Demoncakes
User

Havoc Demon Hunter Application

Postby Demoncakes » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:16 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 35, Southern California
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: On/Off since Alpha testing in Vanilla (roommate worked at Blizzard in Irvine)
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): CE all of MoP, Legion: 8/8M 2/3M, 6/10M 6/9M 11/11M, Currently 8/8H
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: GM of Stack and Die during MoP and first few raids of Legion. Pretty casual 2-day 6 hour guild. Several folks decided we wanted more, and tried to push a bit between acquisitions and mergers... eventually wasn't able to recruit and split up - although most of the core raiders still actively talk in the defunk discord.

Most recent guild Unicorn Seven. I felt I had earned my raid spot quite handily, only to be put on "flex". Unfortunately for me, they had recruited a group of 7, with a tank and healer. So with additional tank, healers, there was really only 4 spots available for core raiders. Melee was limited to 5 max, and the group had 3 with them. An officer (Monk) took the other slot, and a warrior took the other to ensure maximize raid buffs. In essence, I never really had a chance at be core team, and I saw the writing on the wall.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Demoncakes, Havoc Demon Hunter
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Demoncakes
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Havoc, Vengeance can be used for anything. Although MT role requires quite a bit of comfortability with the other tank, but I should be able to learn the mechanics as DPS as well.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Depends on build, my I am currently using demonic. Assuming Meta/Lust on pull. Something along the lines of Meta, Demon Bite, Death Sweep, Eye Beam, Chaos Strike, Immolate, dump until resources empty, fill up ~80 with demons bite, dump more, while using Death Sweep on CD. Without Meta, check fight timers to ensure no adds or additional DPS targets will be viable within a few seconds, other wise use Eye beam off CD (when resource near empty). Deathsweep immediately, regular rotation and deathsweep again at the end. It's really not a hard rotation, the hardest part is knowing when to maximize use of Eye Beam to ensure full use of the fury (boss moving during, transition so can't maximize the 8s of meta, etc)
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Currently I am unaware of breakpoints. Haste/Crit/Verse have all somewhat evened out for me, with verse pulling slightly ahead. Mastery is my worst stat, by about 2/3 of what all the other stats are. Trinkets have become a bit of an issue, as know when to use what for when, but at THIS point in the expac, I am trusting raidbots.com as well as theory crafting on the DH discord, and testing out as best I can on Mythic+ fights (especially this week due to tyrannical and fights lasting more than 90 seconds).
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Reading and discussion on discord, other DH within the guild and my friends circle, and in all honesty... just testing. I like to check the warcraftlogs to see what the higher performing DHs are using, and check the EVENTS timeline to see what their opener is on specific fights a (Like Zul, mobs tend to die too quickly before I can eye beam and fel barrage, meta, immolate, etc)

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I will be the first to admit, there are better demon hunters than me out there. But I also know, I am a good player that will do my best to ensure mechanics and raid throughput outweigh any of my individual contribution. Soaking pools requires losing uptime on the boss? check. I will put the raid/guild before me, and try my best while doing so.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: https://i.imgur.com/VEXod8f.jpg
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... demoncakes
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? 6700K 4.4, 32GB, dual 1080 Typical FPS during mythic raid? 60-100
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I found you on the Havoc Discord under guild recruitment. I checked you out and I love the longevity and potential to find a (as corny as it sounds) forever-home.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/7631492167 Pingtest has been discontinued. Here is a site I like to use: https://testmy.net/db/~5KTmBK~e Also I found this: http://www.meter.net/ping-test/201836-108022-8585.html
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS). https://i.imgur.com/8eQmwOF.png

Clammy
User

Re: Havoc Demon Hunter Application

Postby Clammy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:09 am

Pretty decent app. Will talk to other officers regarding it. One question out of a few though is we have a competitive roster and environment in Simple Math, how comfortable are you in this type of raid environment if given the chance to trial?

Demoncakes
User

Postby Demoncakes » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:14 pm

I prefer competitive honestly. Not cutthroat mind you, where players aren't helpful or even aggressive, but competitive is good.

I'd love to chat with you guys over discord if that is an option!

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Would you be available later this evening around 7:30pm ET for a short interview?
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Demoncakes
User

Postby Demoncakes » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:45 pm

I'm doing a Normal run with a friends guild at 6 EST, but I believe it's just G'huun, so I don't anticipate it being a problem.

Demoncakes
User

Postby Demoncakes » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:59 pm

I'm on and available if needed.

Clammy
User

Postby Clammy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:42 pm

We raid from 8pm to 12 pm EST

Clammy
User

Postby Clammy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Sent you an invite to discord

Demoncakes
User

Postby Demoncakes » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Hey guys. I know I spoke with a few officers between some of the pulls on Thursday. I was wondering if there is anything you need from me at this point.

Thanks!

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:35 pm

After the interview we have decided to go ahead and pass on this application.

We don't feel that we would be the best fit for you, and would like to let you continue your search.

Best of luck.
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”