- Age & Location: 26/ Tulsa, OK
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Started playing in Fall 2008, but skipped MoP and Legion
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Yogg 25, LK 10H. 6/8M + 6/10M in WoD
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
<Regicide> Blackrock : Blew up in HM bc of absentee RL and the people left in charge couldn't bear the load
<Last Chapter> Zuluhed : Bad performance in BRF lead to core members leaving. Not long after we filled those spots, our GM/RL went to jail w/o anyone the wiser. Guild stopped raiding
<Lethal> Thunderhorn: Recruited/trialed/joined prior to HFC. Had a death in the family the week N/H HFC released. I communicated it all to the GM and RL, but I think they were worried I was going to be unreliable (first raid week I missed the whole xpac btw). Couldn't perform as DPS like I could as tank so I stopped raiding.
- Name & Class:
Disbelieve - Blood DK
- Link to battle.net Armory:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Disbelieve
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?
MS: Blood, OS: UH. I've started playing UH recently because I've never got decent Frost 1Hs. I have worked on it quite a bit since then and feel confident playing it.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
I generally pull the boss w/ taunt > Blooddrinker followed by DRW (if it will be back up for Lust/burn phase) > Marrowrend > Bloodboil. I use HS/DS for the remainder of DRW. After that, I use runes on Marrowrend if under 7 stacks of Bone Shield and HS. I pool runic power for on-demand DS, but will cast DS before capping RP. I make sure I have at least one charge of BB on cooldown. Finally, I cast DnD on Crimson Scourge procs if my target will stay in it for the duration, but will save DnD if a multi-target situation is coming up, in which case I'll use it then.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
I usually take ilvl upgrades of +15-20 due to the raw stats, but after that, I always prioritize haste+X because it increases both my survivability and damage output (faster runes = increased RP generation). After that, I follow Vers > Mast = Crit. Vers for the dmg reduction and increased healing/dmg output.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
Class discord, in-game friends, warcraft logs, SimC/Raidbots
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
I know I lack experience this tier, but I don't like to jump around guilds and was holding out for getting my spot back in my current guild. I watch them raid every week and I miss being part of a raiding team, so I decided to start looking. I've watched my guild kill 7/8M (many encounters numerous times) and as always I've thoroughly researched every fight (vids/logs/forums). I always look to min/max my character and learn new playstyles. I'm loyal to the bone and will stick it out through thick or thin. I'm very competitive and always willing to give and take advice. Finally, I understand a tank's responsibility to the raid: when to be vocal in comms, keep fights consistent pull-to-pull, and always show up for raid.
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs:
BfA (Heroic only): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... disbelieve
WoD (Mythic): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... e=detailed
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
Custom-built i7 7700k w/ 32GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce 1080ti, 100-120 FPS in 20m Zul
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I saw on the forums that you were recruiting a tank, which isn't easy to find. My main I played all through BC and Wrath is still on Andorhal. I still remember the days w/ SM running the show, while Tranq and Accelerate battled it out. I used to ask Raelorn for rogue advice during ICC.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).