User

Almagest 729 Warlock

Postby Armagest » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:28 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 21 SLC, UT
- Number of Testicles: Let you know when they drop... *cough* 2 *cough*
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Oh yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since day 2 of vanilla live
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 5/13M HFC, 7/10 H BRF 6/7 N Highmaul

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Almagest, Warlock
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... t/advanced
- Race & why you chose it: Blood Elf, Xmog looks good plus dat 1% crit
- Professions and why you choose them: Enchanting and Tailoring, Them prices for enchants and I like to supply guildies. Tailoring because of the bags and some misc stuff
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Affliction main with Destro OS. Play both regularly
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): For affliction my priority is Mastery>Haste>Crit>Multi. Mainly cause of spec switching mastery is just an overall power house stat for locks. I take haste to only 20% as I see this as kind of a sweet spot for procs and other stuff. Then mastery I just try to stack as much of as possible.

For Destro its Mastery>crit>multi>haste. I stack on mastery cause I try to utilize shadowburn as much as possible in multi target fights plus the overall damage gain with fire and brimstone.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Affliction, before pull its soulburn, pre-pot, haunt. Once pulled I go straight to casting UA, corruption, and agony into DS and doom guard if fight calls for early damage. Then sustain DoT's and maintain haunt with 4-set.

For Destro I usually start with a pre-pot into a pre cast of immolate before pull. once pulled duel conflag followed by incern until about 2 and half embers (3 if ring was popped) then unload with chaos bolts for single target. for AoE fire and brim is up with a consistent number of chaos bolts. Shadowburning low targets takes priority over chaos bolts.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: From vanilla to cata I was in "Another day of time" which was disbanded after the GM (my self) was inactive for to long. Came back mid MoP to find my account had been banned and formed "The Core" on a new account which I still have ownership of. Switched to horde and joined Warsworn and raided SoO with them and pushed Heroic (Mythic) progression. Was removed from officer majority vote. Joined Summation of Kin which I am currently pushing 5/13M on gorefiend haven't left yet.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 0/latest/#
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Known you guys since our servers merged. I want to be in a guild like more former hardcore guild. I don't know anyone just spoke with a druid.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? AMD Zambezi-4800 quad core 3.4 GHZ, 8 gbs of memory, HD readon 7850 ghz edition. 25-man raids at ultra I get around 45 FPS.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
Speedtest.net: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5163494095
pingtest.net: http://www.pingtest.net/result/141610284.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

Ninetales
User

Re: Almagest 729 Warlock

Postby Ninetales » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:36 pm

Any reason your ring isn't fully upgraded? I'd imagine at this point getting 4k+ valor a week, it wouldn't take all that long to do.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Armagest
User

Postby Armagest » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:47 pm

Most of my valor has been going into upgrading items that I have been getting the past few months since raiding with Summation of Kin.

Clinically
User

Postby Clinically » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:04 am

I'm the druid he spoke with. And Almagest for your UI they are going to comment on it not being in a raid environment, so even if it's a UI of you in HM or BRF they don't care just take one of you in a raid environment =).

Clinically
User

Postby Clinically » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 am

Also start using that valor to upgrade your ring instead. If you get in (which you don't sound like a retard) we can easily give you gear that would replace all that other stuff.

Armagest
User

Postby Armagest » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:28 am

Here is my UI on Kormrok on my personal youtube channel.

Arcimone
User

Postby Arcimone » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:05 am

Hey, the opener you're using for destro is off, you should 2x incinerate and then start castin immolate right as your first incinerate lands. From there dark soul, double conflag, then incinerate as many times as you can while still being able to burn all your embers on chaos bolts on the pull. Also for affliction you should try having your UA land right as the boss is pulled then soul burn soul swapping your dots onto the boss.

Also, which trinkets do you use on the fights in HFC, also please include some reasoning for why you chose them.

Arcimone
User

Postby Arcimone » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:07 am

I agree with the mastery over haste for progress as well, but as a side note, haste tends to be stronger than intellect at higher gear levels

Dippindots
User

Postby Dippindots » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:57 pm

Oh gosh what is this a Utah reunion!? There is only room for 1 Utah Warlock. SoonTM

Armagest
User

Postby Armagest » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:23 pm

@arcimone, haste over intellect noted although that seems a bit hard to control since every piece has int on it. For aff why soul burn into soul swap? wouldn't those shards be better off with SB: Haunt and keeping that as close to 100% uptime as possible?

For destro I will try it out and see if does increase my performance any.

As for trinkets, I only have 3 at the moment which are; Unblinking gaze, class trinket, and the trinket of fel reaver. I use unblinking gaze and star pretty much when ever I use aff except while on gorefiend, but I would much rather use DSI over that on most fights. While I am in Destro its Fel reaver piston and star but again would rather be using DSI with the class trinket cause of the mastery stack.

@Dippondots

Why be that way? why don't we go grab a beer some time? :)

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Armagest wrote:
@Dippondots

Why be that way? why don't we go grab a beer some time? :)

12 Year olds can't drink
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Clinically
User

Postby Clinically » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:56 am

@Ninetales ROFL. Also Almagest you should look into doing mythic dungeons for the boa trinkets, they're QUITE powerful. Ask Arcimone about it :).

Xiun
User

Postby Xiun » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:29 am

Was removed from officer majority vote

what happened

Armagest
User

Postby Armagest » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:55 am

I removed them from both the raid team in MoP and from a RBG team in WoD. It didn't set well with them.

Armagest
User

Postby Armagest » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:56 am

Also sorry no edit feature. @Clinically I completely forgot about that trink cause it has been a few weeks since I used it.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”