User

Arrexander - Windwalker Monk

Postby arrexander » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Player information:

- Age & Location:
26, Columbus, OH

- Number of Testicles:
Two small ones.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
I do use it, must max out the bag spaces.

- How long have you played WoW:
I’ve been playing WoW since 2006.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
BoD: 3/9M 9/9H Uldir: 4/8M 8/8H
In Legion, I received every AoTC with a few scattered mythic kills/progression. I returned to Legion after a break throughout half of MoP and WoD due to a career change, so Legion for me was primarily about relearning how to be a high-end player. I don’t feel the need to bore anyone with the “back in the day” BC/WotLK raiding stories.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
It’s nothing personal against my present guild, but it's just not an environment where I can grow as a player. I really want to step past the tier of pseudo-mythic raiding guilds into a place I can postulate for the longhaul. Prior to my present guild, I was with <Here’s the Kicker> on Sargeras at the start of BfA, but they, unfortunately, fell apart very early into the tier.

Character Information:
- Name & Class:
Arrexander – Windwalker Monk

- Link to battle.net Armory:
https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/c ... Arrexander

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?
I main Windwalker, but I’m proficient in both other specs. I only tend to play my offspecs when I need to fill holes or just want to mix it up. I currently don’t have a need to play them often because there isn’t a need for me to, but if the requirement is there I would invest a substantial amount more of effort.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
WWs don’t have a set rotation, but a priority surrounding keeping up the mastery ability. The key to maximizing DPS is ensuring that every Storm, Earth, and Fire you can get a FoF, Whirling Dragon Kick, and a minimum of two Rising Sun Kicks. Resources must be properly managed to make sure that Rising Sun Kick, FoF, and Whirling Dragon kick are used as soon as they’re off CD.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
WW weights are Currently Agi>Vers>Mastery=Crit>Haste
I tend to cycle Harlan's Dice and Galecaller's Boon Depending on how movement heavy the fight is.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
I spend a lot of time in the monk discord and constantly sim through Raidbots to test out different stat weights and trinket synergy. But as I’ll touch on in the next questions, but I rely heavily on my own logs in comparisons to others’ to isolate where and how I can improve.

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
I’m a dedicated player and I constantly seek improvement through any means necessary. I usually begin by answering the question “How can I take less damage?” Maybe it’s understanding a mechanic better or just better Touch of Karma/Diffuse Magic timing. After examining the damage, I audit DPS logs through WoWanalyzer to shame myself if any combo strike breaks occurred. If my DPS numbers still aren't where they should be I look to micro abilities better to maximize cleave and think of how to increase uptime. In general, I’m very self-hating when it comes to numbers and logs, regardless of how I perform I’m a firm believer there’s something that could be done better.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:

- Logs from warcraftlogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... Arrexander

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
i7 7820x, GTX 1080ti, 32GB 3400MHz ram. I’m never below 60 FPS except for when addons are wonky on patch days, but it’s always fixable by turning off Elvui.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I have fun playing the game when activities are more challenging, and the evidence is there to support this is a group that feels the same. The primary reason for my interest is the amount of time your guild has been around. I’ve been in too many “startup” guilds since the start of Legion and want to postulate somewhere that’s stood the test of time. I’m looking to go somewhere for the long run, even if it means having to spend a tier of a bench waiting for a spot, rerolling, or whatever it takes.

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8105516354
Speed is a little slow today, but my ping is always fine. I’m getting throttled since I hit my data threshold today and it resets tomorrow. Either way, it still doesn't cause lag and if it were to I'd pay the overcharge to extend my bandwidth.

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).
All of us after we take Jaina’s derivative for CE. (Couldn’t avoid at least one bad math pun being a Mathematics major)

Mindalus
User

Re: Arrexander - Windwalker Monk

Postby Mindalus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:35 pm

We’re going to pass on this app at this time. Best of luck in your guild search!

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”