I'm assuming that since you've been away for a while you didn't notice the change. Can you research and explain what you would change your shoulder enchant to?
  • Gloves- Even with a 30% buff, 18 stamina is not the best effective health enchant for a bear, especially with the nerf to bear health. What would you change this to?
  • Chest- Previously, 18 stamina to chest was the best effective health enchant, but with the new Savage Defense changes, what would you change this to?

You seem aware that with the buffed stamina on items that were previously intended for melee DPS and the added value of agility for bear, items such as you neck and ring are the new best-in-slot. What are your thoughts on your current cloak and your non-agility ring?

In reference to the way you reforge mastery: how do you choose which stat to reforge to mastery? It seems that you're reforging all the haste on items to mastery. Do you do any theorycrafting on the dimishing return of crit with low haste? Have you done any testing on Savage Defense uptimes with different levels of haste or crit?

How have you prepared for Cataclysm? Have you done any preparation for new encounters? Have you looked at the best enchants, gems, etc? Are you aware of how overpowered Leatherworking is for tanking as of now? If so, do you plan on dropping a profession for Leatherworking?

Veloxic
User

Re: Burrdrenaaqt , Feral Tank

Postby Veloxic » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Guild feral here, had a few questions about your app.

Burrd wrote:- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Feral Tank, Dual Spec Feral PvP currently, I used to main spec DPS but i changed my 277 tier back to tanking, and with the change to the Dodge reduc debuff gone in ICC, i changed my dps ring and rep ring/neck/boots to tanking. So my dps set is currently not complete.

I totally get that, but one of the biggest aspects that ferals bring to a guild/raid is flexibility. Do you maintain two full sets at 100% are there empty slots fairly often for you?

Burrd wrote:Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Main Spec, i have seen a few Tank druids choose to use dps trinkets over dps offsets, which in my opinion is just something they wanted to do to look "Flashy". Why drop so much stam for dps procs which really wont benefit Bear. I chose to keep my stamina trinkets and use Agility ring/neck/belt/boots. More crit from all combined than 1 trinket, stamina difference is minor, more static AP rather than AP from a proc.
DPS as i stated before is currently not complete. If it were, gear choice now with changes would be towards max AGI and Crit + Haste. Would now ignore trying to reach hit and exp cap. Basically back to the Ulduar and ToC days. trinkets of choice would now be Heroic RS trinket and heroic Deaths Choice.

I understand that the balance between DPS items, agi, etc can be somewhat of to personal preference and that's ok. That said, I'm curious why you have the red gem(for the meta) in your belt when you'd gain +2 agi by putting it in your helm.

Your DPS stat priority also seems WAY off. Agi and Mastery should be your top 2 stats, with crit/haste being balanced around the first 2 stats. Even before mastery was a stat crit should have never been highly valued, due to crit cap being a fact of life for ferals in Wrath.

Burrd wrote:- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Main Spec,
Prime: (looks good no hard choices here)

Major: Maul, Frenzied Regen, Rebirth. Maul gives the extra targets hit for more AoE threat because we all know AoE tanking is shit now. Frenzied Regen for the increased healing recieved when used, less pressure on healers. Rebirth, there was really only one other choice of glyph which was the Faerie Fire glyph, which increases its range by 10 yards, i found it to not be very useful. I know as a tank i wouldn't be using it that often, but i find it will be nice to have, say if i am needed to rebirth someone they will return with full HP so there is no concern for him/her when they res.

Minor: (looks good no hard choices here)

Do you use the maul glyph for every fight? Also, please tell use your glyph choices for feral DPS(Prime/Major).

Burrd wrote:- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

Please tell us your attack/ability priorities for bear and cat.

Burrd wrote:I like to keep my UI simple with as few addons as possible, i also have Dot timers i forgot to show, and use Power Auras.

UI looks decent, but I'm curious what addon you use for dot/proc timers. Given the 4.0 changes, this is just as essential for tanking as it's been for DPS.

