Postby Seibur » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location:
20, Charlotte area in North Carolina

- Number of Testicles:

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator?
Yes

- How long have you played WoW:
Casually in vanilla/Wrath. More raiding focus in MoP and WoD.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
14/14H prepatch SoO as an officer in <Emancipate>, 6/7M Highmaul (progressed on fight. Real life train delay of 4 hours cost me my kill), 8/10M BRF with <Unholy Trinity>.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Saebur, Death Knight

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Saebur/advanced

- Race & why you chose it:
Orc, always has had strongest racials for DK up til now.

- Professions and why you choose them:
Alchemy and Inscription. Had these professions for alch transmutes previous expacs and had no scribe.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
I play all 3(4) specs/subspecs for DK competitively. I personally prefer dw frost over any other spec, but feel comfortable to play any at a given time. DW is looking good after the recent buffs this week, so I would be looking forward to that spec the most in 6.2. I have over 95 percentile parses in all specs, and even rank 1 frost on Flamebender at the time of this app.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
I have been gearing Multistrike as it is very strong for Unholy in single target, and I have been tanking a ton this tier due to a lack of tanks in the guild, and multistrike is very good for BoS Blood.
Single Target (NP/DeF/BoS): Multistrike (2.54) > Mastery (2.14) > Crit (2.05) > Haste (1.96) > Vers (1.83)

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Anything I do is based on the research from Skullflower, Midwinter’s primary DK. Anything from him can be found here: http://summonstone.com/deathknight/unholy/

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Current guild, Unholy Trinity has taken a bit of a curve downwards mid progression this tier. Attendance issues every night and replacing our better players with worse ones really halted progression and ever since we’ve had to reprogress through every fight for the new people.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
http://i.imgur.com/jCp21C3.jpg
You can see video of me playing at http://www.twitch.tv/bulldogmaniac1/b/663176624

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/1072673/latest/#boss=0

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
Arcimone pointed me in this direction if I wanted to look for a more solid guild next tier and beyond.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
An Intel i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 970, and 8GB of RAM
Plenty over 60 fps at any settings.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4416281521
http://www.pingtest.net/result/124640719.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
http://i.imgur.com/Bho87yH.png

grouch
Admin

Re: Saebur 703 Death Knight

Postby grouch » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:52 pm

+1 for the drawing
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:00 am

Nice app. For clarification are you applying as tank or dps? or both?
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Seibur
User

Postby Seibur » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:01 am

I am able to fulfill either one you'll take me as. Preferably dps though.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:17 am

Perfect. I am sure our resident DK will have some questions for you but lets plan on talking this week in mumble.

Seibur
User

Postby Seibur » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:19 am

Sounds good.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Heyo Saebur, I'm SM's resident DK. To start off, your logs look fairly solid as unholy, keeping in the 80-85% bracket, and your frost logs look phenomenal, though the lack of sample size for Frost is small at the moment, it's still quite impressive. Watching your stream recordings, you have a good grasp on Unholy Blight and Necrotic Plague stacks which is good as it's a core mechanic to our rotation currently. You could do to be a bit more aggressive with your AMS soaking, I find though. There are times when it's a dead CD, and as much as our healers would love for us to save it as a defensive cooldown, the sad fact is that it's first and foremost a DPS cooldown. I would suggest using it a bit more aggressivly on fights like Flamebender and Maidens, as it can provide a substantial dps increase.

That being said, this tier is basically over, and what I'm looking for is knowledge of how we're going to be moving forward into the next. With next tier moving more towards DW Frost again, how do you feel about the new changes to Howling Blast, and the discussed reversal of the 25% buff to it? With it's cleave going back up to 100% of our ST damage it's going to see quite a lot more play.

As well as going into this next tier our three specs are very close dps wise, with Unholy being only a 2-4 thousand dps ahead of DW on sustained 3target cleave, and falling behind on AOE and ST, with 2h frost being a good 9k dps ahead of both on ST, do you think losing the slight 3target sustain from UH is worth trading up for the higher priority ST burst from DW on cleave fights? And have you seen any fights in testing right now that look like they would benefit from the high burst damage from 2h?
#thestruggle

Seibur
User

Postby Seibur » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm glad to see HB buffs on the ptr since dw frost is my preferred spec. I've seen discussion about its reversal, but who knows where it'll lead. You can say anything on 3rd party forums, but Blizzard will do whatever they think is best, whether that is reversing the change or even buffing it more (doubtful, just showing extremes). I don't see it getting changed from where it is at the moment as I feel it gives frost a good niche where it's been lacking so far this expansion.

Any fights that favor cleave specs are going to be a tough choice for what spec to play. I think Unholy and dw Frost are going to be very even on these fights, but would prefer Frost for the higher single target burst since these fights are going to have a priority regarding what needs to be killed first. Anyone playing Unholy for these fights are just looking for higher numbers on total damage done on Skada/Recount imo, but that doesn't always matter. 2h is going to be looking strong for a lot of fights since it's single target is just insane in comparison. An example of it's burst being put to use would be Iron Reaver in flight phase. Every bomb wave 2h will have a full set of runes to burst down bombs.

As for AMS usage I totally agree in it's priority as a dps cooldown, but I also see the importance of it's defensive use. Our healing situation has been severly under-performing recently so I've been holding it back for defensive use more.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Like the responses. Would you be able to chat tonight in mumble? (After the Blackhawks game)

Seibur
User

Postby Seibur » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:16 pm

Sure, just give me a time. I should be available then.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Does 11:30 est work for you?

Seibur
User

Postby Seibur » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Sure

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”