User

Pmr - Holy Paladin

Postby nextfactor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:16 pm

Player information:

- Age & Location:
32 / Miami FL

- Number of Testicles:
3 last time I checked… wait... yea still 3

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
Yes.. I like not losing my account

- How long have you played WoW:
Since Molten Core was cool.... 10 years give or takes... yikes

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
I been raiding for a long time, on / off… this xpac I have 10/11 experience.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Guild is raiding from 11pm – 2am, 3 times a week and I’m getting old. Looking for a solid guild with a schedule that doesn’t kill me. I really want to join a great team that does end game seriously without wasting times and finishes the tier bosses while raiding 2 times a week.

Character Information:

- Name & Class:
PMR / Paladin

- Link to battle.net Armory:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/pmr

- Race & professions:
Master race Blood Elf / Alch/Herb

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?
I really like healing… so is mostly what I do, but I can tank/dps if needed

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Really depends on the fight, but I tend to pop wings just before we pull to get some dps in / with pot.

Spells depends on healing rotation, but I generally pop wings with holy avenger for modest burst. Holy shock on cool down (healing or dmg). I tend to run with Aura of Sacrifice.

- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)?
Holy: 81 / Prot: 72 / Ret: 71

- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any?
All the things... I got all of them on my main (except for the crafted ones)

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
I mostly focus on my healing set. Crit is my primary stat and I’m at 57% which is a little high, I’m trying to balance with mastery/haste now, but need gear pieces to swap out

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
I follow a couple of YouTube channels for boss fights and whats on in the game. I lurk around reddit and mmo-champion to see what people are doing/talking about. I keep an eye on method’s page. At the end of the day I try out stuff and see what work best for me and the raid.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
Don’t have a picture of me during raid.. .but this is pretty much what it looks like. I use DBM so a few more things flashing on the screen here and there.

https://imgur.com/a/mYU65GJ

- Logs from warcraftlogs:
My logs on Mythic are not super awesome :| I been focusing on staying alive and learning the fight vs parsing. My numbers improve as the guild becomes more comfortable with the fight.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
Just got the new GIGABYTE Aero 15X… why a laptop you say? I like playing sitting in the living room or patio… also is nice being able to play on the go when traveling.
I7 / SSD / GTX 1070 … ~80 FPS

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
I’m a good player who does his research and trying to be the best I can. I’m a team player and like progressing and killing bosses with no drama and focus.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I was poking around the forums and saw a post for Simple Math. Simple Math seems to be doing what I want to get out of the game, with a solid team and a schedule that works for me.

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7394501493

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).
This is my dog, is a master piece I know. I’m available for hired

https://imgur.com/a/vcbxnT7

Waves
User

Re: Pmr - Holy Paladin

Postby Waves » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:11 am

1. We plan on shifting to a weekday schedule in BFA(12hrs/week), would this be an issue for you?
2. Is there any reason to pop wings on pull when you could save them for when your healing CDs are needed?
3. Do you at all utilize tools such as the Paladin Discord or WCL to see what other paladins are doing on a fight-by-fight basis to maximize your healing output?

Semerhage
User

Postby Semerhage » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 pm

"I’m a good player" Good is a subjective term. A few questions.

Why do you take Light's Hammer when your usage and healing throughput are very low. If you are focused on doing damage then you should be taking Crusaders Might as it gives not only higher DPS but also faster CD recovery on your most mana efficient and highest healing throughput spells.

Why do you pop wings on pull, there are a few fights where this works due to timings of not needing to have wings earlier, however if your DPS cant make checks without you using wings then i would question if the DPS players know how to play.

Why do you wear the judgement ring if you are not casting judgement, the stats are amazing on it however if you are going to cast Judgement (your 2nd highest priority spell) 5 times a fight then you would be better off swapping to another legendary.

"I been focusing on staying alive and learning the fight vs parsing." After 25 pulls on a mythic boss learning should be done, did your guild not understand the power of a holy paladin and shove you to the last on healing CD priorities, or as it seems from looking at your Aura of Sacrifice usage do you just not fully grasp how to get the most out of the CD.

The 980 Naglfar trinket you have on is a trap, and you fell for it. There is a plethora of trinkets which outperform it very easily and should be used in its place. Do you not have any other trinkets? An 885 (LFR) Seastar trinket from Tomb of Sargaras at base ilvl outperform your 980 trinket by 25k HPS. An 915 (LFR) Highfathers on fights when it can proc, out performs your 980 trinket by 35k HPS.

Lastly, do you not have any other gear with Leech? It is VERY valuable, starting with negating the damage taken from the passive Aura of Sacrifice to just increasing its burst healing while popping the CD. Leech is your highest stat priority so long as crit is not falling below 40%.

Hope this didn't come across as pushy but if you are going to say you love healing and you are a good player who does research then hopefully my questions will help if you take them the right way.

Waves
User

Postby Waves » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:36 am

We're going to go ahead and pass on this app for now, best of luck on your search.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”