Pahimar - Balance Druid - (Transfer Application)

Baddies
Pahimar
User

Pahimar - Balance Druid - (Transfer Application)

Postby Pahimar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 26, Ontario, Canada
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): I am on from about 5pm EST to 1am EST
- Number of Testicles: 2 last I checked....brb....
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Sometimes
-- Saturday (optional): Sometimes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Consistently I have been playing since May 2008
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I did very little raiding in TBC, which Kara and ZA being the only raids I was in at the time. In WotLK I have done;
- 10/25 Naxx
- 10/25 Malygos
- 10/25 Ulduar, 10m Drake but limited 25m HM experience when it was current content
- 5/5 10m ToGC (Insanity)
- 5/5 25m ToGC (Tribute to Mad Skill, I missed Insanity because of my car accident)
- 11/12 10m HM ICC (LK to 36%)
- 11/12 25m HM ICC (LK to 66%)

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Pahimar, Balance Druid
- Race & why did you choose it: As of WotLK, Druids were limited in their racial selection :) Depending on the new racial abilities in Cata I might switch to Troll
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Pahimar
- Can you describe the ruckus? Were you aware that Bird is The Word?
- Professions and why did you choose them: Tailoring for the spellpower cloak proc, Jewelcrafting for the spellpower gems
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Balance main spec, Resto off spec. I don't play my Resto spec near as much anymore so I am planning to build a feral tank spec with T10 gear for my offspec.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Balance. The goal is to get 42% self buffed crit in raid and have over 400 haste rating. After that it is stack spellpower as much as possible, while still valuing some crit and haste (haste is slightly better than crit at these gear levels). The currently logged out spec is a Nibelung spec for use in fights when my Valks will not die. My ideal spec is a MH/OH combination however I have had bad luck in seeing the Shadow Silk Spindle drop. Resto. Get Haste over the GCD and stack spellpower.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Balance: Moonfire, Starfire, and Starfall. Moonfire Dot damage is increased and the duration is prolonged via Starfire, and Starfall is now a 1min CD vs a 90s CD which is a massive dps increase. Resto: Wild Growth, Rapid Rejuvenation, and Swiftmend. Rejuv's tick faster, Wild Growth hits more people and Swiftmend does not use up my Rejuv on it's target.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Currently I open up with Force of Nature about 1-2 seconds before the tank gains aggro on the boss. Most fights last longer than 3 minutes so I like to try to maximize the number of times I can utilize my treants. I pre-pot with a Potion of Wild Magic to assist in getting an Eclipse proc as quickly as possible after the initial pull.
If I need to run in to get into initial position (Rotface for example) I open with FF, IS, Starfall (if appropriate), and MF. If movement is not necessary (Saurfang for example) I open with FF, Starfall (if appropriate), Wrath, MF and then Wrath until Eclipse . Wrath is cast before the MF because it's damage is done when it lands. In the time the spell takes to travel to the target, if MF is cast immediately following it will land after the MF DoT has been applied allowing my Idol to proc up more applications of it's crit buff. MF is the last DoT to be placed as I am attempting to proc a Lunar Eclipse as quickly as possible, and a re-application of MF during a Lunar Eclipse is a dps loss (I do not re-apply IS during a Lunar Eclipse unless on the tail end there is not enough time to get a final Starfire cast before the end of the eclipse). DoTs are refreshed between Eclipses as necessary, or during a period of movement when I cannot cast anything else (Typhoon/Starfall/Force of Nature on CD). I may re-apply IS during a Lunar Eclipse as necessary as since I am over the haste soft cap Wrath becomes a GCD spell.
Prior to a known Bloodlust call, I will save my treants to be cast before it so they will benefit from the haste increase. During BL my goal is to get a Lunar Eclipse ASAP, at which point I will pop a Potion of Speed to get my Starfires to a lower cast time in order to maximize my dps for the BL.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
For my off spec I was normally asked to raid heal, so my rotation mostly consisted of keeping Rejuv's up on the raid and using Wild Growth while it was on CD. My restoration offspec is now more geared towards Resto PvP since as the ICC buff went up my need to offheal diminished.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): In Ulduar I was in a 2s that reached 1400 (I know, earth shattering!). It was with a hunter that wanted a resto druid and didn't care that I was in PvE gearing. I had been in a new set of 2s and 3s about two weeks ago but my partners left when our guild fell apart.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Cynosure (H Drak'Tharon) - Reform of Aggression, fell apart from attendance issues
Aggression (H Drak'Tharon) - Left to reform into Cynosure after our GM disappeared after getting his Shadowmourne
Bacardi (H Lothar) - Left the server because of massive lag issues while raiding (server wide issues), and because of disagreeing with the officer core

