any spec priest, shaman, druid, or paladin.

Even Baddier Baddies
Highwind
User

any spec priest, shaman, druid, or paladin.

Postby Highwind » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:28 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 27, western Connecticut

- occupation: I recently started my own Lacrosse company and have been building it from the ground up.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes

- How long have you played WoW: Since Vanilla

- Endgame experience:

Right from the start at lvl 60 in vanilla I was raiding Ony/MC/BWL. I started playing wow because of my friend and joined his guild when I started, that guild was a top ally guild on stormreaver and I learned the progression raiding lifestyle right away. I understand preparing for raids, having buffs and supplies, reading everything available about fights and the type of performance needed for progression raiding. I am no stranger to being asked to sit for someone better, giving loot out based on the guild best interests, or switching out for someone that needs specific boss loot. I have all the professions between my chars and I typically supply a lot of the raid materials for my current guild, I also make decent gold and in the past have gone as far paying for a guildies subscription, so I am definitely team oriented. I have been a raid healer since I started playing and have always healed, never had much interest in DPS and picked healing for faster ques and an easier time finding groups. I have been through numerous healing changes since vanilla and understand the concepts and rotations for any of my characters. I believe you can know the rotations and buttons better than anybody, but as a healer if you don't know the fight extremely well then you will do a ton of over healing. understanding the different types of damage and when it comes in during a fight in the key to successfully healing.

In vanilla I cleared Ony, MC, BWL, AQ40 and half of Naxx40.

BC I cleared Tempest Keep, SSC, and Black Temple.

did not play between WoTLK and Cata while I was in college because I just did not have time being a student athlete and a pre law major.

Came back in late MoP at the release of Siege of Orgrimmar, leveled my 4 chars and joined my current guild that was just starting 25 normal. Before WoD I had two chars with legendary cloaks and my priest/shaman were over 565 ilvl, my druid and paladin were around 550ish. I cleared heroic garrosh on 10 and 25 player and have the achievements. typically being top raid heals and assisting in leading the raid.

I quit right before WoD and just picked up wow 2 months ago. followed my usual pattern of leveling all 4 chars and gearing their healing and damage specs as best I'm able to. right now my guild is NEVER on, so I can only run PUG mythics and normal HFC. all 4 of my characters at 690-710ish in both healing and DPS gear. I know that gear does not compare at all to anything like what this guild wears, but I think for only being back for two months and only being able to PUG raids I have accomplished a lot and improved all of my chars as much as possible.

In todays WoW with so much information available on the raids and boss mechanics, add ons like DBM that warns you of everything and gives you a radar of if your positioning is OK, down to the more simple ability/talent pools and focuses for each class its kind of hard to be terrible at raiding in my opinion. I tend to only need to see something a few times before getting it and following a good plan is never an issue. I have been in raids competing for server first kills in vanilla with healing touch and regrowth rank 5-8 on my bars hitting different ones to save mana haha, WoW is much different now thankfully and I think being a successful raider depends on what steps you take to prepare, how well you can follow the leaders plan for mechanics, and pinpoint/correct mistakes and issues.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Reishighwind: priest, usually disc spec but I might be changing that to holy with the legion changes. I am not sure if either atonement is just not that great, or I don't have good enough gear yet to be as effective as I was prior to the changes. in MoP I was always #1 on raid healing with atonement at that time and have really only played as disc. I used to even farm warbringers with my priest. I suppose I could switch to shadow for dps, but have never really tried shadow at all.

Dynehighwind: shaman. this is one of my chars I play the most currently and typically raid heal in resto then go enhance for dps/farming. I used elemental for DPS in MoP but have really liked enhance since for farming. I am able to play any spec with this char and have no opposition to playing a spec if need be, typically I gear all specs for my chars as I'm able to so I can take any role if needed.

Beatrixshock: Paladin. To be perfectly honest I made this char because trillium and ghost iron was so expensive that I decided to mine it myself haha. but also because it was a character I could raid heal with. I typically play holy and farm as retribution, with heirloom dungeon tanking as I was lvling as my only tanking EXP. again if I had to play this specific character as a certain spec I am willing to do so and have enough general experience with each spec and their abilities to quickly learn something different.

