Famise
User

Famise - Guardian Druid

Postby Famise » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:15 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location:

17, New York

- Number of Testicles:

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?

No, I had a crap phone when it was released and I've never decided to activate it

- How long have you played WoW:

3 years

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

HC Guldan and my best mythic boss is Ursoc

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:

Famise - Druid

- Link to Battle.net Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Famise/simple

- Race & why you chose it:

Night Elf because Worgen is ugly, On horde I would be a Tauren because of the stamina

- Professions and why you choose them:

Alch/Herb I don't want to buy pots and I'm not paying a bot to get my herbs for me

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

Guardian - I play Balance occasionally

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):

Guardian - I prefer survivability to damage so I prioritize Vers >= Mastery > Haste > Crit
ideally my stats would look around ~17% Vers ~17% Mastery ~15% Haste and ~12% Crit but I am currently very low on Haste

Balance - The generally accepted build for Balance is Haste >= Mastery > Crit > Vers, I enjoy playing Balance but currently my gear for Guardian really doesn't support it, as 30% haste would be ideal and I have ~10%

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:

Guardian - Use mangle and thrash when they are up, use moonfire when galactic guardian procs, and swipe to fill
I use ironfur whenever I am actively tanking and will use mark of ursol when magic damage is coming in. If I am not actively tanking I will use maul to avoid capping on rage

Balance - Apply both dots, dump moon spells, use starsurge if st and need to spend resources, use starfall if 2+ and need to spend resources, use empowered solar wrath and lunar strike, otherwise use solar wrath to build resources

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

I left a guild I raided Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor with because they decided to stop organized raiding after some broken promises from the GL's friends
I left my last guild when half of the raid team left after our ~40 wipes on Guldan, and the rest decided to leave or stop playing

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):

https://www.screencast.com/t/iW6Mpc4g

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22467849/latest

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?

I posted on reddit and and my spec caught your eye

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

CPU i7 - 4790 3.6 GHz
GPU GTX 750 Ti
Memory 16 GB
FPS is usually around 90 unless its botanist then my computer goes on vacation

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6083971199
http://www.pingtest.net/result/159534766.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
oh boy

https://www.screencast.com/t/QqjLLQO4j0fG

grouch
Admin

Re: Famise - Guardian Druid

Postby grouch » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Famise wrote:17, New York

where in new york?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Famise
User

Postby Famise » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:04 pm

upstate, Saratoga Country

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:49 am

Famise wrote:upstate, Saratoga Country

oh word - i got my degree in rochester, ny then moved to nyc for ten years, now i'm back in rochester.

Famise wrote:- Age & Location:

17, New York

you're a bit younger than most people in the guild, do you think this will be an issue? are you able to take harsh criticism and deal with colorful language? how about a school schedule, you'll be able to make all raid days and hours consistently with no exceptions? do you forsee your schedule changing in the next 1-2 years that might prevent you from raiding?

Famise wrote:- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?

No, I had a crap phone when it was released and I've never decided to activate it

pick up one of the tokens - it's wise to use two factor authentication, especially as a member of a raiding guild who is relied on. if your account is compromised then you put your raid at a disadvantage while attempting the recovery process.

http://gear.blizzard.com/authenticators
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Darenia
User

Postby Darenia » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:11 pm

I left a guild I raided Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor with because they decided to stop organized raiding after some broken promises from the GL's friends
I left my last guild when half of the raid team left after our ~40 wipes on Guldan, and the rest decided to leave or stop playing

Although i can understand your frustration with wiping, were you part of the half that left? I ask because with mythic raiding there can be A LOT of that happening. Would you be able to handle it?
Eon: well... I was insinuating your other bunny >.> you know... sexual innuendo?
Darenia: OHH...i got a Hitachi. DONT NEED THE RABBIT ANYMORE.
Eon: arent those the really old virtual pets from the 90s?

Famise
User

Postby Famise » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:42 pm

grouch wrote:
you're a bit younger than most people in the guild, do you think this will be an issue? are you able to take harsh criticism and deal with colorful language? how about a school schedule, you'll be able to make all raid days and hours consistently with no exceptions? do you forsee your schedule changing in the next 1-2 years that might prevent you from raiding?

As far as my age goes I don't feel like it would be an issue, I've been playing with people a lot older than I am since I was 12, so it doesn't bother me whatsoever. My school schedule is completely fine with the raid times as long as the times stay the same, my boss doesn't schedule me for these days as well because they are all school nights. Obviously things can come up every once in a while, but they can for everyone. In terms of college I don't plan on taking late night classes, and I doubt my work schedule will change because the college and high school students share the same shifts.

Famise
User

Postby Famise » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Darenia wrote:Although i can understand your frustration with wiping, were you part of the half that left? I ask because with mythic raiding there can be A LOT of that happening. Would you be able to handle it?

Wiping a lot doesn't really bother me that much, also in mythic I don't expect to just walk through everything.

The way that my last guild broke up was a bit odd I guess.
We were wiping on Guldan a lot and there was really no progression taking place, after about 3 hours of it the RL just dropped from discord and the raid. At that point a lot of people who were getting frustrated left the raid as well. Pretty soon I got invited to a new discord with about half of the raid team. I noticed that this was the half of the raid team that was very cliquey and this also included the raid leader (by cliquey I mean that in loot council they would argue that there friends should get the loot despite stat priorities). They asked me to tank for their new guild and I decided that I didn't want to join a guild with a RL like that. I did leave the guild fairly fast, but I did after I was sure it was over (the RL left).

I completely understand that mythic is going to have a lot of wipes, I'm usually listening to music so its very hard to get me frustrated.

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:40 pm

What is a lot? Sometimes a boss can be 200 pulls (random number). 3 hours of guldan, is probably about 10 mins per attempt, so lets say 40ish attempts. That is not a lot. Sometimes, it takes a lot of dieing/wiping to learn mechanics.

Famise wrote:
Darenia wrote:Although i can understand your frustration with wiping, were you part of the half that left? I ask because with mythic raiding there can be A LOT of that happening. Would you be able to handle it?

Wiping a lot doesn't really bother me that much, also in mythic I don't expect to just walk through everything.

We were wiping on Guldan a lot and there was really no progression taking place, after about 3 hours of it the RL just dropped from discord and the raid. At that point a lot of people who were getting frustrated left the raid as well. Pretty soon I got invited to a new discord with about half of the raid team. I noticed that this was the half of the raid team that was very cliquey and this also included the raid leader (by cliquey I mean that in loot council they would argue that there friends should get the loot despite stat priorities). They asked me to tank for their new guild and I decided that I didn't want to join a guild with a RL like that. I did leave the guild fairly fast, but I did after I was sure it was over (the RL left).

I completely understand that mythic is going to have a lot of wipes, I'm usually listening to music so its very hard to get me frustrated.

Famise
User

Postby Famise » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Raynorxx wrote:What is a lot? Sometimes a boss can be 200 pulls (random number). 3 hours of guldan, is probably about 10 mins per attempt, so lets say 40ish attempts. That is not a lot. Sometimes, it takes a lot of dieing/wiping to learn mechanics.

Famise wrote:

The only reason I said a lot is because my guild spent 3 nights attempting HC Guldan and people were clearly done with even trying. Like I said the wipes didn't bother me. I completely understand that mythic is a different beast, and I think that wiping 200 just makes the kill more exciting, however I think that my last guild didn't think that way.

Raynorxx
User

Postby Raynorxx » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:24 pm

We're going to pass on this app at this point in time. Best of luck in your guild search.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”