User

Shadow Priest~~

Postby Revival » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: Age: 22. Location: California
- Number of Testicles: 0
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? I do use an authenticator
- How long have you played WoW: Since Vanilla WoW
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I have raided every instance since Vanilla. I was on EU servers raiding with my brothers in guilds that pushed end tier bosses. I have personally killed BC bosses through Cataclysm, until I took a break for MoP. Warlords I killed all end bosses.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Katily - Shadow Priest
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ily/simple
- Race & why you chose it: Blood Elf because most Horde races are not very fun to look at and Legion made racials not as important.
- Professions and why you choose them: Herbalism and Alchemy. I chose them to make my own flasks/pots and to sell.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I can also play Disc Priest
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Besides intellect being main stat, Haste and Crit are main priority stats for Shadow Priest. Haste and Crit are also the main stats for Disc Priest.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Without being in Voidform, my build up is: Mind Blast - Maintaining Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch with Mind Flay as a filler. During Voidform my rotation is: Void Torrent - Void Bolt - Shadowfiend - Shadow Word: Death with 2 stacks unless almost falling out of Voidform, and Mind Blast.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: My most recent guild is DPS Matters. I am leaving because I do not find the environment enjoyable, the GM is hard to talk to, and the officers are also difficult to contact and talk to. I have played a WW Monk and Feral Druid. I main swapped from WW Monk to Feral Druid for a little, until I decided ultimately I want to play a ranged class - which is my Shadow Priest. I am not 7/7 Mythic due to these main swaps, as I had to gear up before they wanted to bring me in. I will be getting 7/7 Mythic in the coming week and be caught up with current boss kills.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID): https://gyazo.com/7c7a97e899f8f53619821926977a108d
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: I currently do not have logs for my priest.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I know Xaphus in the guild. Simple Math because the guild pushes for end content and that is what I am looking for.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I use an ASUS laptop. CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz. Memory: 12.0 GB
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
speedtest.net: Download: 49.42, Upload: 18.47, Ping: 37. pingtest.net: Ping: 40 ms, Jitter: 7 ms.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
https://gyazo.com/7e47613ec02e3a033b7be07de2004861

Oneshot
User

Re: Shadow Priest~~

Postby Oneshot » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Hello and thank you for applying!

Couple quick questions.
What Is your current point investment in your artifact weapons and what knowledge are you at?

What was your Progress in Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor on your main before swapping to your priest?

Revival
User

Postby Revival » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:58 pm

I have one research done for my artifact knowledge as I just hit 110 on December 29th. I currently have 16 points, almost 17.

My progression in EN was 4/7M and ToV was 3/3 H.

Shayleen
User

Postby Shayleen » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:40 am

Few questions.

So you've switched mains 3 times in this expansion? I understand not enjoying what you are playing but what makes you certain if we accept you and catch you up in gear that you wont just "main switch" again? You haven't been a priest very long this go around. And it doesn't look like you've exclusively played a priest in the past.

How do you go about preparing for fights you aren't familiar with?

What is your monk and druids name? Do you have logs for them?

I think you should run a LFR or pug a raid and run logs.

Revival
User

Postby Revival » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:22 am

This expansion, most of the gearing I have done for my toons I did myself. In the past, I did play my druid and priest exclusively. I did pvp with both, playing feral and disc. I raided as feral and as shadow in the past, during WoD I did not enjoy the changes that they did very much so I played her in a weekend guild just for fun. I haven't played priest much this expansion, but have enjoyed it since I started playing. As for new fights, I watch videos and read guides. I am in the Priest Discord asking questions that I would like to know and have been looking at what other Shadow Priests are doing. My monk's name is Katily on Kil'Jaeden and my Druid's name is Katsel on Kil'Jaeden. I don't personally run logs. As for main swapping concerns, Monk I wasn't very comfortable with and right now I am enjoying Shadow Priest way more compared to Feral, I just did not give it a chance at first when Legion launched. I don't plan on main swapping again as I have found a class that I enjoy - playing Shadow and Disc.

Zenophix
User

Postby Zenophix » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Logs are a way to more or less judge competence and your ability to play your spec at a high level. If you don't know how to run them I would have no issue helping you set them up. I'm also curious to why you aren't comfortable playing your monk is it because of hit combo? If so why shadow priest as s2m is alot more complex.

Oneshot
User

Postby Oneshot » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:11 am

We are going to pass on your application at this time. We would want to see more effort put into the character before trialing,

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”