-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Sometimes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account? No

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes

- How long have you played WoW: Since Vanilla.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla- Cleared MC and BWL to Nef.
BC- Cleared SSC, TK, BT, SWP
Wrath- Was on hiatus for a couple months (fun story if you want to hear it) so I started Wrath in Toc/ the end of Ulduar. So as far as progression I've progressed through ToC, ToGC, ICC (and ICC HMs), and RS!

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Karunk & Shaman

- Race & why did you choose it: Orc, originally chosen for looking so cool. Continued to keep it for Blood Fury

- Link to Armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Karunk

- Can you describe the ruckus?
THE WILD THINGS ROARED THEIR TERRIBLE ROARS AND GNASHED THEIR TERRIBLE TEETH!

- Professions and why did you choose them:
Engineering and Enchanting. Engineering was back from the vanilla days when professions didn't mater and imagine my glee when in Wrath it actually had utility.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
My primary spec is resto and my off spec is ele. If I'm not raiding I'm speced ele. It's fun healing 5 mans as ele, kill a pull before it gets to a tank and you don't have to heal much. I have raided end game as both resto and ele

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
My gear really speaks for itself. I do still need the heroic shield off of Marrowgar... I'm not deliberately using a directly inferior item out of choice. Since I have not been ele as a primary raid spec for some time I am supplementing some resto pieces for my ele set.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Resto:
-Prime - Earth Shield, Water Shield, Riptide (not using Earthlinging Weapon as it is a proc vs. the static gains from the other glyphs)
-Major - Ghost Wolf, Healing Stream, Chain Heal (not using Healing Wave because it is situational at best and heals far too small for it to be practical with the spells as they are now).
-Minor - Renewed Life, Water Breathing, Water Walking� because reagents are for suckers.

Ele:
-Prime - Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, Flame Shock (Flametongue Weapon is kind of a joke)
-Major - Chain lightning, Fire Nova, Lightning Shield (the decreased base damage on chain lightning takes it out of the single target rotation but makes it the balls for AoE.
-Minor - Renewed Life, Water Breathing, Water Walking� see above statement regarding suckers and reagents.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
I'm applying as a healer but I think this question is outdated as most dps classes I'm aware of use priority ques over rotations.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
Riptide- Keeping a hot on a tank is a priority depending on the fight. Otherwise it is for raid/ tank triage.
Greater Healing Wave - Currently this spell is too slow and costly to deal with the damage that is being dealt, if it is used it is with Nature's Swiftness for spike tank damage or cast before large predictable damage i.e. soul reaper.
Healing Surge- Primary triage spell for a few low raid members or a spiking tank.
Chain Heal- Heavy raid damage to the bulk of the raid.
Healing Wave- With current mana regen this is Mana Positive and it can be spammed with no mana loss. It doesn't heal for much but if the raid is topped off and the tank is taking routine damage this is useful to mash to keep Ancestral Healing and Ancestral Awakening active.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
Vanilla: First Sergeant.
Arena: blare� I did some 2v2 in BC with limited success, 1600-1700 but it wasn't loads of fun. I enjoy larger groups, mostly BGs and WG. Unfortunately most guilds I get involved with are more PvE focused and I've never really pushed heavy to find PvP buddies.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Hallowed: Current guild - Joined about a month ago and was under the impression that they needed a resto shaman (since they recruited me) but I've been sitting a lot and they have not addressed it. I don't mind being sat, that's part of making a good raid comp but I've also been a GM and officer and if someone expresses concern it is simply polite to give some type of feedback. So I'm leaving because I'm tired of being an outsider who isn't being addressed (I'm not that annoying recruit who's constantly bugging people but a "Hey man, we're sitting you tonight for X reason" would be nice.

Talisman: /heartbreak - this was a really talented group of people and they were working on HLK� we got to 35% on a Tuesday and Wednesday morning the officers posted that the guild was not going to raid anymore, not even in Cata� just done. So I left to raid.

Harlequins: I joined harlequins leaving a guild that was struggling with some easy boss mechanics and farmed content. Harlequins was doing good for a couple months but then it became clear that they were carrying some pretty poor performance personnel. They were operating under a pretense of people that have been there the longest obviously know the best and didn't listen to many of the raiders recommendations. They were losing people and backsliding at the time I left.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee16 ... 205527.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
Sadly these are farmed stuff logs and apologies, Hallowed was still bringing 5 healers for farmed content.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bm2t ... hd/source/

- Alts & their name/level:
Phright - 80 mage; Naturbull - 80 druid; Bloxymoron - 80 warrior; Karunkjr - 80 shaman (yes a 2nd one)

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected] � but honestly if I'm in front of my computer I'll be logged in.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Recruitment Forum, I don't know anyone in Simple Math� yet?

