Even Baddier Baddies
Aelanni
User

Aelanni - Brewmaster Monk

Postby Aelanni » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:44 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 23 - Near Seattle, WA
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes, since the year it became available.
- How long have you played WoW: Since Vanilla release, so 2004.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla - Molten Core/Onyxia;
Burning Crusade - Everything;
Wrath - Everything minus half of ICC and Onyxia;
Cataclysm - None (did not play during this time);
Mists of Pandaria - Terrace, Siege, ToT were all completed;
Draenor - Cleared Highmaul, BRF (late), and HFC all through Heroic;
Legion - Heroic EN, 2/3 Heroic HoV with attempts on Helya.
Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Aelanni - Monk
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/U ... i/advanced
- Race & why you chose it: Blood Elf - Best monk animations and the bonus to crit/enchanting/aoe silence makes them really great for both PvP and PvE; also gives a second interrupt on a long cooldown that can help grouping up casters.
- Professions and why you chose them: Enchanting/Mining - Needed a personal enchanter and mining was lucrative early on in Legion.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Brewmaster - Windwalker - Mistweaver in that order; I play Windwalker pretty frequently as it was my original main during the start of Legion before I went back to my tanking roots a month in (I've tanked in basically every MMO I've played). I still know correct rotations and talenting for WW and keep up with the changes happening to it but stick to tanking as much as I can. As for Mistweaver, I use it to clear Heroic Dungeons for Call to Arms, sometimes raid with it if I need to, and I exclusively PvP as Mistweaver for the most part.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Brewmaster is a little bit complicated in terms of stat priorities as there is still no current simulated stat weighting for them. Current thinking leaves us believing that most stats are pretty close to each other (weightings of 5~7 and that they are all dependent on fight/situation/etc. If you have very talented healers I believe Crit is better than claimed by others.

Currently I am focusing on maintaining Haste around 15-18% > Versatility > Mastery to 104.5% dodge breakpoint (for raid bosses) = Crit > Mastery above breakpoint > Haste over 18.34%. My choice in 18.34% haste is that when using High Tolerance talent that grants 15% haste at high stagger it leaves you at 33.34% haste which lets us have Blackout Strike at 2 second cooldown flat and GCD at 1 making it easy to weave GCD's. Mastery breakpoints are (104.5% - Base Dodge when flasked) / Hit Number; I have high mastery gear currently so I am aiming for 1 out of 4 hits so ~30.5%.

Windwalker priority is Mastery 4500 over... > Vers 800 over... > Crit, keep Haste Sub-10%.
Mistweaver priority is Vers > Leech > Crit > Haste > Avoidance > Mastery for raiding, with Haste becoming top stat in dungeons assuming mana is a nonissue followed by Mastery being second top priority.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
The goal is to maximize brews generated and to keep maximum uptime on our damage reduction abilities. So I start every pull by chugging 3 Ironskin Brew and reset with Black Ox Brew and another Ironskin to minimize the wasted recharge time. Then in order of importance with Blackout Combo (higher damage talent, most brews unless consistent high stagger - can change come Nighthold 2-piece set bonus):
Offense:
Keg Smash > Blackout Strike > Breath of Fire > Tiger Palm - Goal is to ensure you are Blackout Comboing Keg Smash then BoF at all times. If using High Tolerance this changes slightly to:
Keg Smash > Breath of Fire > Tiger Palm (if above 65 Energy) > Blackout Strike (if boss does melee damage or you need the damage) > Tiger Palm.
Defense: Drink Ironskin Brews to ensure I'm not losing recharge time, Purifying Brew as needed - this is governed by determining a couple things. If I just took a large burst of damage to put Stagger very high (think Odyn spears, Cenarius spears, Il'gynoth Nightmarish Fury), healers are unable to cope with stagger damage which is based on my own judgment in combination with my weak aura showing stagger damage relative to recently staggered damage, or you are staggering as much damage as you are taking (stagger emptying at same rate as gaining stagger) which indicates it is not benefiting you.
I can discuss Windwalker/Mistweaver priorities if you want also, it has not changed outside of openers since Legion launch (part of my Windwalker app ~3 months ago).
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I was last in a raiding guild long-term back in Wrath of the Lich King and I cannot remember it's name given how long it's been; and in MoP I was part of a PvP guild on our server cluster. I left both due to late High School followed by University work taking too much of my time to keep up with playing at a high level.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
Recent H-Xavius Kill, I can get a full H-EN raid log later if you want.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4x ... s&source=5

Mythic 12 EoA PUG I Completed for Weekly Chest
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KkJXaPq1RMhYT36p/
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
My reasoning for submitting an application is that in addition to being a group of people that share the same goals and capacity of high level play which align with my own, you are also recruiting a tank for your roster which is rare for our server cluster. I feel I could bring my own strive for self-improvement and analytical skills to your raid team as a tank that can help brainstorm future encounters in addition to playing at a top level for my class and role. It is also important to me to have other high level players capable of critiqueing my own play as this would help me to improve my own play and in doing so, the rest of the team.
I found you guys through a combination of our server's trade chat and browsing WoWProgress while searching for local guilds recruiting tanks that were progressing through Mythic content. While I have not played with any of you (to my knowledge) I have talked with a couple of you before in addition to some trading. I have been working to change people's opinion of Brewmasters for the last couple months of Legion and have been leaving almost everyone I run with with their opinions changed on just how effective we are and I'm hoping I might be able to do the same with you!

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Just rebuilt my computer so relatively new: Windows 10 w/ i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000, Nvidia GTX 970 - Typical FPS during 25 man is usually around 70-80ish, I've been waiting to drop my settings to reach 120-144 FPS when I get a new monitor eventually.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5895034437
As of writing this, it appears the East Coast (I checked Virginia and New York) pingtest servers are down or not functioning. I instead tested to Chicago servers:
http://www.pingtest.net/result/156732572.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

Stormingire
User

Re: Aelanni - Brewmaster Monk

Postby Stormingire » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:52 am

We're gonna pass on this app at this point in time. Best of luck in your guild search.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”