matgonza
User

Mage-Frost/Fire/Arcane

Postby matgonza » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:30 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 25, Indiana
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: I played on and off during BC/WotLK, and Cata. Have been playing currently since the start of Legion
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Cutting Edge Xavius. AoTC: ToV, 6/10 Mythic NH. 8/9 Mythic ToS, Cutting Edge: Argus US 106
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Guiles Theme Song-Mal'Ganis

I joined Guiles Theme Song during Antorus. When I joined them, they were on Kin'Gorath progression. After my performance on their farm kills for my trial week, they asked me to stay for their progression on Kin'Gorath as well. Since that day I have only sat for 2 progression kills. I was asked to sit for Varimathras since the officer core had a very specific set up in mind for that boss that did not include two mages. The second progression fight that I sat on was Mother in Uldir. I was asked to sit for this fight in order to make room for a second Demon Hunter for the double darkness strategy. I was also asked to sit for Zul the Reborn recently, but that was not a time that they managed to get the actual kill. I was asked to sit for this fight so that we were able to class stack rogues. In legion, Guiles Theme Song achieved US 106 Argus the Unmaker. I learned a lot from this guild and believe that I improved greatly as a player and a teammate. I am searching for a new guild due to the fact that the majority of the officer crew has called it quits due to several key members leaving for personal reasons and the officers did not want to rebuild at this time.

Regency-Mal'Ganis

I joined Regency when they were on Mistress progression in Tomb of Sargeras. I was in for every progression kill from Mistress to Avatar. Basically once I joined Regency, I was the starting mage for every fight and sat on farm at times to rotate other raiders in. This guild started out okay but seemed to be plagued with inner turmoil. The officers could never come to a concise decision without wasting a large chunk of raid time. There were also members in the guild that were not willing to put forth any effort into learning the intricacies of their class or the boss fight. This led to a lot of players underperforming. We managed to kill Avatar and had 2 weeks to attempt Kil'Jaeden progression. The officers decided to not push for the KJ kill due to the boss being "too hard to kill". When that decision was made I decided to look for a different guild and was invited to Guiles Theme Song for a trial after a period of searching.

Seraph-Mal'ganis

This is the same as Regency. Seraph was a multi-team guild and a portion of the guild split and formed Regency.

W A R S O N G B O Y S - Area 52

I joined this guild for a short time during Tomb of Sargeras. When I joined they had just killed Sisters for the first time. I was brought in for the second Sisters kill and also progressed and killed the Desolate Host. After the Desolate Host kill, I was pulled aside and notified that even though I was performing better than their resident mage I would get very little progression time. This was because their other mage was a good friend of the GM and they "did not want to hurt his feelings." Once that happened, I decided that this guild was not the right fit for me and decided to move on.

Pogs Anonymous- Bleeding Hollow

I joined Pogs Anonymous when a group of friends left my previous guild and transferred to Bleeding Hollow. We had been part of a guild on Tichondrius. This guild started in Nighthold and we ended at 6/10 Mythic with multiple 1% wipes on Star Augar Etraeus. This guild was very much a group of friends who played the game pretty casually. I decided to leave to pursue harder pushing guilds with the goal of Cutting Edge achievements.

Raid Ready- Tichondrius.

This was my first guild when I came back to WoW. I joined the guild with the simple goal of raiding on a mythic level. We achieved Cutting Edge Xavius the night before the achievement was removed. The next day a group of friends within the guild decided to leave. I was invited to move servers with that group and took that opportunity.

Random Guilds-

I played a little during Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cata. I did not play to any extent worth mentioning. I was very young and don't really remember any of the playing that I did at that time.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Matgonza-Mage
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... s/Matgonza
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Frost is currently my Main spec. I can play both Arcane and Fire. I haven't played fire yet this expansion since it was subpar for the start. Now that it has received some buffs I am looking forward to getting into it. I played a lot of fire in Legion so I have the spec down pretty decently. I play Arcane once in a while, typically for things like questing. I can play it in raid but typically prefer frost or fire.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Frost: Your APL is Comet Storm>Frozen Orb>Blizzard if 2+ targets>Ice Lance>Glacial Spike/Brain Freeze proc/Ice Lance>Frost Bolt. If you get to a Glacial Spike and do not have a Brain Freeze proc you can continue spamming frostbolt in hope of a proc or cast an Ebonbolt if available to proc Brain Freeze.
For Arcane it is a burn vs conserve phase. In burn phase you pop your CDs and spam Arcane Blast. Outside of conserve you want to get as many Arcane Blasts off with 4 charges while maintaining 30%-50% mana. You will also use your Arcane Missle procs as the come unless you are in Arcane Power. You use your Arcane Barrage to clear stacks while in conserve phase.

For Fire you will use your fireball casts to fish for hot streaks so that you can use your instant pyro. You do this by casting fireball and when you get a Heating Up proc, you cast a fireball and use your Fire Blast mid cast to cause Hot Streak, you then cast your instant Pyro as soon as your fireball cast is complete. During Combustion/RoP you want to ensure that you get your Meteor to hit and that you get as many pyros in as possible. This is done by chaining pyro crits with Fire Blasts. You can also you Scorch if needed to generate another crit for a pyro.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): I use raidbots to sim all gear that I get. For frost you will generally gear towards crit/haste/vers. For Arcane the stats are very fluid so you will need to sim your gear and ensure that you are wearing the best stats at that time. Fire can change depending on the fight. For a fight where you use Flame Patch you will gear towards haste. If you are not using Flame Patch you can gear towards mastery for the huge ignites.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Warcraftlogs, Class discord, and Altered Time is where I get most of my information.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I come to every boss prepared. I ensure that I have done all my research via video or log analysis. I also pride myself on learning mechanics quickly and rarely making a mechanical mistake. I am also very social and enjoy getting to know my guild mates and shoot the shit with them in discord whenever possible.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... s/matgonza
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? Ryzen 5 1600, 1060, 16GB 3000 Corsair RAM, SSD.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I saw your post in the Mage Discord. After reading that and your wowprogress page you guys seemed like a really good fit for me, a bunch of friends fooling around who also happen to be good at killing bosses.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/7725265129
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

If you have any questions you can also reach out to me on discord at matgonza#6887

Clammy
User

Re: Mage-Frost/Fire/Arcane

Postby Clammy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:33 pm

The paint is spot on ;^)

Dippindots
User

Re: Mage-Frost/Fire/Arcane

Postby Dippindots » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:54 pm

We currently are full on mages, so I wouldnt be able to offer you a guaranteed raid spot. Going to pass at this time. Best of luck in your guild search.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”