Burrd wrote:- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): I currently do not having any reports that i can find. If i was able to they would prob be about 3 months old.

Please find one or log one in a pug raid for us, logs of both DPSing and tanking would be excellent.

Burrd wrote:- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I have been wanting to get back into raiding for Cataclysm, yet i haven't looked into many guilds. Pelinel had mentioned to me you guys were in need of a Feral Tank.

How comfortable are you with feral DPS overall? I will likely be taking our feral tanking slot, but unless I'm wrong here we would still be looking for a feral DPS that can tank well when needed.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:57 pm

To clear things up, we are looking for a feral that can both dps and tank, having two capable feral tanks is fine in my eyes. In your previous guilds were you more in a offtank or main tank position? Do you count down pulls? Was there anything else to leaving no chicks allowed other than to play with friends that you'd be comfortable talking about here?

pelinel
User

Postby pelinel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:46 pm

I know adrena is capable of DPSing and tanking from my understanding we were mostly looking for a tank so i asked him to apply as so, i know he is very capapblke of doing both. But thats me saying that =P

Anyways, i dont know much about feral druids i do know that Adrena here has been out of hardcore or any type of raiding for a good 3 months or so and likely fell behind on theory craft etc etc since the new patch, Hes been a good friend of mine for almost 2 years now and I can vouch for him being one of the best players i have met in this game and one of if not the best feral druid i have met to date. I think that he is a great asset to our guild =P but thats not for me to decide.

Burrd
User

Postby Burrd » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:24 pm

broette wrote:Can you explain some of your enchants for me?
  • Shoulder- I'm assuming that since you've been away for a while you didn't notice the change. Can you research and explain what you would change your shoulder enchant to?
  • Gloves- Even with a 30% buff, 18 stamina is not the best effective health enchant for a bear, especially with the nerf to bear health. What would you change this to?
  • Chest- Previously, 18 stamina to chest was the best effective health enchant, but with the new Savage Defense changes, what would you change this to?

You seem aware that with the buffed stamina on items that were previously intended for melee DPS and the added value of agility for bear, items such as you neck and ring are the new best-in-slot. What are your thoughts on your current cloak and your non-agility ring?

In reference to the way you reforge mastery: how do you choose which stat to reforge to mastery? It seems that you're reforging all the haste on items to mastery. Do you do any theorycrafting on the dimishing return of crit with low haste? Have you done any testing on Savage Defense uptimes with different levels of haste or crit?

How have you prepared for Cataclysm? Have you done any preparation for new encounters? Have you looked at the best enchants, gems, etc? Are you aware of how overpowered Leatherworking is for tanking as of now? If so, do you plan on dropping a profession for Leatherworking?

Yes, i haven't noticed some of the changes made in all honesty was just sticking to what i knew/noticed lol.

-As for the shoulder enchant, the rep 20 dodge/22stam enchant is what i will change it too.
-Gloves, i had the Armor Webbing enchant from Eng which before the patch gave a static armor boost, which had more EH than the 18 stam ench. Now the Eng ench is on use and i just chose the ench i remember being 2nd best or the one to use if non-eng. I will be changing it to 20 agi.
-Chest, this was untouched when i was making gear changes, it should be 10 stats and will be changed.

My choices for cloak and ring, I believe the rep ring is still best to have, armor proc is very nice. Cloak, mainly using it for the hit it has, if i were to replace it, it would be for the Heroic Shadow Vault Slayers Cloak.

Reforging for tanking, can go different ways. I could either reforge for dodge or mastery. Currently on live mastery is what you need, in Cata for the first tier of raiding will be Reforging to all dodge with having items with static mastery.
Now and in Cata haste is the first stat to be chosen to reforge. Haste has always been a low valued stat for bear tanks. Less now yes, but still not valued high. With the change to Savage Defense proc from crit chance lowered, there is no reason to lose crit from reforging. On most items the only 2 choices givin to reforge are Crit or Haste.