Climhazzard: Druid. This is my 4th char and I just hit 100 6-7 days ago. I already have ilvl 700 feral gear and 694 resto and quickly reading my healing rotation on icy veins has been enough for me to be #1-2 healing in LFR/PUG raids. obviously that content is not saying much but I have out healed numerous people with way better gear because I knew the incoming damage better than them and how to balance my cooldowns. I have gone feral as my main spec to try out melee DPS for once, but again have mostly got stuck healing to get into groups so I have been playing feral/resto. I have played balance before but not with the new changes. I have really taken a liking to my druid and what hes about and have decided that he will be my main or first char I lvl to 110. I eventually level all of my chars for professions and things to do but feel like my druid is probably the char I would like most to have in this guild. unfortunately my druid is my newest/weakest char and being alone and only two months into WoD I can only do so much.

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
Druid: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... ard/simple
Priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... ind/simple
shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... ind/simple
Paladin: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... ock/simple
- Race & why you chose it: Currently Night elf but if i do go back to Horde i will probably go back to Blood elf due to the focus gain you get out of AT which is going to be huge going into Legion! Though still looking at other races currently with turning and number passes!

- Professions and why you choose them:

Across all my chars I have the professions I think to be most valuable in making me entirely self sufficient and also capable of giving me constant ways to make gold. I always max my professions on all characters and make my daily cooldowns. I typically craft the top end items from each profession multiple times a week to either sell, or put to use on my characters. I have only been back in WoD for two months and have pretty much every recipe for each profession.

Enchanting: to be able to enchant all my chars and enchant other people, on top of selling them on the AH.

Tailoring: always being able to make bags for use and to sell, with the more recent changes in being able to craft gear I have cloth covered for my priest.

Herbalism: I go through A LOT of flowers

Mining: same reason as herbalism

Alchemy: ive always had an alchemist to be able to make my own flasks for raiding, similar to why I always have an enchanter to be self sufficient. all of my chars pretty much have a flask on 24/7 and I have probably burned 500k gold in flasks afk or doing nothing while waiting.

Jewelcrafting: to make my own gems to use or to make them for others. I sell the excess.

Inscription: I picked up inscription for the shoulder enchants back in the day to be self sufficient and to not have to pay the crazy prices that other ppl sold glyphs for. now I use it for the talent changing tomes.

Engineering: this was the last profession I picked up because I wanted to have a blingtron and the other little useful gadgets like gliders. I was just discussing with one of the guild members about spending 15k to buy the mats to make jeeves and I will probably do that just to have it.

- Spec, Dual spec. I play healing as my main raid spec on every character and then melee dps off spec for farming on all my characters except my priest, which I don't farm much with. I have played balance and elemental ranged dps before but only for farming. with all of my characters I tend to gear up all of their specs regardless as I go so that I am versatile if needed.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):

For general Stats-
I can copy and paste the description for each character off icy veins, noxxic, or Mr. Robot for four characters if necessary, but I know the stat priority for all of my characters and tend to go very in depth with it regarding things like trinkets and procs. I have gone way out of the way/ spend tons of gold in the past to obtain gear to hit certain stat caps or improve my character a certain way. I actively read up and search for what gear is my BIS and with all of the info out there now a days if someone doesn't know what they need for gear and stats I'm not even sure what to say.

With my current situation of not having a guild to raid with or being able to get mythic gear which is obviously my BIS, ive actually had to do a lot more research than normal to try and piece together whats best for my chars that I can actually get. with the recent patch changes I swapped all my enchants and gems over to the new stats if a character needed them on gear that most likely will be replaced or already has been replaced when overall it probably was negligible. I still spent the money and made the changes anyway because that's just what you do to be successful with your chars from raiding mythic to farming sumptuous fur.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Rotations are the same as stats and I can copy + paste links if I really need to show them. with the legion changes I had already read all my talents, ability changes, stat changes, and rotations for all the specs on all of my characters and have played most of them a good amount now. I know my healing rotation on my druid and shaman very well and these are the only chars I have raided with and played much since the patch. I also know my melee dps rotations for all of my characters and can pick up learning a new spec or rotation pretty easily. In my opinion whats more important than being able to say my spell order is knowing each fight and how to use your rotation and cooldowns.

