User

Frost/Blood DK

Postby chillbias » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:43 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: Calgary, AB
- Number of Testicles:
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since t2
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I was a US top 30 raider till T15. I have killed everything till that point along that progression level.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Section 8, Midnight Sanctuary, Tyranny. Got burnt out and needed a break from the game. Took almost 3 years to fully come back

Character Information:
- Name & Class: Chillbias, Frost/Blood DK
- Link to battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ias/simple
- Race, professions & why you chose them: Orc.
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Frost/Blood. I used to be a main tank till I switched to fill a slot for dps back in about t10. Since then I have stuck with DPS but I do play my OS a lot.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Varied
- How many artifact traits do you have in your weapons (all specs)? 40. Working on the last rank before the AP dump rank
- Which legendaries do you have? Are you currently farming any? Screwed up in this and my first two legendaries came as blood. I do have the frost helm and working on another piece
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Crit, haste, versa, mastery
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Forum threads and talking with old progression raiders who still theory alongside me

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Zj ... amage-done
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid? 40+ in raid
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I have a ton of experience as a progression raider. I know what it means to learn my class per encounter and I know what I need to do to excel as a dps or tank for my gear and class mechanics vs raid mechanics
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? You responded to a thread. I am currently at the point of starting to work my way back into the game and I am looking for a solid raid group to go into tomb with
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

Xaphus
User

Re: Frost/Blood DK

Postby Xaphus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:09 am

chillbias wrote:- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

I think you may have forgotten this :D but so far I've read through your app looks well. I'll have my Officer take a look asap :) if you have any questions please reply here.

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:37 am

Well review during work

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:37 am

thanks for the app! just a few things -

chillbias wrote:- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Varied

could you elaborate a little on your normal use cases? what buffs/debuffs do you keep up, what procs do you look for, what abilities do you use on cooldown vs wait to use, etc.

chillbias wrote:- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Crit, haste, versa, mastery

any particular quantities where each stat becomes "less good" and you move onto the next? i'm just curious how you select between two items other than "crit good, mastery bad"

chillbias wrote:- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? Forum threads and talking with old progression raiders who still theory alongside me

have you used any simulation tools in the past? have you found them useful?

chillbias wrote:- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:

please

chillbias wrote:- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.

head to the speedtest and pingtest sites please from your home computer and select a new york destination - it only takes a minute. once complete there will be an option to link the results here.

chillbias wrote:- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).

please
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

chillbias
User

Postby chillbias » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:04 pm

Normal rotation is varied like I said cause it depends on the boss. If there are going to be adds within the first 20 seconds I wont pop remoresless right away. If there arent then remorseless in last 2 seconds of pull timer then, Howling, Obliterate, Breath, Hungering Rune, Fury, HB if rime proc, otherwise obliterate everytime i dip past 80 RP so that I can keep breath up as long as possible. After that its button mash HB on rime, obliterate, FS every time i need to dump rp and remorseless on cd. My Pillar and blood fury are macro bound to my obliterate.

Stats are sim based, and hence gear based at that snap shot. Crit will always be primary with haste 2nd best. Versa and mastery are floating points and will vary in value with new artifact talents. I am a few days away from getting the versa dump on my artifact so I cant judge yet exactly which will be best.

Yes I use a sim tool. Their usefulness is something that I think people lean on a little too much at times but it is a good way of getting a general snap shot of where you can be and what certain gear will do for you on a patchwork.

The speed and ping test sites wont let me get the links. They shut down the popup the moment i click on them to get access to the links.
Speednet.net to Optimum online was 94ms/24.88 down/3.86 up

I will send a pic of my ui if abslutely necessary next time im in a raid. It is just a standard elvui.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:13 pm

the screenshot is mostly for us to have a look at your timers so it would be helpful. please finish up the last question as well so we can proceed. if you'd like some examples head over to the accepted applicants forum.
if you never tasted joy

chillbias
User

Postby chillbias » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:16 pm

chillbias
User

Postby chillbias » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:27 pm

And thank you for your time. I have too much on my hands with getting radiation done at the hospital right now to even think of doing a picture in MS paint so I will withdraw my app since it seems mandatory to you guys for some reason. Thanks

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:28 pm

best of luck with your guild search.
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”