Daisy - 965 ele shaman, at your service!

Even Baddier Baddies
Daisy
User

Daisy - 965 ele shaman, at your service!

Postby Daisy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 31/Seattle
- Number of Testicles: some where between 0 and 4
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? I DO!
- How long have you played WoW: Since launch, my shaman was made about 2 weeks after the game came out and has always been my main.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I've cleared all heroic content this xpac - previously I was a mythic raider, missed about 6 months of WoD due to 5 months in the ICU + recovery time but was able to get back into things.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Our GM quit, all but one officer left, they want to stop raiding until BfA but I love raiding and I don't want to quit that long.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Daisychaine - Ele, Enhance, and resto shaman - in that order.
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... aisychaine
- Race, professions & why you chose them: Female Tauren, have you SEEN this hip to waist ratio? Enchanter cause enchants, I currently do all our DEing and enchanting at raids - Tailor cause some jerk off told me to drop herbing to be a tailor back in vanilla so I did cause I didn't know better and now I have all these old rare patterns I'm emotionally attached to.
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? I'm mostly ele as of right now, I do all our AOE assignments - I also can play enhance effectively but I don't have good trinkets for it. Resto - I CAN play resto but I don't put much effort into it - I was resto all though vanilla (I may be a masochist) until WoD when I came back from the hospital all fucked up and realized "I am too fucked up to have people's lives in my hands" and I've been DPS ever since.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: I'm a shaman so I pray to the RNG gods and press the corresponding buttons.
- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? Ele - 80. Enhance - 75. Resto - 54.
- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? I have all the shaman legendaries.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): I play ice fury to increase my mobility, along with the legendary belt that makes lava burst leave a dot - again for mobility - I mostly stack +flame shock damage on my weapon - again for mobility - Crit needs to be ~33% but drops off sharply after that, I'm currently at 32.something% - Haste needs to be 33%+ and I'm currently sitting at 37% - which feels about right over all and even if I wanted to I have nothing to change out for decreasing haste to get that last bit of crit.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? All over, I talk to everyone, gravitate to other good shaman, browse forums, read various sites and try to compare but really it all comes down to how I like it in game - I'm not a technical player which is probably my biggest fault, I play for fun even if it's not min/maxing.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: I use a completely basic UI with minimal mods - I learned this way and I'm comfortable with it, did I mention before I'm a masochist?
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: So I had this from last night then I accidentally closed this application to make my MS paint (oh man it's so good) and lost everything - I don't really use logs but I have a link from a guild mate which I THINK is correct - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... aisychaine
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? To be honest I don't know, my husband just browses reddit but he made a big ass gaming computer cause he likes building computers - so I do know it's very up to date but as far as the specifics, I don't know. I'm on a private fiber network and I never have lag issues on my end, even when playing with my current guild which is mostly east coast.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I'm a team player, I'm helpful, I'm friendly, I play a lot and always willing to show up to whatever - I send guild mates real horde themed christmas cookies - They call me the guild mom for a reason.
PROOF: notice the bonus wolpertinger
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Ryven was outside burning throne with me and told me to join a real guild, and I'm not above taking good advice.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. So I don't know how to do this, I did a test pinging Seattle and it was 17.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS). - I TOLD YOU IT WAS GOOD (that's my shaman)

consond
User

Re: Daisy - 965 ele shaman, at your service!

Postby consond » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:06 pm

That link you posted for your logs is another link to your armoury. If you go to the warcraft logs website and link your battlenet account you can find your logs. that is also another website you can go to for research on your class

Daisy
User

Postby Daisy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:15 pm

I'm currently trying to link them and it's just returning an error message to me - I can try later, but as of right now it's not letting me link my Bnet. I'll see if I can get the correct log from our run last night in the mean time.

Daisy
User

Postby Daisy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:09 pm

Hey Daisy,

First off wanted to say great MS Paint, one of the better ones we've seen in awhile. Also those cookies look delicious!

I had a few questions about your Shaman after looking it over.

1) Why choose Mark of the Satyr over Mark of the Claw enchant for you neck?
2) In your legendary ring you have a +200 Int gem, wouldn't a +200 Crit gem benefit your character more?
3) Finally, are those the best legendaries you currently have?

Thanks for applying and good luck.
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Daisy
User

Postby Daisy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:23 pm

Unless something has changed int is still our top stat and satyr does more damage output than a temporary stat buff over time - I guess it has to do with the way our stats scale, at least that's how I've seen it explained.

Tasset
User

Postby Tasset » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:24 pm

What are the minimal mods? Can you please list out the addons you use for raiding?

Daisy
User

Postby Daisy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:27 pm

Oh, yes these are considered BiS for the ice fury spec - the whole point of ice fury is to keep damage up as much as possible because ele is so non-mobile - the ring is BiS for both ele and enhance (maybe resto too?)

Daisy
User

Postby Daisy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:28 pm

I use DBM or Exosus I prefer exorsus - Skada, and if we need anything specific for a specific boss/fight but usually disable them when not on that specific fight.

Tasset
User

Postby Tasset » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Do you use WeakAuras at all?

Daisy
User

Postby Daisy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:28 pm

I have it installed but I’ve never used it. Other than keeping track of flame shock or totemic mastery, neither of which I need help with I don’t really know what it would do.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:17 pm

you can use it to make a timer or notification for anything. there are pre-made sets that can be imported all over the place so you don't need to create much by yourself if you don't want to. by no means a requirement but it's a very useful mod - worth looking into if you have some free time.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Dippindots
User

Postby Dippindots » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:19 am

Due to our large roster, we are going to pass on this application. You are more than welcome to come into the guild as a member and run heroic raids with us, but as for mythic we need to do some trimming.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”