MOST of my experience with this comes from healing and knowing when damage is incoming to limit over healing and manage mana. knowing fight mechanics is key to effectively using your big healing cooldowns and even your regular rotation while having to do things like move around or participate in portal type mechanics.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
<warsong outriders> I joined them randomly when I picked the game back up in MoP because they were at the same progression point I was and needed a healer. during my time with them I have pretty much been the main raid healer and often supply a lot of the raiding materials. since I have come back in WoD I have maybe seen 2-3 people online EVER in the two months and essentially don't have a guild in terms of raiding or people to play with. I am sure that will change with legion, however its very boring right now. If I am not accepted into simple math I will be fine with staying in my guild and hopefully we can put our raid team together. this guild has some good players and we have always been able to accomplish clearing the most difficult content. What makes warsong different than simple math is that warsong is not as focused on fast progression which fits better for some people.

A lot of warsong members know each other IRL and they've accepted many players who were not the greatest players but were cool people. Our core group of raiders has always been able to clear the toughest content while carrying a few people somewhat anyway. If I am accepted into simple math, the only reason I would leave warsong is to guarantee that I will be in a raiding guild for legion and have other people to quest/level/play with for everything outside of raids.

Why do I want to join Simple Math:
This question was not on the template I copied from that other application but I thought it was very important. To be clear I do not want to join this guild thinking I'm going to get free mythic epics and this guild having 13/13 mythic on farm for awhile is not a big factor in why id like to join. So far I have spoken to mouthwash, DippinDots, and Rickles who all have been very cool guys. your guild carried me for my archi achievement and moose mount so I have seen what you guys can do and the activity level of the guild. The fact that this guild has had 13/13 mythic on farm for so long but still has lots of good active players who can get together to run carries and raids is the main reason I would like to join this guild. having that type of guild community is one of the best experiences in this game and a main factor in why so many people play. I seem to get along fine PUGing everything with my current situation, but the different personalities and good moments you have playing together as a group is what really makes this game and what I am looking for.

I know that I do not have much in the way to prove that I am an amazing player or have any current content raid experience past normal, but I have been in a serious progression guild before and know what it takes and whats expected. I had made a draft application to this guild weeks ago after my carry and did not submit it because I know exactly what I would be getting into if I was accepted. Tonight after talking with Rickles who not only gave me solid advice about buying Jeeves but told me to apply did I decide to submit this application. I can say with full confidence now that I am ready to give what is required of me to this guild and if I am accepted you will quickly see that I am good to have around and can contribute at a high level.

I have done progression raiding from trying to get server first against impervious in vanilla( which was nerve racking believe me) to slower paced progression semi carrying some with warsong, down to making it quite far just with pugging everything. I believe the fact that I have 4 100s and in two months have gotten them all to ilvl 700-710ish with gear for multiple specs having nothing but LFR or PUG normals shows that I know what I'm doing with this game and work hard at progressing my characters as much as possible. not really being able to pug heroic I even run all my mythics on 4 chars each week and as much of normal HFC as I can hoping for warforged drops lol. in 6-7 days I got my druid to 694 resto and 700 feral.

Where do I hope to fit in Simple Math:
This was another question not on the template that I think is very important. I know what will be required of me if I am accepted into this guild and I am willing to do that. I am a competitive player that's willing to learn, adjust, and give my best at whatever is needed of me. I do not expect to join this guild and take a main raiding spot right away and I am OK with that. I just recently started my own company and it may sometimes get in the way of WoW, currently I either cant play at all for days or I have days to play completely free. I am able to adjust my schedule some what but things are constantly growing and changing which may get in the way of the game.

I think I would fit in Simple Math as a guy whos always around for pvp, farming, running old content, help, advice, questing, and dungeons. someone who will always be able to provide any profession items like enchants and contributes to the guild bank regularly. Then for raiding I would first learn whichever spot I am needed at and raid as much as I'm needed, if that turns into being a main raider I can handle that, if I end up being a substitute or rotating with someone, then I will be fully prepared on standby and be fine with that as well.

Other Information:
I use a lot of add ons which I thought I should mention.

ELVUI is the Ui that I use because I love the way I can customize everything and have all of my buttons right there. I have it set up so that everything is scaled smaller and around the 4 corners of my screen with the middle of my screen as open as possible. I like this setup to better control things and to see more of whats going on which allows me to play better I think.

Obviously DBM

recount for data.

That's it guys for my application, after reviewing it if I need to add anything else please let me know, I spent a long time writing this and hope that I sound like someone that fits this guild. It would be so nice to have a group of people to play with again.

Highwind
User

Re: any spec priest, shaman, druid, or paladin.

