ccsmith
User

Barelysober the Spongemonkey

Postby ccsmith » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:07 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 26 / Southern California
- Number of Testicles: Two Peas
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Of course
- How long have you played WoW: Off and on since Vanilla, Raided in Cata, MoP and again in Legion.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 2/10M NH, 3/9M ToS
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Conflicting raid times. Nothing personal or any falling out.

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Barelysober - Rogue
- Link to battle.net Armory:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... arelysober
- Race, professions & why you chose them: BE / Achemy & Engineering. - Flasks/cauldrons and Hammers/Jeeves ( for raids)
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Main Sin, comfortable with Outlaw, dabble with Sub
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Maintain rupture & garrote utilizing pandemic. Clip Envenoms, Burst with Vanish / cooldowns (i.e. Kingsbane, Toxic Blade, and Vendetta). I'm a giant soak monkey for cheesing mechanics.
- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? Sin - 58, Sub 53, Outlaw 52
- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? I have every legendary for all specs minus the wrists for Outlaw and the hands for Sub. I am trying to get the wrists for Outlaw (BiS) even though it is offspec.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Sin - Mastery/Crit, Outlaw - Vers/Haste, Sub - Mastery/Vers. I re-run my sim after I get a new piece of loot so delving into specific weights is irrelevant.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Rogue discord / Ravenholdt

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4b ... amage-done
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? Self built desktop, I7-7700K/16GB DDR4/Asus NVidia 1080. Around 90-120 FPS in raid.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I have devoted the greater portion of a year of my life devoted only to rogue. I don't really care for alts. I poured my heart and soul into this character. I will always give my best and carry my own weight.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Honestly, I found you guys on wow-progress. But I have seen Orochi around a few times and we have greeted one another, briefly.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6508418720
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Sure!
Chillstein#1831

Xaphus
User

Re: Barelysober the Spongemonkey

Postby Xaphus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:26 am

Hey Thanks for the application! We will get back to you ASAP! Feel free to msg us in-game if you have any questions!

- Xaphus

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Hey Barelysober!

We'd love to setup an interview on Discord if you'd like to msg me In-game or add me on bnet Xaphus#1471.

- Xaphus

Darenia
User

Postby Darenia » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:22 pm

Just letting you guys know as a common courtesy he was only with VV for a week before quitting. Considering his prior reason for leaving is because we, VV, raid too much compared to what SM raids now is curious. Ty for your time.
Eon: well... I was insinuating your other bunny >.> you know... sexual innuendo?
Darenia: OHH...i got a Hitachi. DONT NEED THE RABBIT ANYMORE.
Eon: arent those the really old virtual pets from the 90s?

ccsmith
User

Postby ccsmith » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Good afternoon all,

Thank you very much for the reply Xaphus. I raided with VV for roughly three weeks on their mythic team. I thoroughly enjoyed everyone's company. They are a great team. I spoke with the raid lead a few days in advance to leaving. I explained that the early raid times were putting pressure on my family life. My wife and daughter will always have priority. I would often come home and go straight to my computer. My wife expressed that she was unhappy with the situation. Putting me in a difficult position, I chose to keep my wife happy.
I have absolutely nothing but positive things to say about VV, and I cherish my time there. I understand that there is some form of qualm between these two guilds that happened prior to me coming to this realm. I took no part in any of it. So do as you must to slander my name. While on the team I was loyal, never missed raid, always contributed to the team when I could, via flasks and feasts. I am sad to see the love was only one way and not returned.
That being said, I will be online tomorrow evening and will most certainly add you via friends to speak with you in person.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

ccsmith
User

Postby ccsmith » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:27 pm

To elaborate,

The 530 PST raid start was what I could not continue.
Raiding at 700 PST allows me time to get my daughter settled and in bed is what I am aiming for.

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:37 pm

ccsmith wrote:To elaborate,

The 530 PST raid start was what I could not continue.
Raiding at 700 PST allows me time to get my daughter settled and in bed is what I am aiming for.

Hey thanks for your response, yes there are a few differences between our guilds but we at Simple Math try to stay as professional as possible when it comes to the public. Jokes aside we want to progress and have fun with our team! Just a small correction about our time. You said 7:00pm PST, we start raid at 6:00pm PST and end at 9:00pm PST. If that is a problem there are no hard feelings ^_^ but we would still love to chat and see how we can make things work.

- Xaphus

ccsmith
User

Postby ccsmith » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:50 pm

Ah, that must have been an oversight on my part. 6pm would be too early for me. I read it in my mind as 900 CST which would have been 700 for me. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Thank you very much for your consideration.

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:54 pm

Darenia wrote:Just letting you guys know as a common courtesy he was only with VV for a week before quitting. Considering his prior reason for leaving is because we, VV, raid too much compared to what SM raids now is curious. Ty for your time.

Darenia,

Thank you for the reply/heads-up. In the future please message us in-game, as we don't want to start (what can be perceived as) public shaming/smearing. Especially if no one knows the full story or if he/she doesn't want certain information shared in a public forum. If you have any questions or issues, you can message me anytime.

Thanks

Xaphus
User

Postby Xaphus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Anytime! Good luck and remember to always have fun!

- Xaphus

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”