User

Syrelian - Mage

Postby Sergrand » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:41 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location:
26, nyc

- Number of Testicles:
2, if you count the left one

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
I do

- How long have you played WoW:
I started playing WoW at the end of vanilla. I remember being around level 50 when TBC came out.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
I raided during TBC up until my guild disbanded (which was when we were working on Illidan). I killed all bosses up through Illidan, except for Kael'thas as the BT attunement was lifted when we were working on him, and the guild leadership decided to move us onto the next tier of raids instead of finishing that one.

In WotLK, I did ulduar normal after joining my friend's guild. The guild fell apart when we were working on Yogg, but this was due to drama and not issues with progression.

During the Firelands in Cata I joined a very large guild with multiple raid groups. My raid group was fairly casual with only the goal of clearing normal. We downed rag about a month after our group formed. After that we farmed normal once a week until people eventually decided they didn't want to raid anymore.

After that I focused on finishing school, landing my first big-boy job, moving across the country, and all the other fun stuff you do in your early 20s. I got back into raiding with the release of Antorus. I killed every boss on normal and heroic with pugs.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
<Primoris> on Thrall in TBC. I left because it fell apart due to drama from merging with another guild.
<Lyfe> on Thrall in WotLK. I again left because the guild fell apart.
<Karma Horde> on Sargeras. I left because most of my raid group decided to quit raiding.
I've been guildless since (just been in those random guilds that spam invites so I could get my hearth cd lowered).

Character Information:
- Name & Class:
Syrelian - Mage

- Link to battle.net Armory:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... e/syrelian

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?
Arcane is my main spec, but I can play both fire and frost just as well. I collect gear for the other two specs, and while I try to make Arcane work wherever possible, I'll play the other specs if Arcane is significantly behind them or they're noticeably better for whatever I'm doing. For example, I would always play splitting ice frost on a two target cleave encounter.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
For Arcane on a single target encounter: Precast Arcane Blast, use Charged Up, drop Rune of Power and pop Arcane Power. Spam Arcane Blast, ignoring Clearcasting procs, and ensure the last two Arcane Blasts within Arcane Power are used under the effect of Presence of Mind. From there use clearcasting procs on Arcane Missiles and continue burning mana via Arcane Blast until oom. Evocate back up to around 95% mana and continue burning until 60% mana. Float around 60% using a Arcane Blast x 4 -> Arcane Barrage rotation, burning excess mana on a 5th Arcane Blast or more if at high charges and Touch of the Magi procs or if Rune of Power is down. Once Arcane Power is up, go back into the burn phase.

For Arcane on AoE: Arcane Explosion to four Arcane Charges then dump with Arcane Barrage. The fourth charge may be generated with Arcane Blast if using Rule of Threes and your mana is < 30%.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
My choice for gear and stat weights come from simming myself. I generally try maintain ST and AoE sets for all three specs. The only notable breakpoint for Arcane is a haste breakpoint around 470 haste (for races without a haste racial) to fit an extra Arcane Blast in the Arcane Power window.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
In the Mage discord (Hall of the Guardian) and the Arcane discord (Arcane Dream). I'm a fairly active member of both communities. You can usually find me in them answering questions and discussing theorycraft throughout the day while I'm at work. My discord tag is Sergrand#5714. I also run my own sims and tinker with the mage apls to try things out.

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
As far as my mage, I enjoy theorycraft, so I keep up with mage theorycraft more than most. As far as being a part of the raid group, I don't get angry or impatient. I also take responsibility for my own mistakes and make sure to improve on them, so I don't waste the time of others.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
https://i.imgur.com/9IRmO42.jpg

- Logs from warcraftlogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 / Memory: 16 GB / Video Card: 1050 Ti. Around 60-70fps.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
As I mentioned earlier, I spent the last few years fairly casual in wow. Now that everything has settled down for me irl, I would really like to get back into raiding, but this time I would like to join a guild that is looking to make serious progress. I've read up on your guild and it seems like exactly what I'm looking for. I found you guys from your post in the mage discord.

- Run a speed test and ping testtargeting New York. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7592730735.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint.
https://i.imgur.com/OysGZ3F.png

Mooby
User

Re: Syrelian - Mage

Postby Mooby » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:01 pm

We are going to go ahead and pass on this application.

Best of luck in your guild search.
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”