I haven't done a whole lot of looking at encounters for Cata, i have watched videos and read up some on boss abilitys, but i haven't done anything about what strats are used. Leatherworking, i have considered dropping Eng for it multiple times, but I'm also a pvper lol which is why i kept Eng. If i am asked to, i will change to Leatherworking without question, i have no problem with it.

Veloxic wrote:I totally get that, but one of the biggest aspects that ferals bring to a guild/raid is flexibility. Do you maintain two full sets at 100% are there empty slots fairly often for you?

I think i might have worded my reasoning behind not having a complete dps set. When i did main spec dps i had a full set for DPS and tanking. Pelinel had told me you guys needed a feral "tank" so i regemed/enchanted gear to tanking and changed some dps items to tanking causing my DPS set to be incomplete. If as you stated i were to dps instead of tank, then i will again have a complete set for both tanking and dpsing.

Veloxic wrote:I understand that the balance between DPS items, agi, etc can be somewhat of to personal preference and that's ok. That said, I'm curious why you have the red gem(for the meta) in your belt when you'd gain +2 agi by putting it in your helm.

Your DPS stat priority also seems WAY off. Agi and Mastery should be your top 2 stats, with crit/haste being balanced around the first 2 stats. Even before mastery was a stat crit should have never been highly valued, due to crit cap being a fact of life for ferals in Wrath.

To where i put my red gem, i just didn't really pay close enough attention i guess, also i already had a Dragon's Eye gem in my helm so that pointed me away more so. Can easily be changed and i will do so.

Yes mastery i forgot about lol, like i said before i have been out of raiding for a good while now and was mainly pvping. In both aspects Mastery and Agi are the highest stat values needed. As to what i said about crit, it is like you said about balancing it with haste around Agi and Mastery, for example knowing if reforging crit to mastery or haste to mastery is better. I know crit cap was a "huge" issue for ferals in late ICC causing us to have to gem for exp/hit.

As Pelinel stated i haven't theory Crafted for sometime due to lack of raiding. If this does at all help, as i said i raided with <No Chicks Allowed>, they had and still have a feral druid named "Yawning", i assume Veloxic knows who i am referring too. He has taken over the Feral Dps Spread Sheet previously ran by "Toskk", he has also made his own simulator now. I raided with him for 2 years, we were in the same guild on Destromath before joining <No Chicks Allowed>. If for any reason i do seem uneducated on the current state of feral, it is because of that fact i haven't raided/theory crafted for 3+ months. I will again read up and begin my own theory crafting again to get caught up to speed.

Veloxic wrote:Do you use the maul glyph for every fight? Also, please tell use your glyph choices for feral DPS(Prime/Major).

Maul is a major glyph, only other replacements would be Feral Charge or Faerie Fire. Feral Charge rly don't use much for tanking and if i do its always up, no need for the reduced CD. Faerie Fire gives increased range, not really needed. If anything i would remove Maul Glyph for certain fights, i.e. Saurfang and LK, if i were to be tanking LK.

Dps Prime: Rip, Berserk, Shred.
Major: Feral Charge, Rebirth, Faerie Fire

Veloxic wrote:Please tell us your attack/ability priorities for bear and cat.

Bear:
1. Mangle / Berserk Procs
2. At least 1 Lacerate up
3. Swipe on CD
4. Lacerate as filler
5. Pulverize at 3 stack of Lacerate
6. FFF with low-rage situations
Maul is to be used as often as you can while your rage permits it.

What this means: Mangle is the absolute, number 1 priority. If Lacerate is not on the target, apply one stack. If swipe is off CD, use it. Lacerate for filler. If you have 3 stacks of Lacerate and Mangle and Swipe are on CD, use Pulverize. You do want to keep the Pulverize buff uptime as high as possible.

