Even Baddier Baddies
Grout
User

Grout the Savage Hero

Postby Grout » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:04 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 30/Seattle WA
- Number of Testicles: 3
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? No, and because i have a 21 character password. I've had my account for 12 years with no problems, so i don't feel the need
- How long have you played WoW: 12 years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 8/9 Heroic Tomb
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Game Grubs. The Raid leader was an idiot, and I got tired of dealing with his shit. I refuse to kiss the ring of a fool, so i just left.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Grout/Warrior
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... gro%C3%B9t
- Race, professions & why you chose them: Orc/Blacksmith. I've always liked orcs, because they fuck shit up. And blacksmiths, because I like smashing metal with a hammer until it turns into something.
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? My Main spec is Fury with 13 points in COL, and off spec protection with 5 points in COL. I raid as fury and do keystones as Protection. I've mastered both specs.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: standard fury rotation, Battle cry+Avatar+Blood Fury(Orc Racial), Rampage-->Raging Blow---> Bloodthirst-->Wirlwind-->Raging blow-->Bloodthirst-->Rampage and repeat.
- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? Fury 64/Protection 56/Arms 0
- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? I have all of my BiS Legendarries for Fury and Protection. For Fury I use Ceann-Ar Charger and Valajar Beserkers. Protection I use mannoroth's bloodletting manacles and kakushan's stormscale Gauntlets.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): For fury haste is king, idealy 42% is optimal, after that Mastery, which can be substituted with vers. Protection is similar, except you don't need as much haste, 30% being optimal, after that mastery and verse.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? I reasearch from wow head, and test it out in low level keystones and normal difficulty raids, and raid finder.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: N/A
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: N/A
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor, Black Edition, 16gb, Ati r9 4gb. 104fps
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? Because I'm Grout the Savage hero, and I never give up and I never surrender
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? From wowprogress Mythic+ scores, you guys are in the top 5. I myself am number 18 from our joint servers. I want to be in that top 5.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. N/A but it be fine. I got Cable Internet. 20mb sec
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).
Attachments
TREX.png
picture you wanted
TREX.png (144.41 KiB) Viewed 6377 times

Dad
User

Re: Grout the Savage Hero

Postby Dad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Why fury instead of arms?

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:27 pm

You may want to get that checked out, see your doctor.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? No, and because i have a 21 character password. I've had my account for 12 years with no problems, so i don't feel the need

Dual factor authentication is greater than a 21 character password. I highly recommend getting an authenticator. You may not have had an issue, but all it takes is one time to get fucked.

WoW progress only shows you with 7/9 Heroic. Also, do you have any further experience outside of this tier/expansion?

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?

Is there a specific reason you have not swapped to Arms? I know I am an Arms hardliner, but for the fights and how they are structured. Arms cleave/burst for instant gibbing adds outshines most of what fury can do. Also, Arms execute phase is leaps and bounds ahead of Fury at this time. Though Arms and Fury are very close, for Mythic progression it is essential to know how to play both specs fluently.

Also, I see you don't have a lot of +15's completed in time.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: standard fury rotation, Battle cry+Avatar+Blood Fury(Orc Racial), Rampage-->Raging Blow---> Bloodthirst-->Wirlwind-->Raging blow-->Bloodthirst-->Rampage and repeat.

You don't whirlwind on ST fights. Also, this would be wrong for cleave/AoE fights.

Please review this guide for Fury information: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/223 ... de-amp-FAQ

Further stuff: Why are you using prolonged power? Though you desync BC from OF (with CoF), you always hold OF for your next BC. Your Avatars seemed poorly timed, especially the last ones. Which should be timed with your final burst/execute phase. There are a few more issues here and there, but these are the main culprits that jump out at me.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? I reasearch from wow head, and test it out in low level keystones and normal difficulty raids, and raid finder.

Low-level keys and raid finder are a stomp-fest. I would include Normal raids as well, as you just kill bosses and out heal mechanics. I highly recommend joining the Warrior Discord, it is normally the most updated platforms with sims/information
https://discord.gg/tBdpkGH

You also didn't mention simming your character. Is this something you routinely do? If so, why? If not, why?

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below. N/A but it be fine. I got Cable Internet. 20mb sec

These questions were not optional.

https://www.wowprogress.com/character/u ... Gro%C3%B9t
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... gro%C3%B9t

Overall I am interested to see your answers, but your rotation needs a lot of work.

Thanks

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:30 pm

Also, your picture is not yours.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Grout wrote:- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? No, and because i have a 21 character password. I've had my account for 12 years with no problems, so i don't feel the need

you're lying, the maximum password length is 16 characters.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Grout
User

Postby Grout » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Raynorxx wrote:

You may want to get that checked out, see your doctor.

Dual factor authentication is greater than a 21 character password. I highly recommend getting an authenticator. You may not have had an issue, but all it takes is one time to get fucked.

WoW progress only shows you with 7/9 Heroic. Also, do you have any further experience outside of this tier/expansion?

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?

Is there a specific reason you have not swapped to Arms? I know I am an Arms hardliner, but for the fights and how they are structured. Arms cleave/burst for instant gibbing adds outshines most of what fury can do. Also, Arms execute phase is leaps and bounds ahead of Fury at this time. Though Arms and Fury are very close, for Mythic progression it is essential to know how to play both specs fluently.

Also, I see you don't have a lot of +15's completed in time.

You don't whirlwind on ST fights. Also, this would be wrong for cleave/AoE fights.

Please review this guide for Fury information: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/223 ... de-amp-FAQ

Further stuff: Why are you using prolonged power? Though you desync BC from OF (with CoF), you always hold OF for your next BC. Your Avatars seemed poorly timed, especially the last ones. Which should be timed with your final burst/execute phase. There are a few more issues here and there, but these are the main culprits that jump out at me.

Low-level keys and raid finder are a stomp-fest. I would include Normal raids as well, as you just kill bosses and out heal mechanics. I highly recommend joining the Warrior Discord, it is normally the most updated platforms with sims/information
https://discord.gg/tBdpkGH

You also didn't mention simming your character. Is this something you routinely do? If so, why? If not, why?

These questions were not optional.

https://www.wowprogress.com/character/u ... Gro%C3%B9t
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... gro%C3%B9t

Overall I am interested to see your answers, but your rotation needs a lot of work.

Thanks

I'm just commited to fury, according to global Meters, Arms is # 1 dps Fury # 2... but the difference is only 20k dps, so its not worth it to me. I do 1.1m DPS on Harjartan, and i carry tomes with me to change specs, for other bosses, like Mistriss, where I get war machine and wrecking ball. Which I do 1.4m dps.

Grout
User

Postby Grout » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:31 pm

grouch wrote:
Grout wrote:- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? No, and because i have a 21 character password. I've had my account for 12 years with no problems, so i don't feel the need

you're lying, the maximum password length is 16 characters.

I meant to say 16...

Grout
User

Postby Grout » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Raynorxx wrote:Also, your picture is not yours.

yeah, but I really liked the picture, its one of my favorites.

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks for applying but at this time we are not going to accept your application. If at a later date you'd like to re-apply feel free to do so ^_^ good luck and as always...have fun!

- Xaphus

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”