Postby Highwind » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:57 am

I missed a few things when I copied the template over. first off I have never used warcraftlogs and do not have any logs to post. I will sign up and create some to add to this post.

here are my ping test results

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5514466891

my computer is an alienware alpha and other than that I do not know much about it other than its running the latest windows and I have never had any FPS issues with it playing this game. I am capable of running WoW on higher graphics than I do but have never cared too much about the graphics and think my settings around medium are fine.

here is my MSpaint version of a lacrosse stick, I am not Warhol as you will see, but promise that the sticks I string for my customers are godly works of art that shoot atomic bombs at goalies. when lax players are looking for BIS stick stringing with +1mil shooting, passing, and ball control enchants they come see me, I'm 9,000/9,000 with the stringing profession.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:41 am

Nehraxus wrote:- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Clinically
User

Postby Clinically » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:25 pm

TL;DR. I know that you are trying to apply for many classes and I don't know if you've ever done a resume for a job, but Usually you only have 1 page and then 2nd for references only. You should pick the class/spec that YOU want to raid on and find a guild that needs it and apply with it. Applying via multiple classes looks desperate I'm sure you may be thinking it makes you look flexible, trust me.....it doesn't. Picking a class and then saying you will play whatever spec needed is being flexible. When it comes to apps it's best to be short sweet and to the point.

Darenia
User

Postby Darenia » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:17 pm

By the looks of it, is it safe to say you are MAINLY a healer?
Eon: well... I was insinuating your other bunny >.> you know... sexual innuendo?
Darenia: OHH...i got a Hitachi. DONT NEED THE RABBIT ANYMORE.
Eon: arent those the really old virtual pets from the 90s?

Highwind
User

Postby Highwind » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:47 pm

^ yes im MAINLY a healer. I also understand the point of looking bad while looking flexible. After playing with all my chars after the pre patch changes i would have to say that i probably like either my shaman or druid the most and would use that toon best in a serious raiding team. If i had to play RDPS, i was wondering if a balance druid with the resto talents to off heal if necessary would be valueable to this guild. if you would like me to rewrite this for a single character only, i will take the time to do that and make a decision. Again my choice to apply for this guild is to fit into what you guys need and to be a part of an active group, nothing more. I do not want my offer to play any of my characters to be taken as im settling for what this guild wants and not what i enjoy. To be honest i actively play all my characters and usually fit in as much raiding as im able to on all of them. So to narrow it down i would say my druid or shaman would be my top choices. I am away for the next few days on business for my company but will check on this as i am able to.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:28 pm

grouch wrote:
Nehraxus wrote:- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Darenia
User

Postby Darenia » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:51 pm

Highwind wrote:^ yes im MAINLY a healer. I also understand the point of looking bad while looking flexible. After playing with all my chars after the pre patch changes i would have to say that i probably like either my shaman or druid the most and would use that toon best in a serious raiding team. If i had to play RDPS, i was wondering if a balance druid with the resto talents to off heal if necessary would be valueable to this guild. if you would like me to rewrite this for a single character only, i will take the time to do that and make a decision. Again my choice to apply for this guild is to fit into what you guys need and to be a part of an active group, nothing more. I do not want my offer to play any of my characters to be taken as im settling for what this guild wants and not what i enjoy. To be honest i actively play all my characters and usually fit in as much raiding as im able to on all of them. So to narrow it down i would say my druid or shaman would be my top choices. I am away for the next few days on business for my company but will check on this as i am able to.

Well at the moment we are heavy on healers. If you are willing to switch to DPS as a MS maybe then. I am not an officer nor hold any special position in the guild. I THINK officers might be more willing if you were to go a range vs a melee (since we are melee heavy too). Hopefully, one of them will respond.
Eon: well... I was insinuating your other bunny >.> you know... sexual innuendo?
Darenia: OHH...i got a Hitachi. DONT NEED THE RABBIT ANYMORE.
Eon: arent those the really old virtual pets from the 90s?

Highwind
User

Postby Highwind » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Yes I would be willing to go ranged DPS and learn to raid as that style of play. its not like I have never done it before, Its just not something I regularly do. That was why I posted my application listing all of my characters because I was attempting to show that I would be willing to play whatever fit into the guild and raid team the best. Having narrowed that down a bit, I would love to play my druid as balance/off heal or my shaman as elemental/off heal. I have not had enough playtime on my priest with the disc changes to know if a disc priest would give enough dps and healing to be worthwhile to a raid so I'm not currently interested in playing that character.

having played WoW as long as I have I am confident that I can do well in any role, especially because I will take the time to research, practice, and prepare myself to do so. I play multiple characters well currently across different specs and am a big part of my current guilds raid team. joining SM I could fill a DPS role and be flexible enough to switch to healing if need be as well. Over the past two weeks I have been gearing up all of my characters more and will probably be PUGing heroic on them all this week. I am hoping to get at least one character to an ilvl that I might be able to actually prove myself in a raid with you guys.