Cat:
- Keep Feral FF up
- Keep Mangle up, unless there is a bear or arms warrior in the group
- Keep Rake up, if Tiger's Fury and Rake refresh happens to line up, Rake with the Tiger's Fury buff up
- Keep a 5-point Rip up, and try to apply it when Tiger's Fury is up if possible, but do not trade more than 3.3 seconds worth of uptime for this.
- Keep Savage Roar up
- Use Ferocious Bite when Blood in the Water is active, can also use as a CP dump if Dot timers allow for it.
- Use Shred for combo points, always Shred for OOC procs
- Use Tiger's Fury on the cooldown

Veloxic wrote:UI looks decent, but I'm curious what addon you use for dot/proc timers. Given the 4.0 changes, this is just as essential for tanking as it's been for DPS.

I use "NeedToKnow" + "NeedToKnow Druid"(plugin created by Yawning)(http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... Druid.html) for my bleeds/roar timers. His plug-in adds in a visual-cast time overlay for energy pooling support. Also has a rip extension tracker.

For proc and debuff/buff timers i use Power Auras, clearcasting/stampede/trinkets/pulverize buff/speed pot/armor pot/etc.

Veloxic wrote:How comfortable are you with feral DPS overall? I will likely be taking our feral tanking slot, but unless I'm wrong here we would still be looking for a feral DPS that can tank well when needed.

Once i get into a few pugs/even just spam heroics, i feel i will be very comfortable dpsing. Pre 4.0 i preferred it over tanking. As of now i really don't have much preference, i will be comfortable playing either.

Nehraxus wrote:To clear things up, we are looking for a feral that can both dps and tank, having two capable feral tanks is fine in my eyes. In your previous guilds were you more in a offtank or main tank position? Do you count down pulls? Was there anything else to leaving no chicks allowed other than to play with friends that you'd be comfortable talking about here?

In <No Chicks Allowed> i was a Main Tank, i counted down pulls, i called out in vent when i used a survival CD and what CD would be next, whether it was my own CD or a healer CD. For example, Heroic LK, for Soulreaper i would call CD rotation, would say "SI used now", "My barkskin/enrage next" or "(healer name) Painsub next".

There was really no other reason for leaving, except that i was a little bored with raiding. I have no grudges against any of the members, i still talk with Yawning every once in a while.

sacira
User

Re: Burrdrenaaqt , Feral Tank

Postby sacira » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Burrd wrote:Player information:
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: No

As a tank?!

Velna
User

Postby Velna » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:39 pm

The no on sunday is kind of a deal breaker since we already have Carbon who can't do Sundays.

Burrd
User

Postby Burrd » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Velna wrote:The no on sunday is kind of a deal breaker since we already have Carbon who can't do Sundays.

Haha ya, Pelinel actually just said something to me about that. I didn't even noticed that Sunday was one of the raid days, what i get for not paying close enough attention. Why i said No on Sunday is not because i can't make raids, i like to take at least a day off WoW, lol hope that doesn't sound odd. I can change that day to Saturday or Friday, which ever is fine.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Burrd wrote:
Velna wrote:The no on sunday is kind of a deal breaker since we already have Carbon who can't do Sundays.

Haha ya, Pelinel actually just said something to me about that. I didn't even noticed that Sunday was one of the raid days, what i get for not paying close enough attention. Why i said No on Sunday is not because i can't make raids, i like to take at least a day off WoW, lol hope that doesn't sound odd. I can change that day to Saturday or Friday, which ever is fine.

we don't raid friday or saturday ever. that's why it says optional on the application.

Burrd
User

Postby Burrd » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:37 pm

Amye wrote:we don't raid friday or saturday ever. that's why it says optional on the application.

Well optional doesn't mean "never". Like I said, even though it may seem odd, its nice to take a day to just do nothing. "Be a couch potato", if you will. If for some reason, say for progression content a raid was scheduled for a Friday or Saturday, i would take the other day off.

Me saying no to Sunday was a mistake on my part by not noticing that it was a raid night. I am available Sundays and I can make Sunday raids.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:48 pm

oh it certainly means never. we don't even do like vanilla lol raids or anything on friday and saturday. :p

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”