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Simple Math because a) I love math b) you're recruiting my class and c) you're also looking for a shadow priest, Malyse who has also applied is trying to get out of Hallowed with me, same reasoning.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS
during a 25-man raid?
Imac 27 inch
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4850
FPS: 20-60.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
Cable (Time Warner)

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
As I run on a mac I hope you're willing to accept my Paintbrush doodles in place of any MS Paint masterpiece.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Do you personally have issues with defile on H LK 25 or cutters on H Halion 25? What are your typical responsibilities as far as healing goes on both of these fights? If I assigned you to "raid" healing, what do you feel your other responsibilities would be for that fight? Did you cleanse the disease on H LK 25 prior to the recent patch? Did you raid sunwell on your shaman?

What mod do you use to track totems / shield timers? I'm going to have to disagree with you on the water shield glyph vs elw, which fights are you having mana issues on that would make water shield valuable? Curious about your boot enchant but I'm assuming it's an elemental piece as well. For your engineering gloves, do you use them on CD or do you save them for more of a predictable "intense oh shit" healing moment? How much reforging have you done with your resto set, which pieces have you reforged? Did you bloodlust in your current guild? Do you count down bloodlust?

I'm glad to see you're interested in elemental as well, do you feel confident in playing it from time to time? Is your elemental gear comparable item level wise to your resto set?

Karunk
User

Postby Karunk » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Thank you for the questions.

Re: HLK defile - I don't think I've personally every had much of a problem with it. I know of the couple of guilds I've been in there have been different approaches to dealing with it i.e. "everyone spread out" vs. "defile goes this way where all non-defiles go opposite."

cutters on H-Halion - certainly learning the fight the first couple of attempts it was a new mechanic but since then it hasn't been much of a problem. I would say the single most important part for that fight would be good tank communication as for when he/she is beginning to rotate so everyone can know where to be. I've actually rotated ahead (right side of the dragon) as well as behind (left side of the dragon) the cutters depending on guild strat.
For actual healing assignments I've been P2-3 tank healer as well as P2 raid heals and/or P3 tank/raid heals i.e. I've done it all on RS. I have been in charge of dispels on Halion and in charge of dispels on HLK, pre 4.0.1.

I did raid sunwell on my shaman.

Tracking totems - as far as timers I just use the stock bliz UI (under character frame) for tracking when one has been destroyed and such.
For earth shield I track it on Grid. Water Shield I use Tellmewhen. Boot enchant, yes that was an oversite from when I was using those for ele. I have the 277 Necrophotic Greaves but like the haste on Earthsoul Boots more.

Cooldowns: my engineering glove enchant as well as glowing twilight scale, I have two sets of macros, one where I just have them locked into my spells to cast when they're off CD and another if there is a fight with real predictable raid damage like HLK transition to 1.5 or 2.5 or Halion transition to P2. For trash I just keep them locked to my heals because trash right now is mindless.

Reforging resto - I have done very little because I would like to reforge haste and fortunately or not most my current pieces have haste so I was only able to reforge my pants and neck (the neck is left over from when Ele was my main spec and it has BiS haste so I have been trying to replace it but I'm not terribly upset that I haven't.

Currently I'm not the "go-to guy" for bloodlust because they have their regulars that they use. I would be very comfortable using it in a raid setting and if a count down was needed I'd be happy to count down, if you'd like I could even do it in my smoothest Barry White voice.

I'm very comfortable playing elemental. I really like the changes that 4.0.1 has brought about, some of the procs are really nice and make it fun as well as improved dps. As far as gear, It is a mix of 264-277 gear, not as high of an item level as my resto set on average but it should be competitive for end game content. Obviously there would be some gem, reforging, etc. changes that I'd make if I were to play ele full time.

Karunk
User

Postby Karunk » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Water Shield vs. Earthliving Weapon Glyph. I was saving some time for that response then forgot it in all my other responses.

You have a great point in that I'm really not ever having mana issues in any fight so there's no reason to NEED Water Shield as a prime glyph. I know ELW was very glitchy and nerfed pre 4.0 and since it has been buffed as well as being affected by crit and haste. All theorycrafting (Totemspot and elitistjerks) I've read has ELW as the lowest coefficient of healing of any ability which is why I haven't tried it out. But, again, you're right, having no current mana issues there's no reason not to try it out.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:35 pm

able to get on vent and have a talk with us on sunday evening, around 11 1130 est?

Karunk
User

Postby Karunk » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Sunday evening sounds great.

Greyknight
User

Postby Greyknight » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Seems like a good app in general. No questions lol

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”