Superdeux
User

Postby Superdeux » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:29 pm

grouch wrote:
grouch wrote:

I think Grouch may have a point here... you have added questions to the application template without yet completing the original template.

Shayleen
User

Postby Shayleen » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:48 pm

Not to discourage you. I personally think being willing to play multiple toons is great. Nonetheless, we have 3 boomkins.

Have you played boomkin ever?
How comfortable do you feel with the changes?
What is your experience as a ranged dps?
You would have to do this anyway, but how do you feel about competing for a raid spot? I really do not see a point in us having 4 :(

Being that boomkins are haste heavy right now I've seen a lot of restos switch to boomies and do just fine. I assume they probably had experience already playing it as an os.

Shayleen
User

Postby Shayleen » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:49 pm

Btw, if you have played boomkin this expansion I'd love to see some logs even if they are old.

I'd suggest answering Grouch's question.

Highwind
User

Postby Highwind » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:45 pm

I would be fine with switching to boomkin and have played it a little bit in MoP because I only had healing gear at the time and it was the best dps/gear match. I will be trying to grab some boomkin and ele shaman drops and in particular trinkets before I actually put some time into play those specs. Currently I have my healing gear on both chars to swap over and use for DPS but I am only 695ish on my relatively new druid and around 710 on my shaman with only vendor or LFR trinkets that do not have high stats or good procs. to the point of there being multiple druids if my shaman would fit the composition better as elemental that is a spec I have played a lot in the past and would be perfectly fine switching to as well going forward.

as for the topic of competing for a raid spot I want to make clear that I am willing to do so and will bring my best, however at the same time I am not trying to join this guild to take anyone's spot or push anyone down the ladder. if accepted to SM and by chance I performed better than someone its not up to me to decide what that means, that's for the officers and GM to decide what's best for the guild. I do not want this to be taken negatively either, but I am not motivated to join this guild by what loot I will be able to gain or how quickly I get it, so if I'm not in the main raid group for progression or end up as an alternate/backup to someone that is fine with me because my main goal is to be part of an active guild and group of players. I understand and have experienced being the new guy in many team type environments through sports and know what its like having to prove myself as the new guy at the same time as respecting the players that have been there longer and have earned their spots. I think my lacrosse experience in these situations translates very well to this situation and what happens on a sports team is that the new talent fits in when and where its needed at the start and then time changes things from there. that's very similar to what I think would happen if I am accepted into SM and that is perfectly fine with me. What will not be questionable ever from me is whether or not I have prepared to do my job when needed and if called upon to step up I have done that countless times in my life from things way more serious than WoW, so I promise I can handle showing up.

I have some time to raid and I will setup some log accounts so I can give you guys some data to look at, these will probably be from stuff like PUG mythic dungeons and PUG normal HFC but that's the best I can do. most likely they will be for healing too which is usually the only way I can get into most of these PUGs. I am completely new to tracking my log data in these ways and pretty much any way other than watching my own meters to see how I am doing and how others are doing in the moment. In my current guild I have always been a top healer and usually #1 on meters without much competition.

Grouch I Apologize for missing your post and taking so long to reply to it, I have been checking this on my phone and was not home to run the test. I will run one right now and reply to this, however I am on my neighbors internet at the moment(which is fine) and will be getting a new modem and ISP through my landlord hopefully this week. once that is taken care of I will redo the test on that connection and show you the results.

Highwind
User

Postby Highwind » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:51 pm

here are the internet test results while using my downstairs neighbors wifi. when I first jumped on this last night I was having a lot of random D/C issues from WoW and was not sure if it was me or the problems they were having at that time with the game. when the connection was working, I did not have any issues lag wise. I should hopefully have my new modem and ISP within a week if my landlord follows through with his statements and we discussed getting a quality service and service provider which I am hoping also gets followed through on.

forum copy

direct link copy

http://www.pingtest.net/result/149841663.png

Oneshot
User

Postby Oneshot » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:24 pm

After reviewing this app, we have decided to pass on you at this time. Best of luck in your guild search.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”