belleboo
User

Bellevapnboo Holy Paladin

Postby belleboo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:49 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 38 Florida
- Number of Testicles: 35
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? yes
- How long have you played WoW: I played at the end of BC and during LK. I then stopped playing and came back at the end of WoD.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): ): In LK I did almost all of the achievements and ended the xpac with a world 33ish LK kill. During Legion I was super casual until the middle of Nighthold where I decided to do some casual mythic raiding with friends. I got 8/10m in Nighthold, 8/9 m in ToS, and 9/11m in Argus (missing Vari and Argus but I have a few pulls on Vari and many on Argus).

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: : I have had a terrible time finding a guild during this xpac. I have joined several guilds with friends that mostly just fell apart. I was in Enigma on Mal'Ganis for a few months and left because of the raginess and overall terrible attitude. I was in Club House on Kil'Jaeden and left due to an awkward situation arising after an IRL meetup. lol

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Bellevapnboo Paladin
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... llevapnboo
- Race & professions: Blood Elf engineering/enchanting
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? ? Holy and I do not really play offspecs. If dps is needed in raid I will sometimes switch to ret but it has only been a handful of times.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: I beacon both tanks or else a tank and someone with a massive debuff and flash of light for single target, light of dawn for multi target, rule of law to increase my range, judgement on CD when using the ring, and fill in dps when noone is taking damage. There are obvously many nuances and other spells but that's the main idea of it.

- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? After the quest, I am at max. I believe I had 82 in holy prior to this patch.

- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? all
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):): I gear with crit up to 50%. I then choose versatility and mastery gear with a slight preference to versatility.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? I talk to other healers and I also look at logs. For testing I will experiment gear and talent choices during farm content/lesser difficulties. I also have another hpal (my original one lol) Bellixia on Mal'Ganis as well as each of the healer alts. Understanding all the healing classes helps me to be better at my main.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:

- Logs from warcraftlogs:
- Logs from warcraftlogs:
my personal calendar: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/493345
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bTMvN27rGwPDaKmj
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MFTVvwH1dtQxLayg

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? i7-6500/16gb/2 gtx970 sli not sure of fps
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I will work hard!
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
? I do not know anyone there. Storm added me on bnet. I do like that the guild is looking to push top 100 because I would enjoy playing at a more competitive level as I did in LK.

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
This will not be very pretty right now as I am at my dad's house. Hopefully I will be moving over the next couple months to somewhere with a better internet! This actually still works fine for WoW though.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7428554091

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Semerhage
User

Re: Bellevapnboo Holy Paladin

Postby Semerhage » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:28 pm

Holy Shock is #1 priority only sometimes becoming 1B to Judgement with the ring, the fact you left that out or considered it a 'nuance' or 'other spell' is a concern.

The 50% crit cap for holy paladins is not a thing with the current set bonus. Versatility stacking is not terrible but Mastery outshines it in practically every regard unless you decide to be max range healing the entire time.
Leech is also the most important stat for an Hpaladin and you take it wherever you can, so I am unsure as to why you would ignore that as well.

Your UI is more or less clean, though not having holy shock / judgement weak auras leaves me to believe one of the following is the case: You are not using them on CD as they should be, if you are using them on CD you spend time spamming the button for them when they are on CD effectively wasting time when you could be casting something else, or you are looking at the bottom of your screen at our bars.

And lastly a question I have, do you use mouse over for healing or do you click then heal.

The above is just my general take on your application.

belleboo
User

Postby belleboo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:31 pm

Yes, it's laughable that I didn't put holy shock in there. I did a super quick overview of spells and that's definitely one to use on CD. Was baked. Someone asked me to apply as soon as possible. lol I took it literally. :oops:

I don't agree with you regarding mastery being better than vers or leech being the most important stat. Leech is great for padding the heal meter. I love leech. Yes, in order for me to get 100% crit of holy shock, I want to be at 50% crit. I would have to consider trading out a piece with crit on it for something higher ilvl. It really all just depends. I try not to obsess over what gear I have because drops are often out of my control. I work the best I can with what gear I have available. If I were working on progression, I would of course farm up whatever gear I was able to farm in instances like m+ etc.. If you look at my gear, I have 63% mastery and 3% vers. This is with me not trying to stack mastery at all. Most of the gear I come across has mastery on it so I definitely wish I had more vers and keep an eye out for it.

While I have used various WA in the past, I found that I don't need a WA for those spells because I use OmniCC in order to display the cooldowns on the giant bars directly to the left of my raid frames. These also correspond to my keybinds on my Naga. When I was using different WA that I either wrote myself or imported and modified, I found I was just using my omnicc anyhow and the WA was cluttering up my screen.

I have mouseover macros and clique. I don't have contemplation key-bound. Is that gonna be a problem? :?:

Semerhage
User

Postby Semerhage » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:32 pm

Yeah 50% crit is the lowest you go, I should have worded it differently. I was referring to you saying 'I gear with crit up to 50%' because with the current set bonus from ABT you go higher than 50% if your gear allows it. As for leech, having enough leech to self sustain your Aura of Sacrifice damage taken is very good to have, not to mention it makes your AM stronger.

Regardless of the above that is all redundant as of pre-patch, or for the most part is.

After looking at your logs and using your best performances I would highly recommend using WA's for your top priority spells rather than diverting your eyes to your action bars at the bottom.
On average you had Holy Shock off CD about 60% of the time, and Judgement was sitting at about 50%. So while it may seem like you are using them ASAP, two simple weak auras would improve those numbers tremendously while increasing your throughput and being more mana efficient.

Its good you use mouseovers or i may have cried inside.

Again thats just what I have gathered from your app, just the two-cents of an average hPaladin
-Semer

belleboo
User

Postby belleboo » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:16 pm

Thanks for the clarification on what you meant by the crit. I thought you had been saying 50% is not needed and was a little puzzled for sure. I thought you may have been trolling. :) I assumed that you brought up leech for the aura of sac damage so that does make sense. I looked up your armory and saw you have an enviable amount of leech.

I am always willing to take advice from another solid player. I have been working on my UI lately and I will probably take your recommendation to add back my WA for certain spells.

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:26 am

We are going to go ahead and pass on this application at this time.

Best of luck in your guild search.
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”