Even Baddier Baddies
Blaserr
User

Unholy DK that's fallen from the heavens

Postby Blaserr » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:52 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: Noah / Californina
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
I do
- How long have you played WoW:
Since around the release of Sunwell in TBC

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
12/12N ICC, 6/7N FL, 5/8H DS, 8/14H (Pre-Myhtic) SoO, 3/7M HM, 9/10M BRF, 10/13M HFC, 3/7M EN, 3/3H ToV, 3/10M NH, 4/9H ToS

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I've been guild hopping more than usual in legion since I haven't been able to find a stable guild for a while and thus I've forgotten a few of their names.

EN: Was playing a mage at the time and changed guilds a couple times since I had some computer troubles and weren't able to get into mythic early on because of it. Landed in <SM> towards the end of EN and stayed there for a little while progressing through mythic and some of ToV

ToV: Just about at the end of ToV, <SM> split and I went with one of side of the guild to form <Anthaz>.

NH: There were high hopes for NH, but not too much skill to cover it so it took a VERY long time to get heroic Gul'dan down... The guild started to slowly drift apart while only (barely) killing the first 3 bosses in mythic. During that time I switched from my mage over to a lock due to a needed class/a small want to play one. Towards the end of NH, again there was some drama and caused the guild to split.

ToS: Deciding to attempt to go back to my roots as a DK, I swapped once again and left <Anthaz> with the better portion of the raiders from it. Ended up in <The Reunion Tour> a bit under-geared. Started out okay, but I wasn't invited to heroics due to lower gear levels (even though they still can't kill H KJ...) and am now kinda stuck at a low gear level. Which brings me to here!

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Blaserr (Soon to be Daser again) Unholy DK (I have a lock and mage that are still decently geared, but I'll leave those out unless you guys want to know)
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... in/blaserr

- Race, professions & why you chose them:
Blood Elf, Blacksmithing/mining. Originally chose them towards the start of the expac to help with gearing quicker, but didn't end up playing a plate in the end/didn't play the dk much then so it ended up being useless. Blood elf for that sweet sweet arcane torrent generation

- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec?
Unholy main-spec with Frost off-spec. I play w/e is optimal at the time so if it happens to be frost, then I'll be playing frost. I do have an understanding of frost so it's not a hard switch for me. Attempting to start Blood so I'll get back to you on that one.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
To keep it a bit short and not filling the whole page with a rotation, I'll stick to the rough basics.
Opener: Army at 7 sec to pull, Outbreak, Festering Strike to 6+ festering wound, Outbreak, Apoc, Valk, Dark Transformation, Dark Succor if proc, dump RP, Arcane torrent ~70RP, Festering >45RP, Scourge Strike if 7 festering wound.
Basic: FS if no festering wounds, SS if at least 1 festering wound/Scourge of the Worlds Proc, DC if no festering wounds/no runes

- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)?
56 Traits in UH, 47 in Frost, 35 in Blood

- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any?
Instructors Fourth Lesson, Aggramar's Stride Equipped. Sephuz, KJ Burning Wish in bags.
Please blizzard... PLEASE GIVE ME THE SHOULDERS, PLEASE. And the Chest, come on blizzard, just this one time.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Unless the Darby (Dark Arbiter) bug has been fixed, haste is less valuable than first thought of but the stat priorities still stay about the same.
Strength > Haste >= Mastery > Crit > Vers are my stat priorities atm since I'm a tad low on haste.
There are haste breakpoints that you can try to reach, but with the Darby bug, it's not as viable to go for a very high breakpoint. 14, 23, 34 are a few breakpoints, but until the bug gets fixed (if it hasn't already) I might try to toy around with the 23% breakpoint if I don't lose too much mastery for it, but I'm feeling decently comfortable where I'm at.

- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
Most of my research is done on the DK discord reading some updated guides that posted there or reading what people may be talking about. I also sim my character after some notable gear upgrades or a new legendary drops to see what I can swap out for any improvements. I've recently heard of raidbots which is actually pretty useful as well so I'm starting to use that a bit more.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... in/blaserr God I'm embarrassed of these absolute garbage numbers... It tilts me every time I look at these...

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
High endish computer with an i6/16gb ram/gtx 1060 6gb. Something above 60 for sure, I don't pay too much attention to FPS since it's not a problem for me anymore.

- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
Well, to be completely honest, I was looking at your DKs and I don't really know if I'd be able to get a spot with those gods on the roster. It's going to be tough for sure, but I actually want a guild that's able to challenge my skill as a player and be able to push me as far as I can go. With those gods on the roster, I think I might be able to ascend to the power of a god. I'll be the Vegita to their Goku.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
A friend of mine who happens to be in your guild (Auriie) was talking about you guys for a bit. I mentioned having shit luck finding a guild so she's been trying to get me to app even though I don't have the parses for it atm. At least I tried right.

- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
Idk if you wanted a specific place in New York, so I just picked some random place there.
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6470091282.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).
please blizzard.... PLEASE

Copia
User

Re: Unholy DK that's fallen from the heavens

Postby Copia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:35 pm

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I've been guild hopping more than usual in legion since I haven't been able to find a stable guild for a while and thus I've forgotten a few of their names.

Sounds like a real good long-term raider for 3 weeks.....
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Dad
User

Postby Dad » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:35 pm

According to raider.io, you've done a grand total of 3 m+ dungeons since 7.2.5. Why do you reject free 930 gear?

Blaserr
User

Postby Blaserr » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:09 pm

I've only been guild hopping since every guild I've been in this expac hasn't lasted more than around a month so I've been forced to swap guilds or fall behind. If I'd been able to find a stable spot, I would've been there.
As for the m+'s, I don't have the money for carries nor friends that on frequently to carry me for a 15. I've pretty much been on my own for gearing since 7.2.5, which is when I swapped to my DK, so naturally I wasn't able to get a stable 15 every week. That and working a lot because of summer break means I didn't have much time to attempt to queue for one all day. But now that I have a bit more of a stable schedule, I've had time to devote a day or so to try and get one.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:00 pm

pugging 10s before 7.2.5 was a mixed bag, but pugging 10s now is pretty trivial. you have completed two between level 10-14 and zero at level 15 or above. if you can't commit time to doing at least a single m+ 10 or higher every week and having two 52+ weapons do you feel that you have time to commit to mythic-level raiding and prep?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”