Rei#1964 - Rayvennes - Restoration Shaman

Even Baddier Baddies
Rei
User

Rei#1964 - Rayvennes - Restoration Shaman

Postby Rei » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:46 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 24, Florida
- Number of Testicles: 2, though they may be the size of baseballs, and I may have cancer.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since md-BC
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
6/6H, Cutting Edge (now Mythic) MSV
11/13H (now Mythic) ToT (As Mage)
13/13M SoO, Realm First (US 98th) (As Hunter)
7/7M Highmaul, Realm First (US 76th) (As Mage)
13/13M HFC (Got Archimonde in the pre-patch) (As Brewmaster, until Mannoroth then Mage)
7/7M EN, Cutting Edge (as Resto Shaman)
1/10M NH

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Rayvennes (though I'd change it on the xfer, but it'd have Rei in it), Restoration shaman (willing to flex to DPS, but most comfortable and experienced as Resto in Legion)
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... nes/simple
- Race & why you chose it: Troll, it's the best race for shamans.
- Professions and why you choose them: Professions no longer matter, I have enchanting/engineering for convenience, when I picked them up they were relatively strong for raiding.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Resto, Elemental OS. I don't particularly play Elemental, but am willing to pick it up as main spec or a swing spec for the benefit of the raid.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Restoration:
Stack crit until you generate enough mana through resurgence that you will OOM when the boss dies, then mastery. However, due to the nature of a lot of the gear in NH most shamans are stacking further crit as a lot of gear is itemized that way, and with enough crit anything that isn't a chain heal is a waste.

Elemental:
Stack mastery/crit, they're relatively close depending on legendaries and fights things change up a little bit, but those two are always safe. For M+ haste can be very strong for lightning rod build.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
As Resto:
Cast rip tide, healing stream, cloud burst, and artifact ability on CD, spam chain heal otherwise. Also mix in healing waves as necessary to maintain mana during low damage phases. It can be worth it to consume Tidal Waves, but it depends on legendaries, and even then isn't always worth it if you can get away with just using chain heal. Healing Rain can be worth it, but you need a lot of targets who don't just run out of it for fun.

As Elemental:
The ability priority varies depending on your talents, the fight and legendaries, but it bakes down to this:
Maintain Flame Shock
Use Lava Burst on CD (unless over 92 Maelstrom)
Use Earthshock above 92, UNLESS spec'd for Icefury then you need to make sure you've used Icefury and consumed its charges
Spam Lightning Bolt for filler, unless 2 or more targets then just chain lightning

Use CDs a lot, don't delay them if it will mean less per fight, though it may be worth holding some if adds will spawn soon.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I've been in many guilds, but only a few for raiding since Mists.

Unparalleled (ToT)- Guild disbanded

Imba (SoO, HM, early BRF) - My father had a massive heart attack and I was beginning grad school. Had to choose between my job, my future, my family and raiding. I chose to drop raiding temporarily for a few months.

Wumbology (HFC, EN, Present) - My reasons for leaving Wumbology are complex. I've been the raid leader since Emerald Nightmare, a position I never asked for and that has placed more emotional stress on me than I care to discuss here. Balancing raiding with real life friends, and new online friends has been a terrible juggle. Juggling a full time job, grad school, and raid leading for a guild are more than I ever wanted. Now that I've graduated grad school it's time to move on.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/8036
Prior to M Ilgy'noth progression I am "Xyrei" in those logs as a mage.
If you'd like logs from my Realm First kills they can still be dug up somewhere.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I decided to leave my guild and began looking. The officer Storm reached out to me, and here I am. I do not know anyone in Simple Math.
I chose Simple Math from a number of similar offers, despite longer raid nights (with similar or the same progression) because I watched a stream that was largely a full night of wiping and liked what I saw. While you were wiping repetitively on an "easy" boss your raiders/officers while frustrated continued to adapt and attempt to fix the issue. Downtime seemed purposeful as opposed to sitting around for lack of any idea what to do. There was more nitpicking than I'm accustomed to, but your logs and attitudes seemed in line with what I'm looking for. It helped that the officer I spoke to was pleasant and didn't seem fake or like he was trying to dress up your guild. So props, and thanks for that regardless of if you decide I'm a good candidate.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
My computer is a custom build so it doesn't have a "kind".
CPU: Intel i7-5820k @3.3GHz (I could overclock it, but I'd probably blow the water cooler as the case is terribly vented)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz (Relatively fast RAM common to gamers with custom builds who want the Corsair name)
GPU: nVidia GTX 980

My monitor is 4K and visually caps at 60 FPS, though I usually benchmark in the 80-90s regardless of raid size.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6056883662
http://www.pingtest.net/result/159187663.png

I actually have a significantly stronger connection than the tests seem to convey and I'm not sure why it can't test packet loss. I experience none (I raided on university net for years so I know packet loss when it occurs). I've never had connection issues. I'm not your "OMG Lag" or "Sorry guys...I DC a few times a week" player.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

You said draw, so I used the pencil and no colors, because I ain't some cheating ass bitch.

Stormingire
User

Re: Rei#1964 - Rayvennes - Restoration Shaman

Postby Stormingire » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:06 pm

So aside from being a bit behind in gear and AP (those just take some time to fix), the main thing I'm seeing is that your Healing Rain and Healing Stream usage are low.

As far as your thought process for HR goes, it's actually pretty spot on. HR isn't the greatest ability to cast when you can't hit max targets, at least as far as efficiency goes (throughput is another story). That said when you can hit max targets (6), it's something you're going to want to be using in raids almost on CD as long as healing needs to be done.

HST on the other hand really just needs to be used on CD so long as any healing needs to be done, so long as you can afford the global (usually you can).

Other then that your spell usage and mana management seems fine.

Rei
User

Postby Rei » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:26 pm

I won't make any excuses for my usage of either, because my healing is definitely CH heavy. I'm aware that if/when I equip the tier set HST becomes even more important and my low usage is somewhat criminal.

As the driving member of my guild's loot council I've intentionally refused gear until I was the last person to get it. With the exclusion of my tier cloak every item I wear was looted to me last. I'm aware that makes me less appealing to guilds from a raw numbers perspective, but my mindset towards gear I feel is an asset.

My AP in Resto and Elemental is admittedly behind, but something that could be fixed in a couple of weeks of grinding. I rerolled midway through M EN progression, leveling my shaman from 100 and gearing it into the 860s in a couple of days for the guild of my guild. The unfortunate result being I had the displeasure of leveling AK to 25 twice with virtually no catch-up mechanics.

Rei
User

Postby Rei » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Status Update:
I just wanted to thank your officers for their time in reviewing my application. I was offered a trial with a 5/10m guild to commenced on Tuesday with the condition that I farm 33 million AP by that date.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Rei

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”