Player information:
- Age & Location: 30, Minneapolis
- Number of Testicles: 0
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? yes
- How long have you played WoW: September 2005
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

All while current...
ZG/MC/Ony/BWL/AQ20/part of AQ40 with <Adrenaline Rush> (quit until BC)
Kara/Gruul/Mag/SSC/TK/Hyjal/BT/SWP with <Beatdown Brigade> (guild died)
Naxx25/OS/EoE with <Invidious> (didn't want to raid there anymore)
Ulduar with <Vicarious> (Celestial Defender, first time in a top 20 guild, guild died)
ToGC with <Og> (Grand Crusader, US 15)
ICC with <Og> (US 67)
BWD/BoT/TotFW with <Og> (US ~60's)
Firelands with <Og> (guild died on Rag, got kill in next guild)
DS with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> (US 61)
MV/HoF/ToES with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> (US ~30's)
ToT with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> (US 34)
SoO with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> (US 20)
Highmaul/BRF with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> (US ~70's)
HFC with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> (US 70)
EN with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> (US 71)
ToV with <OBSCURE REFERENCE> (didn't want to raid there anymore, took a break til Antorus, missed NH and ToS prog)
Antorus with <Vigil> (US 415)
Uldir with <Vigil> (US 310)
BoD with <Vigil> (best Jaina pull is 10%)

I'm looking to leave Vigil because my officer core has burned out to me and one other guy. That other guy offered to raid lead Jaina and did a great job. However now he too knows how taxing it can be and has been offered a spot in WuS. I don't want to lead a guild by myself and I don't think anyone else has what it takes to step up. So after my officer leaves next week I'll be looking for a new home myself. Here's hoping we get Jaina next week.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Sacer, priest
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... jin/sacers
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? I currently main holy priest. I have mained disc priest, holy paladin, prot paladin, and ret paladin in the past. I don't currently play any of these specs in raids.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:

Holy has a very simple toolkit which has been helpful when I've had to raid lead the past few tiers.
It has four spells to essentially keep on cooldown, as long as there is some amount of damage out: PoM, CoH, and 2 holy words. Outside of that you can use flash heal for triage healing, PoH for massive raid healing, and smite when damage is super low or non-existant. Holy has 2 raid cooldowns so it's important to try to plan out their use ahead of time to counter high raid wide damage without overlapping your other healers. While I've been leader I like to plan out the entire team's cooldowns using google sheet and WCL. Jeathe has a great video on this but essentially you can check logs for damage spikes, grab their time stamps, and optimally map your team's cooldowns around these time stamps.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):

Non-azerite is item level > mastery > crit.
For azerite I aim to have at least one of the following: Word of Mending, Prayerful Litany, Blessed Sanctuary, and Bonded Souls. I recently reshuffled my azerite around to grab some strong defensives for Jaina. My goal was to get Resounding Protection or Impassive Visage while also meeting the requirements above.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?

For very general information such as stat and azerite weights I use Jak's website.
For real life implementation I deep dive into high ranked or well trusted logs of other priests. Doing this you can see things like spell break down, cooldown usage, and popular talents/trinkets/azerite. If I find something very odd (like rank 1 holy nova priest) I search priest discord or PoV videos for an explanation.
For my own improvement I think wow analyzer is a great tool. It tells me how much I can improve keeping my important spells on cd, how much down time I have, and how much certain talents contribute to my overall healing.
One thing I started doing in Uldir which has been tremendously useful is streaming my own play so I can go back the next day and evaluate myself and my raid team. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out things on the fly or in the moment and streaming is a great tool to see things that WCL can't show very well.

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?

History - Just like your guild I have a very long history in the high end raid scene. Ever since I started playing this game in highschool all I wanted to do was raid. I entered the high end raid scene in Ulduar and left in Nighthold. I've progressed on and killed almost every boss this game has to offer while always being a strong member of my current team. I was semi well known during MoP in the priest community but that was a long time ago now.

Playstyle - In the past I was all about ranks. So while I know what it takes to get high healer ranks that kind of playstyle doesn't benefit a struggling progression guild. My playstyle now is to focus on supporting my team however I can especially one off or tough jobs. This means being top on dispels, focusing priority targets, saving my cooldowns where maybe it's not optimal for me but will save my team. This kind of support mentality eventually led to me becoming healing officer and raid leader in Vigil.

Leadership - I've built up and led a guild almost by myself since Antorus. Leadership has a ton of responsibility. I keep the roster size healthy using wowprogress, recruitment discord, and personal references. I look for and supply resources to my guild before we start pulling a boss. Things like linking the latest Fatboss video, linking new and useful WA's, planning healing cooldowns ahead of time, and planning a strat ahead of time. I analyze wipes and fuck ups of others and myself in real time using WCL and later in the night and the next day using twitch streams. If a strat is not working for my team I dig through dozens of logs finding tricks we can use to make it easier for people struggling. I farm 20 vantus runes every week and organize flask donations for cauldrons at the start of every tier. I distrubute loot and deal with personal drama. I really took for granted how much work leadershp is while I was a backseat raider for many years. I know my Argus and G'huun kills were low ranked but those were my first CE kills as a raid leader and so I'm very proud that they happened at all! Both took an incredible amount of time and effort. Overall I'm looking to move away from leadership because of how taxing it is but it was still fun to see if I could be successful.

Attitude - I'm still very passionate about WoW and raiding. As I covered a bit already I'm 100% a team player and will do whatever it takes to make the raid a good experience for the guild as a whole. You'll never hear me bitch about the latest patch, my class being bad, or wiping on an end boss for the hundreth time. If I need to swap specs, characters, be benched, or play a special role for the team I'm always up for the challenge.

References - If you have any question about what kind of person or player I am I'd highly recommend you reach out to anyone on my team. I've made lifelong friendships in this game I think because I'm a nice person and an above average player. My current team respects the hell out of me which honestly surprised me because I didn't think I'd make a very good leader. My good friends, who are also ex-high end raiders, would vouche for me for anything.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/413194018
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y1gyCvRrVFwGHJ8M/
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? i7-7700K, 16.0 GB, GTX 1060, ~80 FPS (can upgrade hardware anytime if it's slow)
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?

I think your long history is very cool. I remember competing with you guys going back many expansions. I'll be honest I don't know much about the inner workings of your guild outside of that. My personal reasons, and why I'm really hoping we're a good fit for eachother, are: I'm looking to come back to Mal'ganis permanently, every end tier boss I find myself craving playing the game with a higher quality team like I used to, and finally your T/W/Th 12 hour schedule is very appealing to me. I'm looking to come back to Mal'ganis because my alts, my husband's characters, and about 1.5M of my gold is still there. Simple Math is my first choice for the above reasons but if you choose not to trial me I'll likely try to come back to Mal'ganis anyways.

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.

* moving soon, should have fiber

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Mindalus
User

Re: Holy Priest

Postby Mindalus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:27 am

We are going to pass on this application at this time. Good luck in your guild search!

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”