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://cynoguild.com/members/pahimar/TestingBigWigs.jpg <- screenshot of me testing BigWigs in our 10m HM LK fights to determine if we wanted to use it over DBM
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:
Cynosure logs: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/71631/
Aggression logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/32942/calendar/05-10/
A notable one (Rotface at 20% buff): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-07xvf ... 833&e=8045
- Alts & their name/level:
Pahrizzah, 80 DK
Magimar, 80 Mage
Bahimar, 75 Hunter
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I do not know anyone in Simple Math other than speaking with Grouch briefly last night. I found out Simple Math was looking for a Balance druid from your page on Wowprogress
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Back in 3.1 I had a post up in the WoW recruitment forums when I was mainspec Resto and Simple Math approached me to join up. I was happy to hear that Simple Math wanted a Balance druid this time around as I really liked Simple Math at the time when I was looking for a guild when I was resto (reason for not coming was I stayed on server to help friends)
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Intel i7 920Quad Core at 2.67GHz, 12gb of DDR3 RAM, eVGA 275GTX nVidia graphics card, 2x500Gb Seagate harddrives in RAID 0, with an 640Gb external doing nightly backups (including my WoW folder), 22" Samsung SyncMaster LCD monitor (5ms). Typical FPS in a raid is above 40fps
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
Cable internet. 10mb/s down and 512kb/s up
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
http://cynoguild.com/members/pahimar/PaintOwlkin.png which is my MS Paint rendition of this screenshot of mine http://cynoguild.com/members/pahimar/RealOwlkin.jpg

Nordiah
User

Postby Nordiah » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:54 pm

I'm sorry you had to play on Lothar, that server was bad when I left in BC and I've heard its only gotten worse.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm

able to get on vent and have a talk with us thursday night around 1130 - 12 est?

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:24 pm

also curious about your experience with lk 25 hm, you say 66%, are you comfortable with defile placement? I also see you're interested in making a tank set, is tanking something that you would be particularly interested in doing?

Pahimar
User

Postby Pahimar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:29 pm

This Thursday will be bad for me as it is Canada Day and I will be out of the city. Tonight or Friday work better for me, and I can be there before/after raid times to talk.

As for a feral tank set; I have not had any real feral experience since TBC (was my offspec at the time) so I imagine after some practice I should be alright. Balance is my passion currently at the moment but willing to fill the needs of the guild as needed :)

Pahimar
User

Postby Pahimar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Missed the Defile question; yes I feel comfortable with Defile placement (kitty sprint macro ftw). Our failures were mostly due to a lack of DPS on the Valks or bad stuns. We honestly just never got well into P2 in Cynosure to perfect that, mostly because of a small group of people that couldn't master their performance in P1.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:45 pm

how would sunday or monday night work? same times.

Pahimar
User

Postby Pahimar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Both those times work for me. I'll be around tonight on alts or my main as well. Looking forward to speaking with you :)

Greyknight
User

Postby Greyknight » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:13 pm

more canadians......feeling less and less unique.

How do u feel about the french canadians? answer carefully......also you left the server/guild of Barcardi because of server wide lag issues and from a disagreement with officers, can you elaborate on that? What disagreement was it, how was it handled, and how did u react in that situation.

Pahimar
User

Postby Pahimar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:23 pm

I do not have any issue with any Canadians (or any person for that matter), be they French or English. Myself I am raised English but I spent time working in Ottawa with fluently bilingual people and they were great. The language one speaks in is not a measure of who they are as a person, but rather their actions.

As for the disagreement, it was mostly two fold. Over time the loot council of Bacardi had become more biased towards the officers of the guild as opposed to being fair in its decisions to the raiding core itself. I do understand giving some preference to officers to reward them for the sacrifices they make in order to make a raiding guild function but over time the general perception had changed from fairness to favoritism. Gear was not my concern (I'm here to complete the content to the best of my ability), however gear was an issue to several other raiders and it created a fair amount of strife between the core and the officers.

The other factor was over time the GM/RL had become more and more aggressive towards members of the guild. He lost his professionalism as time went on and eventually was prone to shouting matches with some raiders over Vent during encounters; not a really healthy raiding environment. I have since learned of some real life issues that had been going on in his life, but over time it became clear that it just wasn't a healthy raiding environment to be in so I looked for other opportunities (that and the lag was crippling our progression).

I don't want to seem like I am bashing them as I don't resent them and I do wish them the best, and I wasn't happy about leaving them as they had some great people there that I miss, but leaving was for the best for me and I've had some great experiences since :)

Nordiah
User

Postby Nordiah » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Elemntlpanda is still GM right? I heard that guy was a huge faggot so I can vouch for you.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm going to be looking for you on your server tonight, if you're around on those times listed look for one of us ingame as well.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”