Dosequis
User

Rogue - Whichever spec is best at the time

Postby Dosequis » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:19 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 28, Georgia

- Number of Testicles: too

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? of course

- How long have you played WoW: off and on since launch, but i consider my actual start to be in wrath, 2010.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): i raided casually thru wrath, never made it to lich king on normal D: but started raiding seriously in MoP, was US 232 in Siege, stayed with that guild all the way to HFC where we were also top 250 US. I could no longer make their times and have only raided casually since leaving them. a few mythic bosses in Nighthold and Tomb. Current tier i've joined a friends guild which are... for lack of a better term, terrible. lol. currently 6/8 norm 2/8 heroic.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: The first guild i raided with in Wrath was Something Epic on Altar of Storms. they were more of a social guild and we only raided for some fun. When i left them i join Dark Skies on Hyjal. these are the guys i did all my serious raiding with as a balance druid. I left them because i moved from hawaii to the east coast and could no longer make their times. I was basically absent from the game during legion, i tried to get back into raiding towards the end of Nighthold. but the guild only made it a few mythics into Tomb before they quit raiding. I left that guild because they quit raiding. Now im in a friends guild doing some ridiculously casual raiding while trying to find a Mythic capable guild.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Jovrix - Rogue

- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... all/Jovrix

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? I main Sub, only because it's the strongest. I have both Outlaw and Sin specs setup and ready to play in event they are better for a fight. I play them as needed.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: I open from stealth with Shadowstrike, use backstab to get to 5+ CPs, use Nightblade, Shadow dance to maintain Findweakness debuff. Dump CPs with evis. Symbols of death on CD, only hold it to line up with Shadow Blades. I have Berserk (troll racial) macro'd in with Shadow Blades.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Haste > Crit > mastery I haven't been able to find anything solid on how much haste to have before crit becomes more useful, but from personal experience when my haste gets between 25%-30% i can get close to not being able to use energy fast enough. so I personally would prioritize crit over haste once i reach that breakpoint.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Rogue discord, Icy Veins, Google, but most importantly I log on and test stuff myself.

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I'm competitive with myself. I'm always trying to do better than the last time i logged in. I properly prepare for the fights ahead and enjoy competitive raiding.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:

- Logs from warcraftlogs: I want to preface this link with the note that my current guild is grossly casual. And the tactics they use are very punishing to melee... but I do my best :D https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=3

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? GTX 1070, Intel I7-7700, 16gm RAM

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I found you guys on the WOW recruitment forum. I mean... who could turn down a guild who boasts about all server firsts?!?! lol but seriously I'm a melee nerd looking for a mythic guild. Which is one of the hardest spots next to tank to get. Like i said earlier im competitive, so this spot is exactly what i want in a raid.

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. Unfortunately 100 up 10 down was the fastest speeds available on Ft Gordon. But they just released 1k up 1k down, just waiting on my Network adapter :D
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7639381599.png
Ping test has been discontinued http://puu.sh/BvI90/49a6bf8251.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Dosequis
User

Re: Rogue - Whichever spec is best at the time

Postby Dosequis » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:26 pm

Forgot the FPS, I stay around 100-120 fps

Mooby
User

Re: Rogue - Whichever spec is best at the time

Postby Mooby » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:33 pm

At this time we are going to go ahead and pass on this application.

Best of luck!
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”